Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I thought the same people had the lot re limeleaf, bought out of franchise due to expense of it.

What's L'Atmosphere like to eat in? Heard good reports.

And there's 3 Indian restaurants on the Quay. What about a Mexican? Never been a Mexican in Waterford, though I think Goose's were along those lines.
    I went to go to Limeleaf just after it closed (didn't know at the time) and there was a sign on the door saying 'Opening soon under new management'
    The same people may own the building though? Yeah, i think they bought out of the Lemongrass franchise? Not sure on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Was in Emiliano's tonight and it was fab!

17.50 from Option A which includes starter and mains.
    21.50 from Option B for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Was in Emiliano's tonight and it was fab!

17.50 from Option A which includes starter and mains.
    21.50 from Option B for same.

Ant chance of listing what was available for each option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It's a pretty big selection I think. Four or five choices on each so might be tough to recall. I think Option A is pasta dishes and Option B is meat and fish dishes.

Last time I was there I got spicy chicken wings and a ribeye steak. Both were lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Escape has been on daft for a while now, wonder will he try lease it as a club or something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

nkay1985 wrote: »
    It's a pretty big selection I think. Four or five choices on each so might be tough to recall. I think Option A is pasta dishes and Option B is meat and fish dishes.

Last time I was there I got spicy chicken wings and a ribeye steak. Both were lovely.

Yep spot on!

The chicken wings were fabulous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Flash tried to get The Old Stand and open it as a Mexican, but it never really worked out. That guy deserves tons of respect for what he has been trying to do in this town.

I love Revolution, A mexican would do great here, totally different. Even try a few Mexican dishes in Revolution.

Had food in the Cove last night. Got the buffalo burger. Delicious! Best burger I've had in ages! :D Staff were really nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I love Revolution, A mexican would do great here, totally different. Even try a few Mexican dishes in Revolution.

yep , ive been to a couple of mexican restaurants when i was in oz , beautiful spicy yummy food !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

daftdave wrote: »
    yep , ive been to a couple of mexican restaurants when i was in oz , beautiful spicy yummy food !!

Wasn't there a mexican restaurant out in Tramore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Whats the best place for an Indian meal? None of my friends like Indian so I've never been to any here but going for a date Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

Whats the best place for an Indian meal? None of my friends like Indian so I've never been to any here but going for a date Saturday night.

Goa on the Quay is by far the best imo

Goa on the Quay is by far the best imo
    I agree. Very nice place. Lovely food! Great spot for a date. Nice and intimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I agree. Very nice place. Lovely food! Great spot for a date. Nice and intimate.

Did they sort out that thing about when getting a take away. I found it took away from the atmosphere to have people walking out with a bag of curry :D

I hope they got in a side door or something for the takeaways, as the food was lovely there, and its nice to watch people walk along the quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I'll agree with that too. It's best Indian in town by a long shot. Eastenders used to be my favourite but their standards have dropped considerably in the past year or so. Only downside to Cafe Goa is when you are in there on a busy night you can feel a bit rushed by the staff probably due to the size of the place, they obviously want to get as many covers as possible.

dayshah wrote: »
    Did they sort out that thing about when getting a take away. I found it took away from the atmosphere to have people walking out with a bag of curry :D

I hope they got in a side door or something for the takeaways, as the food was lovely there, and its nice to watch people walk along the quay.
    Some job getting a side door in there! Isn't it in the middle of the Tourist Office and Dooleys or am I mistaken? I agree with your point though, it's like a packed sitting room when there ae people waiting for takeaways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Some job getting a side door in there! Isn't it in the middle of the Tourist Office and Dooleys or am I mistaken? I agree with your point though, it's like a packed sitting room when there ae people waiting for takeaways.

I can't remember. But maybe they could use some sort of kitchen back door for the takeaways, or maybe do away with takeaways altogether, and be a slightly more upmarket indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

I heard Goa are extending upstairs so maybe that will allow more room for a take away downstairs and then they can also move the tables away from that draughty door, and create a bit more space, but for great food I would put up with a bit of discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thiadale06

Anyone try the hairy pig heard good review's

thiadale06 wrote: »
    I went there with a work night out recently. €35 quid for a 3 course meal, and 5 drinks!!:eek:
    Best value meal I've had in years! The food itself was fantastic. Not a single complaint. Massive portions too! Proper Irish food,all locally sourced. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a mexican restaurant out in Tramore?

I think you're right, cannot think of the name of it but it was down amongst the holiday homes in Pebble beach and was upstairs iirc. I think it changed cuisine a couple of times.

For anyone wanting somewhere to eat outside the city I can recommend The Copper Hen above Mother McHugh's in Fenor, went there with friends last night and it was very good and reasonably priced and very good service. We'll definitely be going back there again. I had steak and it was melt in the mouth.

I think The Alamo was the name of that Mexican restaurant in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think The Alamo was the name of that Mexican restaurant in Tramore.
    I thought it was Tex Mex?

AdMMM wrote: »
    I thought it was Tex Mex?

We'll meet halfway. How about The Alamo Tex-Mex restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Junior

thiadale06 wrote: »

Where's this Hairy Pig you speak of ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Junior wrote: »

Ballybricken, across from the Garda station.

Junior wrote: »

Ballybricken, across from the Garda station.
    Upstairs of The Exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Im on holidays in the area and was wondering if you could recommend a good spot for a carvery dinner this afternoon in the Waterford City/Tramore area?

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Revolution do a nice carvery. I'm not a huge carvery fan so I can't recommend many more after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

the showboat in the glen does a good carvery.

Advertisement