Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

adam88 wrote: »
    will the NOV class exhaust the current panel or are they still more waiting to get in???

Well I know a fella who is over 100th place on the 2010 panel so.... NO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Word from the inside that the recruitment will go ahead in November.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

Does anyone on the october class know what they are doing about accommadation for the first 8 weeks? Or any input about hotels etc in the phoenix park area would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gebbo

http://www.westcountyhotel.ie/

http://www.dublintourist.com/details/gate_lodge.shtml

http://www.travelodge.ie/phoenix-park-hotel

theres a few places like that! but none are realy cheap for 8 weeks duration. especialy if your staying up on weekends too. A lot of people have either gotten Digs or shared etc,but again it can be difficult to find somewhere for short term.

I will be staying 4 or 5 nights per week, i will try those places. Looks like the west county is the nearest one to the college. Thanks for that.
    Gebbo wrote: »
    http://www.westcountyhotel.ie/

http://www.dublintourist.com/details/gate_lodge.shtml

http://www.travelodge.ie/phoenix-park-hotel

theres a few places like that! but none are realy cheap for 8 weeks duration. especialy if your staying up on weekends too. A lot of people have either gotten Digs or shared etc,but again it can be difficult to find somewhere for short term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emtmayo

BX 19 wrote: »

Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

Chervill wrote: »
    I will be staying 4 or 5 nights per week, i will try those places. Looks like the west county is the nearest one to the college. Thanks for that.

I'm sure the West County does a deal for NAS staff training in the college. worth giving them a call.

Cheers
    Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gebbo

stevie06 wrote: »
    I'm sure the West County does a deal for NAS staff training in the college. worth giving them a call.

Cheers
    Steve

I know when i tried the west county they didnt offer any reductions for ambulance trainees when i asked but its worth a go. Most students used stay there apparantly at one time but for my class that started in march there was no one atall from my class staying there.

Im renting an appartment in clonsilla which is about a 15min drive each morning, hopfully finishing up here after next week. If anybody wanted to take my room etc. Is there start dates etc for this coming class??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

BX 19 wrote: »
    The November training class or a new recruitment competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Spoke to Manorhamilton this morning and was told there is no word of anything happening yet and it is going to be well into September before a decision is made. I had been told previously that they needed to notify us by 22nd August in order to give them enough time to process us through the medicals and reference checks etc. Not sure if they are just pushing us away to give them a bit of breathing space and that we'll hear soon or if it has been put back a month. Anyone know anymore?

• Advertisement

Spoke to Manorhamilton this morning and was told there is no word of anything happening yet and it is going to be well into September before a decision is made. I had been told previously that they needed to notify us by 22nd August in order to give them enough time to process us through the medicals and reference checks etc. Not sure if they are just pushing us away to give them a bit of breathing space and that we'll hear soon or if it has been put back a month. Anyone know anymore?

they said the 22nd of August to me last week, but if it goes into September i'm screwed, i need 3 months notice at work (of which i'm already over). but i guess that if they send out the offers they can always withdraw them in Sept! :eek:

its crazy not knowing what is going to happen! :confused:

I wish they just told us one way or another what was going on. Worse case it could be delayed until March next year??? Or is that even too optimistic at this stage.

emtmayo wrote: »
    I wish they just told us one way or another what was going on. Worse case it could be delayed until March next year??? Or is that even too optimistic at this stage.

TBH, i don't think they know themselves, the HSE is more than broke, the Country is more than broke. the powers that be need to decide if it is worth spending 2.5 million to train and kit out 24 paramedics for November, that decision isn't going to happen overnight, not when politics are involved.

it would be nice to know, but i'm sure that once they know, we will know asap afterwards. but i would plan for the worst and hope for the best! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Infocrazy

Hi all.... I am just applying for EMT course at the moment. I know i have a long way to go and I hope your course comes up in November. I am in my mid-thirties....... Is this a crazy move?

emtmayo wrote: »

Very interesting, as i heard from a buddy that Class 7 were not offered contracts when the finished their internships, but union stepped in, i guess that is what they are talking about. and i guess the 25 EMTS are for the PTS service that is rumored for October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wanabep

unfortunately there is no guarantee that octobers class will go ahead as planned, even if offers have been accepted they can still pull the plug, its horrible not knowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

Hi there. I think everyone should stop panicking. The notice given to all previous classes was between 6-8 weeks. The recent October class offers were exceptional to this because of august being a holiday month and there is alot of work in preparing for class intakes. There is still plenty of time in sept for offers to be made for nov. Be positive. The NAS is understaffed and the overtime bill has to be reduced. Also with the closures of A&E depts more ambulances have to be put into circulation to transport patients between hospitals. Overtime paid to paramedics versus the cost of standard pay to new recruits doesn't balance the scales for any finance dept. Heads up and be positive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CAGM9

Mossie1m wrote: »
    Hi there. I think everyone should stop panicking. The notice given to all previous classes was between 6-8 weeks. The recent October class offers were exceptional to this because of august being a holiday month and there is alot of work in preparing for class intakes. There is still plenty of time in sept for offers to be made for nov. Be positive. The NAS is understaffed and the overtime bill has to be reduced. Also with the closures of A&E depts more ambulances have to be put into circulation to transport patients between hospitals. Overtime paid to paramedics versus the cost of standard pay to new recruits doesn't balance the scales for any finance dept. Heads up and be positive!!
    N

spoke to manorhamilton today. Oct might be on hold still as no calls made to referees yet. No change in the current scenario for Nov. The waiting game continues........

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

CAGM9 wrote: »
    No change in the current scenario for Nov.

What is the current scenario for November?

• Advertisement

moose112 wrote: »
    No change in the current scenario for Nov.

What is the current scenario for November?
    Still expect to release offers but not being instructed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

I wonder is there anything you can take for the agonising wait we're going through. Really wish the Oct class would get their letter and start the ball rolling on the next class for Nov. I know better late than never, but the wait is a killer. Every text comes with the possibility of being the all important one!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

when are the hse recruiting again for paramedics ? With the leaveing cert 5 passes are the looking for biology or will any science subject do ?

Where on publicjobs.ie do i apply for next recruitment cant find any ?

bk1991 wrote: »
    when are the hse recruiting again for paramedics ? With the leaveing cert 5 passes are the looking for biology or will any science subject do ?

Where on publicjobs.ie do i apply for next recruitment cant find any ?

Thats the million euro question!!
    Register for job alerts through publicjobs.ie and ask to be notified in relation to emergency services positions.

Currently any science subject will do but anything is subject to change with the next competition.

God the waiting it so hard, I wish we knew at this stage whether we are going to be trained in October or not. So annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keepitcool

Keep the heads high,I'm sure it will but even if October class doesnt go ahead hopefully ye'll get the shout early next year for your class to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 medic999

Yes be positive, i think & hope & pray and have all my fingers and toes crossed that october AND november will go ahead,:confused: am i being too optimistic??????

References being checked for october class. Got a call today from manor to check if they can go ahead and contact my referees. BUT they are still not sure if class is going ahead or not. I have to give a month's notice in my job so they said we should know for sure next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Register for job alerts through publicjobs.ie and ask to be notified in relation to emergency services positions.

Currently any science subject will do but anything is subject to change with the next competition.

there is no paramedic choice on public jobs now .

• Advertisement

bk1991 wrote: »

there is no paramedic choice on public jobs now .
    If you register in the emergency services section they will send alerts when they are recruiting. Thats what they did previously. Stops you missing anything when a job vacancy comes up.

No alerts at present due to the fact they are not presently recruiting.

Advertisement