Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Lads

I need to buy some fragrance's.

Any recommendations on where best to purchase online as I have to get a few presents as well.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

capefear wrote: »
    Lads

I need to buy some fragrance's.

Any recommendations on where best to purchase online as I have to get a few presents as well.
    Cheers

A friend deals with cheapsmells.com and fragrancedirect.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smig1985

@ capefear

I'm currently selling a 100ml bottle of YSL M7 (mentioned earlier on this thread I believe) if you're interested? Rare stuff, hence the hefty price tag, but it's a modern masterpiece as fragrances go! Here's a link if you'd like to check it out: http://www.adverts.ie/mens-fragrances/ysl-m7-edt-and-shower-gel/3194755. Happy fragrance hunting, Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lignum

I think my favourite has to be Armani Mania, I couldnt find it in Ireland but just found it in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

You probably think this sounds stoopid, but it really does depend on you! What smells nice on one person doesn't necessarily smell the same on someone else due to your own personal scent mixing with the perfume. Also, you will have to smell it all day (assuming you're the one wearing it!) so it has to be something you like.

A few that I like on my man are:

Bvlgari AQVA
    Issey Miyake
    CK Obsession

That's the only aftershave I've ever worn that has made people comment on how nice it is. Quite a lot of aftershaves (and perfume on women for that matter) are far too strong and not really pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Chanel Bleu
    Chanel Allure Sport

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Anyone have any more recommendations? Has anyone tried Bond No. 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Shane732 wrote: »
    Anyone have any more recommendations? Has anyone tried Bond No. 9?
    In fairness - there's 27 or so pages of recommendations to look through, to summize though I would suggest one of the following:

- Armani Code
    - D&G The One
    - Bvlgari Aqva/Man
    - Blue De Channel
    - issey miyake
    - Lacoste Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

Two Dublin women walking through the perfume section of Brown Thomas. A girl promoting perfume said "Excuse me ladies, would you like to sample this new perfume" " Ah g'wan so" said one . The girl sprayed a little perfume on each of their wrists and they smelled it. "What is it" said one of the women. "It's Come to Me" said the girl.
    "Hey Sharon" said one Dub to the other "Does that smell like come to you"

D'Agger wrote: »
    In fairness - there's 27 or so pages of recommendations to look through, to summize though I would suggest one of the following:

- Armani Code
    - D&G The One
    - Bvlgari Aqva/Man
    - Blue De Channel
    - issey miyake
    - Lacoste Red

In fairness, I've contributed to the 27 pages of recommendations.

I've just bought Creed Royal Oul and Creed MI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

And you still want more? :pac:

One I'm hoping to get this weekend is 212 Sexy Man - very nice smelling aftershave, been meaning to get it for a while now

I worn a few over the years and the only ones I've returned to are Bleu de Chanel and Jo Malone's Lime, Basil and Mandarin. I don't think I've ever gone out and not got a complement on Bleu de Chanel. I wear the JM at work, it's ideal, summery and light. Another JM I liked was Wild Fig and Cassis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I got a present of Bleu de Chanel a year and a half ago and thought it was unreal. Saw it Macys last week and was dying to buy another bottle but I've too many at the minute with Abercrombie(cannot be beaten) Joop and a few others.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I got a present of Bleu de Chanel a year and a half ago and thought it was unreal. Saw it Macys last week and was dying to buy another bottle but I've too many at the minute with Abercrombie(cannot be beaten) Joop and a few others.

What? You're comparing Bleu de Chanel to Abercrombie and Joop? :eek::eek:

You should have bought the Bleu de Chanel!

My two bottles of Creed arrived yesterday (overnight delivery from the UK via Parcel motel which was impressive).

I really like the royal oud. MI is more of a subtle fragrance but it does have very good longevity.

I think my next fragrance will be Bond No. 9 New Haarlem.

I currently have the following fragrances:
    • Creed Aventus
    • Creed MI
    • Creed Royal Oud
    • Tom Ford Nero Portofino
    • Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    • Christian Dior Fahrenheit
    • Christian Dior Fahrenheit Absolute
    • Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    • Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    • Armani Code
    • Boss In Motion
    • Hugo Man
    • Prada Amber Pour Homme
    • Prada Infusion d'Iris
    • Chanel Allure Homme
    • Chanel Bleu de Chanel

I've a few other small 25 - 30ml that I got as presents etc...

The things we do to attract women! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Chic for men by Carolina Herrera is great always commented on. Hard to find though
    Another is James Bond Ocean Royale....the blue one...lovely smell

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

They are all overpriced in my opinion.
    Get a good roll on or spray in the supermarket and it does a better job,dont buy into the marketing crap by these fragrance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

My two bottles of Creed arrived yesterday (overnight delivery from the UK via Parcel motel which was impressive).

I really like the royal oud. MI is more of a subtle fragrance but it does have very good longevity.

