Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mazdoc

Hi all, I just finished my last exam with Hibernia College on Monday. Can someone tell me the best recruiter that places Teachers in Dubai/Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 omahonrm

I just has my second interview there and there was a lot of confusuon. Two people were trying to skype me then it turned out they accidentally added somebody to the conversation. They then told me I had missed my interview by 45mins even though they skyped me at the time I was told. Interview lasted about 10minutes and I was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks. They did ask me for preferences but Im definitely not feeling to confident after that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Georgie Berkeley

omahonrm wrote: »
    I just has my second interview there and there was a lot of confusuon. Two people were trying to skype me then it turned out they accidentally added somebody to the conversation. They then told me I had missed my interview by 45mins even though they skyped me at the time I was told. Interview lasted about 10minutes and I was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks. They did ask me for preferences but Im definitely not feeling to confident after that interview.

I can relate to that. Your interviewer didn't suspend the interview to check her smartphone, by any chance? Strange antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

I can relate to that. Your interviewer didn't suspend the interview to check her smartphone, by any chance? Strange antics.

No but it did turn out that she accidentally added another interviewee to the chat then left so we each thought the other was the interviewer! She didnt really seem to enthusiastic about interviewing either so like I said, not too much confidence at getting a position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

This post has been deleted.

I don't know, but I highly doubt it. Choueifat is such a "niche" that it wouldn't be too relevant anywhere else. If you're serious about a teaching career, I'd only go to it if you're desperate to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 waterworld777

I don't know, but I highly doubt it. Choueifat is such a "niche" that it wouldn't be too relevant anywhere else. If you're serious about a teaching career, I'd only go to it if you're desperate to be honest.

Hey this is maybe a question that you can answer for me BigStupidGuy; are holidays for the teachers just like a regular teacher eg. when the pupils are off for summer break etc so are you? Thanks in advance :)

Hey this is maybe a question that you can answer for me BigStupidGuy; are holidays for the teachers just like a regular teacher eg. when the pupils are off for summer break etc so are you? Thanks in advance :)

Yeah they pretty much are. 3 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks at Easter, and 2 months during summer. One or two little holidays thrown into the year also.

Yeah they pretty much are. 3 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks at Easter, and 2 months during summer. One or two little holidays thrown into the year also.

Thanks ☺️

No problem! There's no mid term though! So be prepared for a long stretch.

• Advertisement

No problem! There's no mid term though! So be prepared for a long stretch.

Yeah I guess make the most of summer and winter break! What's the deal if for example you have a wedding back at home on a weekend and would need an extra day off to fly back at a weekend?

Yeah I guess make the most of summer and winter break! What's the deal if for example you have a wedding back at home on a weekend and would need an extra day off to fly back at a weekend?

You're not allowed extra days off for things like that.

Pretty much, you'll only get days off if your mam dies or something like that. Family events like weddings are a no go. You could do it, you'd just need a good cover story ;)

You're not allowed extra days off for things like that.

Pretty much, you'll only get days off if your mam dies or something like that. Family events like weddings are a no go. You could do it, you'd just need a good cover story ;)

Hmmm that might be a problem if I stayed for a second year (that's if I'm successful).. I'm a bridesmaid at my best friends wedding sept 2016! And would need the Sunday to get back...! But that's ages away!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

Just wondering would anyone have any idea about gaining a teaching qualification while working with Sabis? They have some sort of course with Sunderland University in the UK but this appears to be a cert of some kind and not an actual teaching qualification! Any online places that do this that anyone knows of? Hibernian don't do it, you have to be in Ireland, or what about universities in the UAE? Just something I'm looking into for when I'm over there, so if anyone has any info, that would be great! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 zb2311

Anyone else waiting to hear back from them after a second skype interview? I'ts nearly been two weeks and I've not heard anything just wondering if that's something to worry about? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jmurtagh3858

zb2311 wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting to hear back from them after a second skype interview? I'ts nearly been two weeks and I've not heard anything just wondering if that's something to worry about? Thanks

Yes I'm waiting to hear back from a second skype interview too. Had mine just over two weeks ago and still no emails or replies. Thought we were meant to hear within a few weeks. ?! Have you emailed them asking them what the story is or when we would hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 zb2311

Yes I'm waiting to hear back from a second skype interview too. Had mine just over two weeks ago and still no emails or replies. Thought we were meant to hear within a few weeks. ?! Have you emailed them asking them what the story is or when we would hear back?

