Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In Tramore I'd say the Esquire, its table service but the prices are really good. I love the food out there.

But in town nowhere comes close to Reveloution, always perfect.

Last night I got take away from Planet Spice on the Quay and It was lovely. I'd love to go in there for a meal some night. Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Bards

Anyone know what went into the place where the lime leaf was, and is it a restaraunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bards wrote: »
    Anyone know what went into the place where the lime leaf was, and is it a restaraunt?
    Merchants steakhouse was there after limeleaf and is already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Bards

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Merchants steakhouse was there after limeleaf and is already gone

That didn't last long

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davduggan

Should check out the Halfway House on the Tramore Road, Fantastic food and service out there, well worth the spin! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

davduggan wrote: »
    Should check out the Halfway House on the Tramore Road, Fantastic food and service out there, well worth the spin! :)

I agree, it is a great spot. Love the scampi. OH loves the steak special (it's like 12euro and you couldn't fit another chip on the plate it's so full) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 muffino

Does anybody know which restaurants in Waterford serve venison? Myself and my OH are dying to try it! Tried cooking it a couple of times (once a loin, other time got venison burgers), but didnt turn out the way i wanted either time! Thanks! :-)

Also, have eaten a few places over the last couple of weeks and we've both loved La Boheme first and foremost, their 35e market menu is great value! Emilianos also have great tasty food. Ate in The Hairy Pig on Saturday night, and although was a lovely meal and good value, i can see why it is the price they are asking, steak not the best quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ThePinkCage

Where's The Hairy Pig?

Bodega do venison. If you like La Boheme, you'll like them - and they're even easier on the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Where's The Hairy Pig?

Bodega do venison. If you like La Boheme, you'll like them - and they're even easier on the pocket.

The Hairy Pig is the restaurant above The Exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The chicken wings in bodega, although over priced, are delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Kina

I'd definitely recommend The Seahorse Tavern in Tramore. Food is really lovely, and they get really brilliant acts in from all over the country.

Here's their website: http://www.seahorsetavern.ie/index.html

I'm not sure if they do Venison, but it's worth a visit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Crochet

Waterford Castle is where its at lads - seriously - was over there for an early bird a few weeks ago. Setting is fabulous. You have to be seated before 7 for the early bird. Food was seriously top notch. Steak (though sirloin) was better and tastier than any fillet I've ever eaten and it was 10oz plus. The early bird menu is a bit limited but everythin on there is pure quality. The whole meal was just gorgeous and I think 32 euro per head. Leaps and bounds better that anywhere else I've eaten in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Does anyone know of a restaraunt that serves veal?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 muffino

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Emilianos definitely have veal on their menu

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Finnbar01 wrote: »

La Palma, sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Crochet wrote: »
    Waterford Castle is where its at lads

Without doubt the nicest place in Waterford to eat and there's some great value over there these days. It's amazing how most people have never been over there. Part of it is a lack of proper marketing on the part of the Castle as most people I've talked to didn't even know you could go over there for lunch. I know it's a bit out of the way but going over the river on the ferry is all part of the charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was at the GIY Street Feast, part of the Waterford Harvest Festival and it was superb.

There were over 600 people at it and Michael Quinn Executive Head Chef in Waterford Castle was in charge of the food which was locally sourced and it was lovely. The beer was locally produced too. Credit too to the Presentation and Newtown secondary school students who volunteered to serve and clean up for the event.

I attended the GIY Gathering earlier in the day which was a very well organised day with a great range of talks and demos on offer. I'm going to start making homemade butter once I get the muslin etc. it looks very easy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Had food in the Munster last week, was €8 I think for the early bird. Was fantastic, big bowl of soup and a nice healthy sized steak with homemade chips! Herself got the fish which was massive. Big portions, great value and great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

tonc76 wrote: »
    Had dinner in Sabai on Saturday night and was really disappointed. Had eaten there previously last xmas and had a great night with everything perfect. We had the tasting menu for €30 each and it was quite poor. Starters were dim sum and a chicken and mango salad. The dim sum were fine but the chicken and mango left a lot to be desired. The mango was roack hard and the chicken pieces were rock hard :mad: We had 4 main courses of thai red curry (as hot as the fires of hell and left there as a result) weeping tiger steak which wasn't anything special veg stir fry which my colleague said was average and a duck dish which was the only one that we finished.

Disappointed as I said and I'll not be back there.

Was in Sabai last night for the first time. really disappointed with it. very overpriced, service was bad and food was not good at all(for the price). Will never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sully wrote: »
    Had food in the Munster last week, was €8 I think for the early bird. Was fantastic, big bowl of soup and a nice healthy sized steak with homemade chips! Herself got the fish which was massive. Big portions, great value and great service.

€8 for soup and steak and chips, thats cheaper than the supermarket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Was in Sabai last night for the first time. really disappointed with it. very overpriced, service was bad and food was not good at all(for the price). Will never go back.

+1 to to the part that the food was bad ! - we are regullars in there both sit down and take away , but we got a takeaway on Sat night and it was very bad , really strange for this place but who ever was cooking never heard of thailand let alone thai food !

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Sully wrote: »

I was there a few weeks and I agree with you 100%, they gave two large pieces of fish with beer batter. I ordered the chicken curry it was served with chips, rice and poppadoms, again really big portion and good value.

I also went to the Bodega recently for an early bird. I really enjoyed mine I had the chicken as a main course and my mum ordered the steak. It looked mediocre on the plate and the sauce tasted very bland. Having dined in McClearys the week before their steak was ten times better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Quite disturbed to hear that Sabai might be dropping off on the quality as its probably my favorite place to eat, went to give The Banyan in Tramore a go last week, not impressed at all, food was poor, kinda bland even though I requested extra hot, service was very poor (had to ask twice for a glass of wine the first time as waitress forgot, then when I ordered a second glass of wine I actually got so tired of waiting I went to the bar myself to find the waitress who had been asked twiddling her thumbs behind the bar!

They gave us the early bird option but the choice is so poor that it seems pointless to me and we went with the A La Carte Everybody can have a bad night but it was so disappointing I doubt ill be going back which is a shame cause the place came recommended and the owner/manager seems quite nice and friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Shark

Hi can someone recommend a nice restaurant in Waterford city with a good vegetarian menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

The Shark wrote: »
    Hi can someone recommend a nice restaurant in Waterford city with a good vegetarian menu?

hmmm, do you like indian, they offer a vegetarian variety on each of there dishes...... Cafe Goa next to the granary on the quay is my personal favourite, if you are new to indian ask the big guy in there, he will make some suggestions to you of what you may like hes very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Went to the Kazbar on sunday for lunch, absolutely chuffed with what we got...... Steak Sandwich with a generous amount of steak, onions in a chiabatta, lovely chunky chips, side salad, coleslaw and a ramakin of pepper sauce.....10 bob happy days.. service was good and the seating and tables are very comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fugs!!

Can anybody recomend a good resteraunt for for ceoliac diets i.e. Gluten free.

Has anyone ever eaten in the resteraunt in Mary street? I think its Latvaian.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

The Pantry in Georges court have a full GF menu.

Harliquin make GF pasta on request. sound lads there, they get in the GF bread regularly now.

espresso make GF pizzas on demand. but double check that its GF before you eat it, the gave me a normal one by mistake once. was in bits for days after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Were is the best place to get a steak but also have some decent vegetarian options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Saw it getting a lick of paint today...hmmmmmm

Advertisement