• Creed Aventus
    • Creed MI
    • Creed Royal Oud
    • Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    • Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    • Armani Code
    • Boss In Motion
    • Hugo Man
    • Prada Amber Pour Homme
    • Prada Infusion d'Iris
    • Chanel Allure Homme
    • Chanel Bleu de Chanel

Aftershave is way down the list in that regard. I'd say wearing too much would actually put some girls off. Wearing a nice fragrance is like the cherry on the cake - not essential but pleasant.

It sounds like you're a bit of an aftershave connoisseur.

Pug160 wrote: »
    Aftershave is way down the list in that regard. I'd say wearing too much would actually put some girls off. Wearing a nice fragrance is like the cherry on the cake - not essential but pleasant.

It sounds like you're a bit of an aftershave connoisseur.

Far from it to be honest.

I've just somehow much to accumulate a lot of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Bleu de Chanel seems to get quite a bit of mentioning in this thread. Is it really that good, as it appears to get mixed reviews elsewhere?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bought some Brut this morning :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

• Creed Aventus
    • Creed MI
    • Creed Royal Oud
    • Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    • Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    • Armani Code
    • Boss In Motion
    • Hugo Man
    • Prada Amber Pour Homme
    • Prada Infusion d'Iris
    • Chanel Allure Homme
    • Chanel Bleu de Chanel

Ah Shane, i used to be just like you a few years back :D
    But i've reduced my list to about 6 or 8 and I found once i reduced the stock i enjoyed what i had much more.

I split it into 2 divisions:
    1) Work/casual/beers with the boys etc
    2) Dinner with the missus/formal occasions/weddings etc

I found some of my better bottles were lasting 2/3 years but i found i enjoyed them much more once i stating using them more regular when I cut
    down!
    I gave my mates half bottles of common stuff like Million and Code and JPG. (i sound pretentious!)

On your Creed collection. Of the 2 new ones you got i have to say i love the Royal Aud, but I wasnt all that impressed by the other. I've stated before that i think Aventus is over-rated. There's much nicer Creeds out there ;)
    The Tom Fords are some of my favs now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Walk around College Green and all you can smell is Abercrombie... and not nice...

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ah Shane, i used to be just like you a few years back :D
    But i've reduced my list to about 6 or 8 and I found once i reduced the stock i enjoyed what i had much more.

I split it into 2 divisions:
    1) Work/casual/beers with the boys etc
    2) Dinner with the missus/formal occasions/weddings etc

I found some of my better bottles were lasting 2/3 years but i found i enjoyed them much more once i stating using them more regular when I cut
    down!

I gave my mates half bottles of common stuff like Million and Code and JPG. (i sound pretentious!)

On your Creed collection. Of the 2 new ones you got i have to say i love the Royal Aud, but I wasnt all that impressed by the other. I've stated before that i think Aventus is over-rated. There's much nicer Creeds out there ;)
    The Tom Fords are some of my favs now too.

I know what you mean about Million and Le Male etc... They are mainly in my collection due to the fact that I'd moved on before I finished the bottle and I rarely use them now.

The Royal Aud is very nice, I'm wearing it at the moment. I'm not decided on the MI at the moment - I'm not getting a huge smell off it when I spray it at the moment. I'll hold my judgement for the moment.

So what other Creeds do you like? I haven't tried GIT yet.

What's in your collection at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

Is this the gentlemens club or the ladies lounge,seriously lads what are yee like.

hedgehog2 wrote: »
    Is this the gentlemens club or the ladies lounge,seriously lads what are yee like.

Name of the forum is in the top left corner if you're unsure what forum you're in.

• Administrators Posts: 53,650 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I know what you mean about Million and Le Male etc... They are mainly in my collection due to the fact that I'd moved on before I finished the bottle and I rarely use them now.

The Royal Aud is very nice, I'm wearing it at the moment. I'm not decided on the MI at the moment - I'm not getting a huge smell off it when I spray it at the moment. I'll hold my judgement for the moment.

So what other Creeds do you like? I haven't tried GIT yet.

What's in your collection at the moment?

You say moment a lot! :-)

GIT is the best by a mile. It's a lady killer, my gf hates when I wear it out haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

What do you guys think about CK One ? Ya reckon its falls on the more feminine side ? Used to wear it when I was younger but havent had it in years and thinking about getting a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Passenger wrote: »
    Bleu de Chanel seems to get quite a bit of mentioning in this thread. Is it really that good, as it appears to get mixed reviews elsewhere?

Yes indeed, Allure is a cracking smell too Viktor & Rolfs Spicebomb is a winner also. And if you want a perfume that won't break the bank, but still has a distinctive smell, try Paul Smith's Extreme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RodVelvet

Thinking of investing in some Creed, I like Aventus & GIT which I've used before,
    if I may ask which site did you purchase from?

Advertisement