Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭victory10

My Ariva HD Combo has stopped recording a scheduled list.
    It records the first one on the list fine, but then it stops recording till I wake up and get disappointed.
    I noticed this only for night schedules and I am wondering if anybody has had such an experience and what is the solution.
    Perhaps rebooting might do the trick and I will try this today, but it would help to hear from users who had this before.
    Thanks.

victory10 wrote: »
    My Ariva HD Combo has stopped recording a scheduled list.
    It records the first one on the list fine, but then it stops recording till I wake up and get disappointed.
    I noticed this only for night schedules and I am wondering if anybody has had such an experience and what is the solution.
    Perhaps rebooting might do the trick and I will try this today, but it would help to hear from users who had this before.
    Thanks.

Here is an update about the probem.
    Rebooting the receiver helped for a day or two, but then it stopped recording.
    Then I noticed that the HDD free size is about 30GB, so I started to delete recording that I do not need anymore until the free size was about 100GB.
    This seems to have helped to resolve the problem.
    I don't understand why does it need more than 30GB when timeshift is switched off.

I am interested in buying the Ariva 210, but I don't want to be disappointed again by having small text for menus and subtitles like the Ariva HD Combo has.
    I would appreciate it if someone who has this exact model or a similar like Ariva 220 to let me know if this model has a decent font size.
    Another request is to know if this model can record ALL the subtitles from TV channels (SD, NOT HD) that have multi-languages such as TV5 Europe on Hot Bird, which sends about 6-8 subtitles (on occasions, especially movies, including English).
    A simple test is to wait until this channel has a program that sends several languages at the same time, then record few minutes, stop and play the recording while changing the subtitle.
    This might not be possible as the white button (on Ariva HD Combo)doesn't function to switch subtitles during play, but perhaps on the newer models it does.
    If not, then try to extract everything from the recording (video, audio, teletext, subtitle pages) using ProjectX, if you are familiar with how to use it
    Thanks for your assistance.

All of a sudden, the Ariva HD Combo stopped recording encrypted channels, only FTA.
    Has anybody experienced this before and what is the solution?
    Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

All of a sudden, the Ariva HD Combo stopped recording encrypted channels, only FTA.
    Has anybody experienced this before and what is the solution?
    Thanks for any help.

Maybe the card needs an update and the Ariva can't do it?

• Advertisement

gtg60 wrote: »
    Maybe the card needs an update and the Ariva can't do it?

Nothing to do with card. It is the receiver.
    Will try reverting to factory defaults over the weekend, unless someone can suggest a better solution over the next 48 hours.

Using factory defaults sorted out the recording problem of encrypted channels.
    It was a bit of a headache, but well woth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

I have Ariva Combo HD, but I can share my PVR experience.
    1 - The EPG (where available by the broadcaster) does show the programming for several days ahead and I can record a specific program by selecting it and then click the OPT button (Options button).
    2 - A USB flash can record, but I will not be able to use it for time shift as I need a larger size. Perhaps with a 16GB it should be OK, but I hate to see the LED flashing all the time as the USB connector is in the front also the flash can get an unintentional bashing.
    With external HDD, the USB flexible cable makes more user friendly.
    You have to be very carefull with external HDD. You must always uninstall before disconnecting it from the system.
    3 - You can record and watch another TV channel, provided they are both in the same transponder. No problem with SD channels, but this didn't work for HD. Perhaps the Ariva 120 is better than my older model.
    I was told that this works well for all DTT channels, but I had problems going back to the recorded TV channel so I use this only for the Sat SD channels.
    Hope this helps.

Hi guys,
    I have a ariva 120 and when I record say bbc1, I can only watch one other sat channel say itv1, and then the rest are the rte's channels.
    I watch mostly the uk channels so recording only happens when i'm out or in bed.
    Is this the norm for the ariva 120 or has it something to do with my hard drive or am I doing something wrong please advise. I have a imogen 500 hdd plugged in but not mains operated but records no problem from timer/pause etc.
    Many thanks for any advice given

pat1981 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have a ariva 120 and when I record say bbc1, I can only watch one other sat channel say itv1, and then the rest are the rte's channels.
    I watch mostly the uk channels so recording only happens when i'm out or in bed.
    Is this the norm for the ariva 120 or has it something to do with my hard drive or am I doing something wrong please advise. I have a imogen 500 hdd plugged in but not mains operated but records no problem from timer/pause etc.
    Many thanks for any advice given

Hi,

You can record a SAT channel and view another one, provided they are both on the same SATELLITE transponder

Looking at the link below
    http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2d.html

and assuming that you meant the BBC1 HD and ITV1 HD (Meridian South East), this makes sense, because they are both on transponder 10,847

If the RTE channels are the DTT channels, then I think this is possible with the Ariva to view terrestrial channels.

