Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Hi all,

Got a phonecall on Friday to confirm my referees, who they then contated on Friday and yesterday. Final stage all done, hopefully contract out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jahdev

Anybody else got that call ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gebbo

jahdev wrote: »
    Anybody else got that call ???

i got the call too but dont think they contacted my referees yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

me too,
    Not to sure if they phoned them though.

Did you ask them to contact you before checking your references ??

• Advertisement

i did tick that box yeah so i guess if you didnt ask to be contacted beforehand initialy then they'll just ring up this week if not already done!?

I never ticked the box!

good, I was worried for a while. the waiting is killing me though

They emailed all 3 of mine with a simple form to be filled in and returned. Then they phoned them this morning to confirm the details.

I never ticked the form but as I'm still currently working for one of my referees they just wanted to check that it was ok to contact them or did I want them to ring someone else.

good, I was worried for a while. the waiting is killing me though

sure it makes no odds anyway - as long as the employers know about a call they might be recieving! i know yeah the waiting is a killer but heres hoping we'll get contracts soon eh!!!:D

• Advertisement

according to the HSE they will send all the class contracts out at the same time. they were just waiting to finalise the details garda clearance etc

My references were checked today, I'd say the contract must be almost ready to roll out. :D

My references were checked today, I'd say the contract must be almost ready to roll out. :D
    Was chatting to ome of my references - No call yet.

Was chatting to ome of my references - No call yet.

They contacted 2 outta my 3 referees so far, so im not sure if there doing all 3 or just some so maybe they contacted the other 2 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

All my refs have been checked.

Gebbo wrote: »
    They contacted 2 outta my 3 referees so far, so im not sure if there doing all 3 or just some so maybe they contacted the other 2 people?

References checked. Thank god!

All going to plan in 4 weeks time we should have day 1 over us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CAGM9

Best of luck to all those starting in March. Got through to the panel (60) so will have to wait till Sept / Oct. Dont mind waiting as long as it happens.

Keep us posted as to the progression and again, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maltam

Guys,

Only a couple of weeks left! - handed in my notice at work today (such a feeling!)

Might run a blog or tweeter account if i thought anyone might follow it or find it useful... let me know what you think...

Maltam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emtmayo

Does anyone know how many of the 2009 panel were put onto the 2010 panel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 medicfar

anyone know where the 2009 panel are training in may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

As far as I know 24 out of the 29 people form the 2009 panel accepted the offer. They will be training in Ballinalsoe for the first 8 wks after that it will be NATS in dub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ringodora

Does anyone starting in march know when we will receive our contracts

thanks pebbles do you know how this will effect the current panel? i'm in the early 70's (2010 Panel) do we have a chance of getting called this year? or at all?

Ringodora wrote: »
    Does anyone starting in march know when we will receive our contracts

when I was talking to Manorhamilton, I was told that it would be the end of feb or early march, so not long more to wait!! :D

emtmayo wrote: »
    thanks pebbles do you know how this will effect the current panel? i'm in the early 70's (2010 Panel) do we have a chance of getting called this year? or at all?

Well because so many of the previous panel accepted the offer for training it may, it means that those who we're expecting to be called for may (late 20's onwards) are not going to be called until Oct/Nov.

This would have technically put your order of merit down about 24 places.

The class from 2009 could not have been offered the course in March as that class had already been set up on the pay roll, medicals done etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 seangannon

I'm at 54 or 55 i think and my course will be starting october 10th all going to plan. Does anyone know where the 3rd course will be running??
    Also im wondering what all this is about 2009's panel i was led to believe it was all but exhausted at the time of us going for interviews.

seangannon wrote: »
    I'm at 54 or 55 i think and my course will be starting october 10th all going to plan. Does anyone know where the 3rd course will be running??
    Also im wondering what all this is about 2009's panel i was led to believe it was all but exhausted at the time of us going for interviews.

All courses will be run in NATS in Dublin after the course in may.

While the 2009 panel was in place, the HSE brought in the requirement of having to have your leaving certificate which include maths and a science subject. A number of people on this panel did not have this due to it not being an entry requirement when they applied so therefore they were never offered any training places. This was quite unfair on them so they challenged it and won. So therefore the people off the 2009 panel will be starting in May which ultimately affects the 2010 panel, as there was people thinking they would be starting in may according to their order of merit. The first group of the 2010 panel will be starting next month, the second group of this panel will be later this year.

Hope this helped!

am i being too optimistic thinking we will be called before the years out if i was 71 on the panel (2010). had all my hopes on this unemployed for the past year :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Im mid 60s on the panel, was advised this recently by manorhamilton, they told me 2009 panel is going ahead in may, and all going to plan I will be on the November 2011 training course which will be in dublin, hope this helps!!;). .. . ..fingers crossed!!

Advertisement