I was going to email but I don't want to be annoying. But I've got a feeling its gonna be weeks before we hear. Which is fine just as long as it's not months! It's exciting but I don't them want to leave it so long because it's stressing me out whilst doing me dissertation lol :(( but it's comforting that there's others in the same boat! Good luck!

zb2311 wrote: »
    I was going to email but I don't want to be annoying. But I've got a feeling its gonna be weeks before we hear. Which is fine just as long as it's not months! It's exciting but I don't them want to leave it so long because it's stressing me out whilst doing me dissertation lol :(( but it's comforting that there's others in the same boat! Good luck!

Yeah I haven't heard yet either - and really anxiously waiting! I completely understand your stress, I feel the same way trying to finishe all my papers :( and waiting on hearing. Hope everyone hears soon and get the locations they want :)

Yeah I haven't heard yet either - and really anxiously waiting! I completely understand your stress, I feel the same way trying to finishe all my papers :( and waiting on hearing. Hope everyone hears soon and get the locations they want :)

I thought I was the only one in that situation. I think Im gonna email them tomorrow evening and see if they reply, whats the worst that could happen?!. Need to know as soon as possible if I have it or not too :/ Cant hack the waiting any longer. Ill post up the reply if they do reply to me tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kagey15

Hi guys

Does anybody know the situation around police certs. I've been offered and accepted a position for this coming August 2015

I just got back my police cert and it is still showing up a drink driving offence from 8 years ago. Just wondering does anyone know if this will impact upon the position in any way???

• Advertisement

Has anybody who dud a second skype interview and been told theyll hear back in 2-4 weeks actually heard anything positive back?

Has anybody who dud a second skype interview and been told theyll hear back in 2-4 weeks actually heard anything positive back?

Nope, thats 3 weeks - they told me two weeks so getting anxious...would really just like to know!

Nope, thats 3 weeks - they told me two weeks so getting anxious...would really just like to know!

Oh god, i really dont want to wait that long. I did mine 10 days ago and its killing me. My interview didnt go too well though so I'm worried. Have you emailed them about it at all?

Oh god, i really dont want to wait that long. I did mine 10 days ago and its killing me. My interview didnt go too well though so I'm worried. Have you emailed them about it at all?

No dnot want to bother them yet in case they're still interviewing. It's killing me waiting but I waited from November till March for my second interview so may as well. Just do need to hear sooner rather then later as I have to give notice moving out of my flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tmadden64

Hi guys,

Any people out there that had their face to face interview in Dublin in March hear anything back yet in relation to location? flights? docs required? ANYTHING?? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lhealy2

tmadden64 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any people out there that had their face to face interview in Dublin in March hear anything back yet in relation to location? flights? docs required? ANYTHING?? lol

Hi I had my interview in Dublin I signed contract but have heard nothing since, I emailed them Monday with my Garda clearance and she told me they still deciding on location it's up to needs of school and il hear in due course!! So I'm sitting tight for min but need to hear soon location is gonna be a big factor for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vanilla_bean

Wouldn't hold your breath about hearing soon, returning teachers haven't even signed contracts yet so they don't know where they need new teachers. I'm pretty sure it was around June when I heard where I was placed and I signed my contract in March.

Has anyone who did the second skype interview heard anything since? It's 4 weeks tomorrow since I done mine 😒 If I don't hear anything tomorrow I'm gonna email them tomorrow evening. Anyone email them already?

Has anyone who did the second skype interview heard anything since? It's 4 weeks tomorrow since I done mine 😒 If I don't hear anything tomorrow I'm gonna email them tomorrow evening. Anyone email them already?

Nope still nothing, hope we hear soon - let us know if they reply to your email :)

• Advertisement

Wouldn't hold your breath about hearing soon, returning teachers haven't even signed contracts yet so they don't know where they need new teachers. I'm pretty sure it was around June when I heard where I was placed and I signed my contract in March.

Ditto that. Although I think a lot of teachers are getting fired across Sabis this year so a lot of jobs should open up.

Advertisement