Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ditto that. Although I think a lot of teachers are getting fired across Sabis this year so a lot of jobs should open up.

That says a lot about the way they treat their staff.

It really does not sound like a nice place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 emily17

I signed the contract last month and just got an email yesterday saying that they're still in the administrative phase of distributing staff to schools and will be sending files to schools over the next couple of weeks. So I guess we'll be waiting a good while longer before hearing where we're placed etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jmurtagh3858

Hi guys, I emailed recruitment asking them for an update on the status of my application as its been over 4 weeks since my second skype interview. They replied and informed me that my application meets their requirements and is saved on their database. However, they said that they do not have any suitable vacancies that suit my application and once a suitable vacancy arises they will be in contact. Anyone else been in contact with sabis and got a similar reply? Hope the reply I got means that I will be definitely going to Dubai once a suitable vacancy opens so its just a matter of waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 waterworld777

Hi guys, I emailed recruitment asking them for an update on the status of my application as its been over 4 weeks since my second skype interview. They replied and informed me that my application meets their requirements and is saved on their database. However, they said that they do not have any suitable vacancies that suit my application and once a suitable vacancy arises they will be in contact. Anyone else been in contact with sabis and got a similar reply? Hope the reply I got means that I will be definitely going to Dubai once a suitable vacancy opens so its just a matter of waiting!

Hey, yeah I emailed the other day and got the same reply, I wouldn't get your hopes up about Dubai though, I got the distinct impression at my second interview that Dubai wasn't really going to happen. I really want to be placed there too but it looks unlikely, so I'm researching my other choices quite well to see if they are places I could be happy in!

Hey, yeah I emailed the other day and got the same reply, I wouldn't get your hopes up about Dubai though, I got the distinct impression at my second interview that Dubai wasn't really going to happen. I really want to be placed there too but it looks unlikely, so I'm researching my other choices quite well to see if they are places I could be happy in!

Yeah I was told in my interview that Dubai was filling up very rapidly and then she asked me would I be willing to go to Qatar! Do you think we will be going and its just a matter of waiting to see when a vacancy arises and they get in contact with us?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was told in my interview that Dubai was filling up very rapidly and then she asked me would I be willing to go to Qatar! Do you think we will be going and its just a matter of waiting to see when a vacancy arises and they get in contact with us?

Yeah I think they will offer us a place but it will be of either our 4 choices or they may say they don't have any of those choices left so they might offer something else. I don't know will just have to wait and see - I just hope they let us know soon as if it's somewhere in not keen to go to then I'll likely decline and have to start looking for other things!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Qatar is beautiful, and much cheaper than Dubai if you're looking to save money. Plus it's not far to visit Dubai if you want to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 omahonrm

I emailed yesterday and got the exact same reply. I did see on the facebook group from last year that a lot of people found out quite late about positions so fingers crossed!

omahonrm wrote: »
    I emailed yesterday and got the exact same reply. I did see on the facebook group from last year that a lot of people found out quite late about positions so fingers crossed!

How late were they saying? I think if I haven't heard by the end of May I'll email again as Its not going to be easy for me to leave at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 omahonrm

How late were they saying? I think if I haven't heard by the end of May I'll email again as Its not going to be easy for me to leave at the last minute.

Quite a few people seem to have had a similiar experience and got emailed in July and went over a few weeks later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lhealy2

well guys the wait is finally over just got an email saying I'm to be placed in Al Ain! Has anyone else heard anything..I've so many questions now don't know where to begin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnnydiggles

Lhealy2 wrote: »
    well guys the wait is finally over just got an email saying I'm to be placed in Al Ain! Has anyone else heard anything..I've so many questions now don't know where to begin:)

Just got the same news, headed to al ain, don't even remember choosing it but hey it doesnt look too bad.

Am I the only one who didnt get an email today with a location offer? Anyone else pass their interviews but not hear anything yet? 😰😰

• Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

Got the email yesterday, I'm headed for Sharjah, anyone else going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Danevin77

Also got an email yesterday, heading to Abu Dhabi :) all very exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Clodagh91

Also got offered Abu Dhabi, Danevin what school in Abu Dhabi did you get??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rosesarered23

Bit late to the party here, I too have had a second interview with Sabis (on Skype) and waiting to hear about a position. I had emailed a few weeks ago to get updated but just got a generic email back about when a position comes up they will contact me. Does anyone know if they fill all the popular school with the face to face interviewees and then everyone else get the left overs? Excited for you guys who have found out and I hopefully will hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Danevin77

hey Clodagh its Mohammed Bin Khalifa Street, Abu Dhabi. What about you ?

Danevin77 wrote: »
    hey Clodagh its Mohammed Bin Khalifa Street, Abu Dhabi. What about you ?

Oh I know that school, I was there a few weeks ago for a meeting. It's like a fortress, huge!

I got ISC Khalifa City - does anybody know anything about this school-or did anyone get this school?

Would love to know a few people also going there before i head off.

• Advertisement

Clodagh91 wrote: »
    I got ISC Khalifa City - does anybody know anything about this school-or did anyone get this school?

Would love to know a few people also going there before i head off.
    Ah everyone always feels that way. You make friends online first and when you get there you make a million in the first day. You best friends rarely turn out to be the ones you met online. You'll be grand.

If you like I can put you in touch with one teacher there?

Hopefully that is the case BigStupidGuy but yes, I'd love to find out some thing about the school so if you could put me in touch with someone who works there that would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BenR

I got the ISC- Dubai the address is Hessa Street, Al Sufouh-2,Near Dubai College. Does anybody have any information on this school and what advise would you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kagey15

Hey guys,

I just got offered ISC - Dip in Dubai investments Park. Anyone got any insight into that school or area. would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 zb2311

I was send the generic email about a month ago saying that my application meets their requirements and has been saved to their database but there are no vacancies to suit me. This was after a second skype interview. Do you guys think I should give up hope now because it's been so long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rosesarered23

zb2311 wrote: »
    I was send the generic email about a month ago saying that my application meets their requirements and has been saved to their database but there are no vacancies to suit me. This was after a second skype interview. Do you guys think I should give up hope now because it's been so long :(

Hi Zb I had the same email - I would like to know soon as I'd like to make summer plans. I was thinking of emailing again? It can't hurt to show you're interested. I dunno!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 zb2311

Hi Zb I had the same email - I would like to know soon as I'd like to make summer plans. I was thinking of emailing again? It can't hurt to show you're interested. I dunno!!!

I know but to be honest even if it's really short notice, it's fine. I just wanted to know how likely it is that they say yes, considering loads of people recently got an offer after waiting like us :(

Hey guys, there are still some people who have been interviewed face to face and been sent the contract that still havent heard anything about a location or got any emails about an offer etc from recruitment! I was sent the generic/automated email too and was talking to a teacher that is in the uae teaching at the moment that was in our exact position this time last year and they got an email in July with an offer so I dont think we should give up hope yet! They're obviously interested in offering us a position as the email stated "once a position arises.."- its just a waiting game again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kateireland111

OrlaMurf wrote: »
    Just wondering had anybody been offered Ruwais UAE for Sabis starting in August this year?? Got offered that today..

Hi orla, just wondering how you got on in ruwais? Got an offer for there yesterday! Not sure what i think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 vanilla_bean

PM me if you want more info about Ruwais, I worked there :)

Advertisement