Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

The HSE may be abolished, but the idea of a national ambulance service will remain, albeit possibly under a different name/department/agency. I wouldn't worry about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gebbo

Whats everyone for Monday weeks course doing about accomadation?! Short term house accomadation or Bed and breakfasts etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

Hi All, newbie here. :)
    I am jealous of all ye starting soon! Best of luck to all. I'm hoping to apply next recruitment time. Anyone know when this will be?.. I'm in the process of C licence and have the leaving cert. requirements so hopefully this won't be changed again.:( Any other tips on what I could be doing in the meantime..?
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Gebbo wrote: »
    Whats everyone for Monday weeks course doing about accomadation?! Short term house accomadation or Bed and breakfasts etc?

managed to get into a spare room in my uncles house close to the park.

send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Sparkey84

MazzR wrote: »
    Hi All, newbie here. :)
    I am jealous of all ye starting soon! Best of luck to all. I'm hoping to apply next recruitment time. Anyone know when this will be?.. I'm in the process of C licence and have the leaving cert. requirements so hopefully this won't be changed again.:( Any other tips on what I could be doing in the meantime..?
    Thanks!!

i don't know when next recruitment will start.

You have a fair road ahead of you, two main obsticles ahead will be aptitude test and interview. The first one is hard to prepare for this far ahead of time, the interview however is different your understanding of the Nas is something you could start brushing up on now and know it inside out by the time you need it. You also have a long time to gain real life expierences of times you used suitable skills, they will look for examples of this in sturctured interview. The most accessable way of doing this is my opinion would be to join civil defence or order of Malta crew or possibly rnli. This could stand to you no end. Firstly it may confirm your desire to go for the job, secondly if you put the effort in it could give you a solid foundation in casualty assessment and treatment skills which you could build apon later. Personally I would also have the d1 licence pre interview, it's not a criteria for applying but you will need it later on and I think having both might show you were planning ahead and put the extra effort in. I only guessing that they might read into things like that and could be wrong but sure can't hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

Thank you! Yes I have joined civil defence and am really enjoying it. Its only furthering my interest in the career. :) I was thinking that about getting the D1 aswell. Will go about the C first as its a requirement and then continue with the D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Has anyone heard anything from nats with regards what time we're due to be there at on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Isn't it 10am ? Thats I think what the letter said anyway.

Letter?? Was that with the contract or since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Yeah it was wrote on the covering letter with the contract.

• Advertisement

Pebbles! wrote: »
    Yeah it was wrote on the covering letter with the contract.

Sorry you couldnt tell me what it said. I obviously sent it back in with that copy of the contract without reading it properly:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Can't remember all it said, most important thing was starting at ten, no other info about Monday

Pebbles! wrote: »
    Can't remember all it said, most important thing was starting at ten, no other info about Monday

Thanks Pebbles see you Monday morning.:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

****BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE STARTING MONDAY****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Good Luck to the 1st Class of 2011 & the last class from 2009. The rest of us can only be envious and wait for our turn to come. Please keep us posted on how it's going for you all. So long as there is no change from the government, there should be 2 more classes in Oct/Nov this yeaer from the 2010 panel so I'll see some of you then hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 laois123

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xALFAx

As above, I'll repeat - best f luck to eveyone starting tomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 seangannon

Come on!!! surely some feedback or updates on the course... hopefully not that intense yet...

First week down

Its been a busy busy week which has left us with little time for anything other than course work. Even after a long 8.30 - 4.30 day in the classroom you still need to put in 2-3hrs in the evening to keep up. Dont be surprised if class 10 arent on here till we graduate as its alot of work but interesting and rewarding. Even at the end of the first week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 babystaffie

Hey everyone first post on Boards :) Just got my full C driving licence so playing the waiting game for next recruitments............gonna be a looooooooooong wait by the looks of things but keeping fingers crossed. Been scoping out publicjobs since recruitment last sept. Massive congrats to all those just started and those already on the panel. Any words of advice on the interview things to say and not to say...............need to keep my head in the game and keep prepared??? cheese u guys x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

Anyone know when next drive might be? I heard it will probably be late 2011 or early 2012 was just wondering if anyone knew or heard exact month? Nothing we can do now but play the waiting game again i think :eek:

Why is everyone so quiet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

From what I hear the first class is living with there head inside emergency care in the streets! When there not in class or sleeping!

From what I hear the first class is living with there head inside emergency care in the streets! When there not in class or sleeping![/QUOTE]

Im sorry but were you answering me? Was only asking what everyone was up to...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

SAR. wrote: »
    From what I hear the first class is living with there head inside emergency care in the streets! When there not in class or sleeping!

Im sorry but were you answering me? Was only asking what everyone was up to...[/QUOTE]

No just saying. I know some one on the first class and they were saying it's flat out studying. Very intence but still worth every single second of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fire emt

Sorry to break it to ye, but it's the tenth class! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mlynch

Well contracts came today, signed sent off :D
    This day 3 weeks we'll have our first day down.....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

where abouts yee starting? ballinasloe or dubliun?>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

k_d wrote: »
    where abouts yee starting? ballinasloe or dubliun?>

ballinasloe may 9th

Advertisement