Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

Ah right :o good news anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Surely the HSE cuts are going to affect this panel?? Starting to really worry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Recruitment embargo doesn't apply to the ambulance service, so cuts most likely won't affect the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xALFAx

Got a text from HSE today saying that the offers for the class starting 10th October have been posted today and all requested documents must be returned by 22nd July :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

I got a text too... Hopefully it will arrive in tomorrows post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

I got the text as well. I'm over the moon. I'll be waiting for the postman at the door in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6 laois123

HighlyCooL wrote: »
    I got the text as well. I'm over the moon. I'll be waiting for the postman at the door in the morning
    Hi do you mind me asking where on the panel are you. Did not get a txt and am just trying to work if or when I will

Manorhammilton said that the first 25 are gone from this panel so I think 24 are in each class.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Chervill wrote: »
    Manorhammilton said that the first 25 are gone from this panel so I think 24 are in each class. So I suppose no. 59 onwards for next course.

If 25 are gone from the panel, would that not suggest the next class will be from 26 onwards not 59??

They said in manorhammilton that 25 were already in training on the panel so number 25 onwards will be on this course

• Advertisement

Chervill wrote: »
    Yes thats right number 26 to 59.

So the 1 - 25 class is the one that people got offers for today??

Is the 26 - 59 class due to go ahead before the end of this year or has there been any indication of this by manorhamillton?? Ive rang them a few times but just get a default fobbed off answer every time....

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

when i was taking to them in June they were up to 23 on the current panel and had 3 left from the last panel.

so that would mean that they are up to 44 on the panel for the oct class. which makes sense as a buddy is no 44 and got an offer.

so next class(Nov) will be (i guess) 45-69 (giggty :D) on the panel.

well here's hoping, i'm 58, so fingers crossed i will be getting an offer next month for a Nov Start.

subscriber wrote: »
    So the 1 - 25 class is the one that people got offers for today??

Is the 26 - 59 class due to go ahead before the end of this year or has there been any indication of this by manorhamillton?? Ive rang them a few times but just get a default fobbed off answer every time....

Number 26 onwards is the class that are getting offers at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xALFAx

The letter came in today :):)

Class 12 is in Phoenix Park and may change to Tallaght part way through the course (obviously depending on the new centre's progress)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

laois123 wrote: »
    HighlyCooL wrote: »
    Hi do you mind me asking where on the panel are you. Did not get a txt and am just trying to work if or when I will

I was 37 on the panel.

I thought we would be in NASC-west. I was in awe when the offer said Dublin! Roll on the medicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

It's announced this morning that there is a freeze on ALL recruitment in the HSE due to the over budget spending. Only critical posts will be filled. Does the 2010 panel come under "Critical". not sure. Does anyone have a view on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

So happy for everyone that gor the text to start the final stage in starting their EMT training. I hope this news on the budget doesn't effect the November crew!! Good luck with the medicals and let us know how everyone gets on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emtmayo

I hope this won't affect 2010 panel Anyone any idea how this might effect us?

Hi,
    Have a look at the info on these pages, it is not looking good for the remainder of the 2010 panel,
    http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=19489

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hses-euro170m-cash-shortfall-leads-to-recruitment-freeze-2823222.html

The cuts, described by the HSE as a "pause in recruitment in all but critical vacancies", will also affect emergency medical technicians- highly trained ambulance staff required for the further rollout of changes to small hospitals whose A&E services are to be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emtmayo

Has anyone heard anything from manorhamilton? Surely if We are going to be affected they would send a txt. All going well oct and nov classes will go ahead.

• Advertisement

emtmayo wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from manorhamilton? Surely if We are going to be affected they would send a txt. All going well oct and nov classes will go ahead.

No emtmayo, we have heard nothing from manorhamilton. I made an appointment for my medical today and I sent off the required paper work. I am in the october class hopefully.

ah man , them articles are terrible news for us if the truth is behind it, and its not just media hype but im inclined to believe its true. Sickener altogeteher, been waiting with fingers and toes crossed since last november for my training offer.

I think worst case scenario, an immediate stop in training is likely to be announced in the next few weeks, best case scenario they will exhaust 2010 panel and not run another recruitment campaign for another 5 + yrs.

As for manorhamiliton, they prob dont know themselves yet..

This news is simply gutting!! Hope its not true, Going to ring manorhamilton in the morning and i'll post there response! better get my passport sorted cause there's nothing else in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Tech Dave wrote: »
    This news is simply gutting!! Hope its not true, Going to ring manorhamilton in the morning and i'll post there response! better get my passport sorted cause there's nothing else in this country!

They probably wont know anything themselves but fingers crossed it will be good news. I have a feeling that i will be boarding a plane in a few weeks myself tho:mad::mad::mad:

Hopefully it will only be a recruitment pause on new posts as technically the recruitment for our panel has already taken place! Hope somebody is listening to the prayers tonight!

Ok so spoke to Manorhamilton and they believe that our panel will be affected! They are waiting to hear what grades/jobs will be affected and they will let us know! Not lookin good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Tech Dave wrote: »
    Ok so spoke to Manorhamilton and they believe that our panel will be affected! They are waiting to hear what grades/jobs will be affected and they will let us know! Not lookin good!!

Hi, I spoke to Manorhamilton yesterday morning & they told me they were almost 100% confident that our panel was safe .... but couldnt guarantee it obviously!,, things change i know , but dont think anyone knows fully whats happening yet ..... this is so disheartening ..... but try to stay optimistic:(:(.... i am due to start in november .....

redmonster wrote: »
    Hi, I spoke to Manorhamilton yesterday morning & they told me they were almost 100% confident that our panel was safe .... but couldnt guarantee it obviously!,, things change i know , but dont think anyone knows fully whats happening yet ..... this is so disheartening ..... but try to stay optimistic:(:(.... i am due to start in november .....

I got the same answer as you redmonster, the october class is going ahead and they are not sure after that but they do hope to exhaust this panel early in the new year, keep the fingers crossed:o

ok apologies for braking up the discussion on this thread but I have a feeling ill get the most responses out of this one.. as not to clog the thread please comment back here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056332835

Does anyone know where or how to start a career in the Uk ambulance service?

Currently on the 2010 HSE panel but may need to reconsider my options as things in this country are not looking to promising and are moving quiet slowly also.

From research , I can see you must start as an ACA (ambulance care assistant) before progressing onto paramedic training having served time on duty as an ACA first.

I have my irish EMT course under my belt and have all the licences as well.

I have also seen on the websites there is university degrees that u can attend through both private and public institutions , but as far as I am aware , they are just prep courses and are not directly linked to NHS jobs in any way.. so I dont know if there would be any benefit of doing one of these.

Other than that I am not entirely sure how to go about getting a start. I can see there is jobs advertised within the different trusts on nhsjobs.co.uk but there is no reciprocal agreement between ireland and the UK to recognise courses done over here. Maby start all over again?? Next: I have no idea if any of these trusts offer on site training themselves or where this maybe advertised?

Hopefully somebody can shed some light here?

Thanks in advance..

• Advertisement

Mossie1m wrote: »
    I got the same answer as you redmonster, the october class is going ahead and they are not sure after that but they do hope to exhaust this panel early in the new year, keep the fingers crossed:o

I was also talking to manorhammilton and the information was the same as yours mossie1m. So far so good october class going ahead and they dont know after that. They are going though our information that we had to send in ( birth cert, police clearence etc) at the moment, getting ready to send offers, the lady in the office i was talking to said this.

Advertisement