Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

Does anyone know if emt trainees get an allowance for accommadation etc for the 8 weeks from the hse? I miss-placed some of my info and also the latest wage that we will get. I know it changed from the first information that we got last year. Just doing a bit of budgeting for the 8 weeks ahead. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

bono_v wrote: »
    Holy god what a lovely surprise for us all!! Im early 90's on the panel so would be the class after the november class. Been told it could be around March. Anyone hear anything on this??

It's highly unlikely any announcements regarding what's involved in the 2012 budget would be announced before the end of the year. But don't let that discourage you or otherwise.
    See how close to the starting dates candidates for the next two classes received notice, and further classes would, in the current climate, expect similar notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Chervill wrote: »
    Does anyone know if emt trainees get an allowance for accommadation etc for the 8 weeks from the hse? I miss-placed some of my info and also the latest wage that we will get. I know it changed from the first information that we got last year. Just doing a bit of budgeting for the 8 weeks ahead. Thanks.

No money or allowance for any of your time in the college. There is a few B &B that do special rates. Try to get in with friends or family. This year and early next year you will be spending a lot of time there. 8 weeks, then 3 weeks after your first placement. Another 2weeks after part 1 exams. 1week driving course, 3 weeks for part 2exams. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

Thanks for that hightower... wasnt sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

No money or allowance for any of your time in the college.

I'm assuming basic pay is still paid during this time,unless something drastic has changed?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

coolmoose wrote: »
    I'm assuming basic pay is still paid during this time,unless something drastic has changed?!

Yes Basic.....Very basic. and shhhhh. dont give them any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

Does anyone know what date the November class is due to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Tech Dave wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date the November class is due to start?

Yes its Tuesday 1st November in ballinasloe, are you starting then?

yeah the last in! lucky boy! you do the medical yet?

yeah the last in! lucky boy! you do the medical yet?

wow u were bet ur delighted...Yep had it last week were u notified of yours yet?..... its all going so quick its great :D:D....only a couple a weeks left,

• Advertisement

Delighted is an understatement! only got the call today and have to do the medical this week too! any word on an orientation day?

Delighted is an understatement! only got the call today and have to do the medical this week too! any word on an orientation day?
    I just pm you. dont know if you got it....not great at using this forum:o

Thanks got it and replied!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

It was great to hear on the radio yesterday, a dedication played for the paramedic class 11 who just passed their exams in Ballinasloe. Big well done to them all. That'll be us soon enough. Anyone heard of a date for orientation yet for class 13 Ballinasloe??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 seangannon

The Carlton Shearwater provides a rate of €40 per person per night fully inclusive of a full irish breakfast and a main course evening meal in their bar. Still checking for more deals in other places though.

Here is a list of all accommodation in the area
    http://www.ballinasloe.com/content/view/422/107/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Heard that more than likely there will not be an orientation day for Nov class. We will all meet on the 1st Nov in Ballinasloe and go through uniform measurements, forms etc. We will get an email from the college with all the details soon. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

we (the october class) were informed today that out orientation day so to speak will be our first day of the course. Formal introduction to staff , facilities, premises and measurement for uniforms (although they will not be ready for us for some weeks). We were told to dress smart casual until such time as we receive them. Shirts, flat shoes, slacks , ect..

They also gave us a list of things to bring on our first day which included
    • an open mind?
    • driving licence
    • pens, paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

Hi Dave, delighted to hear you got the call, do you mind me asking what number on the panel you were, i am just outside number 100 on it and was wondering how close it is to me now?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ParaHappyman

How ye!!I am also meant to be starting in Ballinasloe on the 1st of Nov!was delighted when I got the call!I was just wondering if we will be getting contracts sent out in the post before we start, or if all of that will be taken care of on the first day(which it appears will be an orientation day) ??

• Advertisement

How ye!!I am also meant to be starting in Ballinasloe on the 1st of Nov!was delighted when I got the call!I was just wondering if we will be getting contracts sent out in the post before we start, or if all of that will be taken care of on the first day(which it appears will be an orientation day) ??
    Hello there! i have'nt heard anything at all about orientation day sorry! Im sure we should hear this week or maybe next week at the latest (hopfully);)

Thanks Redmonster, did you hear anything regarding contracts being sent out or anythin?

Thanks Redmonster, did you hear anything regarding contracts being sent out or anythin?
    Just the email we recieved thats all , have'nt got anything else.it'll come soon .... hopefully, had u your medical yet?

Hpefully is right :) Yeah I had my medical in Offaly yesterday alright!I was just wondering when we will receive the next bit of information. I am just dying to start at this stage!!

Hpefully is right :) Yeah I had my medical in Offaly yesterday alright!I was just wondering when we will receive the next bit of information. I am just dying to start at this stage!!
    wont be long now!!!!! Yeah I know the feeling ..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Hey lads, best of luck to all of ye starting in the coming weeks, for those looking of accom I know of a lad who has a house just down the road from the training center there, I think it's near a hospital called st mary's or the like, PM me and I can send on the number

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

well done to all getting called.
    i hope to be called for the next one - looking like March now.

Is the Nov . class the last one taking place in Ballinaslow?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

seangannon wrote: »
    The Carlton Shearwater provides a rate of €40 per person per night fully inclusive of a full irish breakfast and a main course evening meal in their bar. Still checking for more deals in other places though.

its great that they were able to give a deal like that but realistically do you reall want to give nearly half you pay a week to them? i stayed in a house in garbally oaks when i was there,he has two rooms to rent. pm me and i can give you his no. thanks

Anyone any updates or news on novembers class? What's next??

• Advertisement

Not a peep! leaving it very late??

Advertisement