Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Best of luck for next week. I thought that all the courses are running through Dublin from now on. Perhaps I heard wrong?? Are they still going in sequence for the rest of the year? So Dublin for the October class and Ballinalsoe for November? Anyone know for sure? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Sparkey84

I'm in class ten just about to finish first block of training in Dublin, have heard rumour that all classes from 12 on will be Dublin. I stress the word rumour though, I'm unsure who would actually know for sure, we have also been told that our next classroom block could be in tallagh instead of phonix park, this is because of the hq moving. Some people abit unsure the move will be that quick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The2minator

When are they going to recruit for 2011.

Im bursting for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

They are only training the first class off the existing panel at the moment and there are about 4 more classes to be trained. They may not recruit till 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

just wondering does any one know how many from the 2010 panel are in class 9 that started this week or was it all candidates that were on the 2009 panel filled the class?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 laois123

Mossie1m wrote: »
    just wondering does any one know how many from the 2010 panel are in class 9 that started this week or was it all candidates that were on the 2009 panel filled the class?

I heard that they were up to number 30 on the ..2010 panel . But not sure if that is right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emtmayo

Anyone heard any updates about when they expect the next 2010 class to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

heard today that they are up to 25 on the 2010 panel.

next class is in sept, with another in November. 24 in each class.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

Any one know any thing more about class 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drill

stevie06 wrote: »
    heard today that they are up to 25 on the 2010 panel.

next class is in sept, with another in November. 24 in each class.

Is there not talk of the school moving to tallaght in sept ?
    Would that not wipe out any chance of a course before Xmas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

eoinor wrote: »
    Any one know any thing more about class 5?

According to Manorhamilton it will be early next year! I'm in the same boat as yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

Hi, Me Too, We would have been in the November class only the candidates on the 2009 panel had to be accommodated so it will be next year i think, pity but it was hard on the lads on the 2009 panel to be taken off it in the first place, so its only fair,only another 7 or 8 months to wait, fingers & toes crossed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

drill wrote: »
    Is there not talk of the school moving to tallaght in sept ?
    Would that not wipe out any chance of a course before Xmas ?

Not sure, but what i heard from Manorhamilton was that there would be two classes this year, one in Oct and one in Nov. i guess they are trying to squeeze them in to this years budget, but have to wait for the new building to open.......... any idea where in Tallaght it is? i tried Google, but can't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

from what ive heard its one of the building that the luas goes trough the middle off. they got the top 3 floors, all the comand and control centres form arould the country are moving up to one floor, the NASC is moving to another floor, and admin will be on the 3rd floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 seangannon

from what i have heard, things are moving quicker than we all thought. with two classes already in we could be looking at an august or september class.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

seangannon wrote: »
    from what i have heard, things are moving quicker than we all thought. with two classes already in we could be looking at an august or september class.

I hope your right! I got a letter last week requesting my leaving cert results again. I contacted manerhamillton I was told that UCD wanted to verify them. I was also told that there was two classes one in oct and one in nov and if everything comes back ok I will be in one of those classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xALFAx

moose112 wrote: »
    I hope your right! I got a letter last week requesting my leaving cert results again. I contacted manerhamillton I was told that UCD wanted to verify them. I was also told that there was two classes one in oct and one in nov and if everything comes back ok I will be in one of those classes.

I also got the letter requesting my educational certs so hopefully something will happen quicker than expected.

At no. 32 i was thinking i would be in the may class but i'm happy that the 2009 panel got back on

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

Yeah, I got the letter too and was told class 5 would be early in the new year. Hope we get a few weeks notice before the class starts because I'm working in Canada and I'll need to make my way back home.

I'm not sure however if manorhamilton know anything yet. if classes move quicker or are taken in earlier they will find out but the college will know much sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 astonbaretta

Anyone have any inkling when the next recruitment drive for trainee paramedics will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dave36

Out of interest did anybody recieve their educational documents back yet? Still waiting on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

I didn't recieve my leaving cert back yet either.

Didn't get mine back either.

Hopefully we will get a phone call soon to go and pick them up in NATS :D

I'd love to get that letter to go to the NATS too!!! Our certs were gathered early to prevent any delay when they're needed at the end of the Summer. With people going on holidays over the next couple of months it saves any problem for Manorhamilton in July & August when the next 2 classes will be getting their letter to go for medical etc. So don't panic for not getting them back yet, the guys/gals in HSE are just getting ahead of the possie - good thinkin' on their part eh?!
    Roll on July/August, we'll be waiting for the post to come with the great news that we are on the final step to going through the doors of the NATS.
    Does anyone know if the decision on where the next 2 classes are going to be held? Are they both Dublin? Is the centre in Tallaght good to go for all future classes and Ballinasloe gone now?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Hey everyone!!!
    I was talking to HR a couple a weeks ago (Manorhamilton), still did'nt receive my LC results back either, but she told me classes going ahead for October (Dublin) & November (ballinasloe) all going to plan, really hope it stays this way!!!im in november class so roll on..............:):):).. not long now!!!! Ballinasloe fingers crossed !!! CAN'T WAIT :p

Had a quick chat with Manorhamilton today and they are still not sure about Ballinasloe. The May class that are in Ballinasloe are supposed to be the last group going there but NATS have to give confirmation on that. Until we get our letters out, it is still up in the air. All said and done, just happy to be on the panel and starting this year!!!

Exam Dates are up on Phecc website for Paramedic classes 12, 13 and 14 with the location being National Ambulance Service College Tallaght. :)

The classes starting in oct and nov what numbers are they

moose112 wrote: »
    The classes starting in oct and nov what numbers are they
    Oct is class 12 and Nov is class 13. Class 14 looks like March or April!!

• Advertisement

Exams are in tallagh not the course. The new coallege is supposed to open early in the new year. Courses are still going to be in phoenix park or balinasloe.

Advertisement