Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yahh

AdMMM wrote: »
    What's your budget?

havent really got one!! im not worryed about spending money if its a good night out

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

yahh wrote: »
    havent really got one!! im not worryed about spending money if its a good night out

How good is she with trying different kinds of food? la boheme is a great spot for fancy food but it is a little put there for my taste. Cafe Goa you also can't go wrong with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was at the Imperial Garden Chinese on Manor St a couple of times. Food is gorgeous and the service is very good IMO. Had take-away and sat in also. Top place.

The Gingerman, been there for lunch a good few times and lovely good. Bit pricey, but worth it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Did the Early Bird the other day and it was scrum - had a lovely tomato and fish soup, rib-eye steak and creme brulee. The other half came and the total bill was €55 including a glass of wine.

How bad..

(was there at xmas party too and it was fantastic - shame can't afford to do a la carte there :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

mozattack wrote: »
    The other half came...

OK, you said it was good, but at least you could spare us that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dreams aloud

Have to agree about Imperial Garden, food is lovely & early bird is great value.

I had dinner in the Munster last week & it was really good, nice atmosphere too. Try the duck..it's gorgeous & the desserts are amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Heading to McLearys tomorrow. Any suggestions on what to try?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

are you a steak lover?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Was there last week, had the seafood pancake, it was absolutely fab, chicken goujons are really good too.

Chose the Seafood Crepe for starters myself. Mussels, salmon and prawns. I devoured it! Steak for main course which looked like it was going to be a bit too well done but ended up being perfect. We ate off their €19 Value Menu which has a wide variety of starters and main courses. Service was a bit slow at the start of the night as it was very busy but as the place cleared out, they were very attentive.

Wonderful setting too, hadn't been there since it was the old Wine Vault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Anyone heard anything about a new steakhouse where the LimeLeaf was in Henrietta Street?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Latest places I was at for food;

Wongsons Chinese - Absolutely gorgeous. Had chicken wings to start which were gorgeous, Nice and crispy, lovely sauce. Went for the Chicken in batter with sweet and sour sauce, sometimes this dish can be a bit hit and miss in places but was gorgeous. I know the girlfriend loved what she got, but cant recall the name of her dish (basically a curry). Was nobody else there at the time and a woman serving who was very friendly.

Espresso - had the Lasagne and chips. Didn't like either, whatever way they make it it wasn't that great at all. Chips especially. Iv head Pizza there before and loved it, so was let down tbh. A bit of bread or something before you get served would be nice also, like a lot of places tend to do. Service was fine here, friendly staff.

Woodlands - same option as above and herself had some sort of pasta dish. Neither of us could eat it, was completely tasteless. Waitress was very nice and apologized, and said we didn't have to pay for it. Service was also fine here, friendly staff and no long waiting to be served or anything just the food was a big let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Went to T&H's for lunch, left after 20mins after being told twice they'd be with us in a few mins.

La Taverna is my favourite place for lunch in the town, lovely fresh Italian food, i highly recommend it.

durrus wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything about a new steakhouse where the LimeLeaf was in Henrietta Street?

Walked past it today. Merchants is what it's called and they describe themselves as a bar and grill. Didnt have a chance to look at a menu but the mere title of the place has me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Walked past it today. Merchants is what it's called and they describe themselves as a bar and grill. Didnt have a chance to look at a menu but the mere title of the place has me interested.

We actually walked up the quay last night and came across this place. I was nosy and walked in to see if they had a menu that I could take away with me. They didn't but the girl was very nice and left my Fiance and I to look over the menu. The menu had my mouth watering! We are going to go there on Friday night to check it out!

What were there prices like? Also, does the place live up to the "bar" part of their name?

What were there prices like? Also, does the place live up to the "bar" part of their name?

Prices from what I could see ranged from 3 euro to 26 euro. I was literally only inside the door of the place so didn't get a proper look. Will let you know after Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

Had the early bird for €20 in L'Atmosphere last Thursday, choice of 4 starters, mains , and desserts, great food, great value and very good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 waterford1

Was in merchants tonight food was out of this world eat of there value menu starter main n tea/coffee 19.00 the wine was to die for and very reasonable from what I can remember most of the bottles were around the 15 mark staff were run off there feet but seemed to be managing I suppose there really only starting and don't know how busy it's goin to get I will defo be back !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

waterford1 wrote: »
    Was in merchants tonight food was out of this world eat of there value menu starter main n tea/coffee 19.00 the wine was to die for and very reasonable from what I can remember most of the bottles were around the 15 mark staff were run off there feet but seemed to be managing I suppose there really only starting and don't know how busy it's goin to get I will defo be back !!

What kind of food is on the menu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 waterford1

I had the garlic bread for starters n 8oz sirloin for mains it seemed to be mainly steaks, fish etc was talking to they guy he was either the owner r the manager and he explained that it was only a test menu and they were bringn out a new one next week with more on it !

Wow! We had dinner here this evening and the food and service was fabulous!

I'm still really curious, does it deliver on the bar front?

I'm still really curious, does it deliver on the bar front?

The bar is as you go in the door and is separate from the restaurant part.They serve beer and wine. But it is not somewhere you would go with friends for "just a drink". Is this what you mean? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

waterford1 wrote: »
    where about is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It sounds like my kind of place. Popped down recently for lunch but it's only open evenings at the mo I think

next wrote: »
    where about is it ?

It's 2-5 Henrietta Street ;)

It sounds like my kind of place. Popped down recently for lunch but it's only open evenings at the mo I think

I must say that it is the best food that we have had in years! It is a shame that they are not open for lunch as they would make a killing! I don't think that they have ruled it out either from speaking to the owner last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Had dinner in Sabai on Saturday night and was really disappointed. Had eaten there previously last xmas and had a great night with everything perfect. We had the tasting menu for €30 each and it was quite poor. Starters were dim sum and a chicken and mango salad. The dim sum were fine but the chicken and mango left a lot to be desired. The mango was roack hard and the chicken pieces were rock hard :mad: We had 4 main courses of thai red curry (as hot as the fires of hell and left there as a result) weeping tiger steak which wasn't anything special veg stir fry which my colleague said was average and a duck dish which was the only one that we finished.

Disappointed as I said and I'll not be back there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 deise4ever

Has anyone been to the Manor Restaurant since Fitzpatricks closed? Heard they have a new chef but can't find anymore about it. Merchants sounds great but they don't seem to do lunch.

Advertisement