If I missed something (I can't receive Astra 2D), then please clarify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PAULMC73

I am interested in buying the Ariva 210. Can I watch iplayer on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 radars

you have updated with the wrong software goto satboxes.com download sofware for 100 and re do the box but it can only be done with an rs232 cable i know had the same problem now solved..best of luck Radar

Every time I uninstall the external HDD and then install it again, the recordings get sorted in what looks like at random.
    I would like to know if there is a way to sort out the recordings according to my own preference (by date, by channel name, by title, etc).
    Also if this is possible with the newer versions of Ariva and which model.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

Hello all,

I am trying to setup my DTT channels (saorview) after a firmware upgrade.
    It finds the RTE channels, but there is no sound or video.
    The GUI identifies the channels with a K_Express 6A in brackets.

It all worked just fine before the upgrade.

Any ideas

Ferguson Ariva 120 HD Combo
    v2.18B2

thanks in advance

D

Switch off the receiver using the mains switch at the back or just pull the mains plug out, if there is no switch in your model.
    Wait for few seconds and switch on again.
    When it is ready after the boot, check the DTT channels.
    If the problem exists, delete all the DTT channels and scan again.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

I have solved the problem by doing a factory reset and re-installing the firmware.
    I then installed the DTT channels before doing the sat channels and it worked.
    I tried doing this again to confirm the bug.
    When I installed sat channels first the DTT channels search came up with all the Saorview channels with the K_EXPRESS 6A suffix in brackets.
    No video. No sound.

Like I said....installing the DTT channels first after a reset worked.

Thanks for the help!

With the start of Euro 2012 this Friday (tomorrow), I am wondering which TV Channels will be Transmitting the sport events.
    I know that ARD Das Erste is going to broadcast them FTA on Hot Bird, but I remember last time they switched off the channel completely for a whole month because of copyright issues transmitting over the Middle East. This year they would most probably do the same.
    Also ZDF changed the channel to something else during this month.
    Anyway, I am taking no chances this year and will be watching it on TVP Sport (Polish TV channel) that come on the basic package of TNK and NNK card using n CI Module which goes into one of the CI slots on the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo.
    Please give a list of how are you going to watch Euro 2012.
    Have an enjoyable time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

With the start of Euro 2012 this Friday (tomorrow), I am wondering which TV Channels will be Transmitting the sport events.
    I know that ARD Das Erste is going to broadcast them FTA on Hot Bird, but I remember last time they switched off the channel completely for a whole month because of copyright issues transmitting over the Middle East. This year they would most probably do the same.
    Also ZDF changed the channel to something else during this month.
    Anyway, I am taking no chances this year and will be watching it on TVP Sport (Polish TV channel) that come on the basic package of TNK and NNK card using n CI Module which goes into one of the CI slots on the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo.
    Please give a list of how are you going to watch Euro 2012.
    Have an enjoyable time.

Well as the majority of users on this forum are in Ireland the vast majority of viewers will be watching FTA on Saorview/Terrestrial via RTE, and for those watching on Satellite it will be FTA on 28.2(Astra 2) as ITV/BBC are sharing UK broadcasting rights.
    But there is a comprehensive list here of worldwide rights holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

look on here and with a mtorised set up the options are plenty
    http://liveonsat.com/12_soccer_i_E-U-R-O-2-0-1-2__.php

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cereya

Radio Channels

I am new to this field, having recently bought an Ariva 120 Combo. I'm happy with the
    pre-installed list of TV Channels, but I note that the Radio Channel list is missing the main BBC Radio 1,2,3 and 4. How do I acquire these ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Scan this transponder: 11954 mHz, horizontal pol., SR 27500.

Also carries the BBC 'red button' interactive streams which can be viewed as extra channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Can anyone tell me simply the differences between the Ariva HD 120 and the HD 210 please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cereya

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Scan this transponder: 11954 mHz, horizontal pol., SR 27500.

Also carries the BBC 'red button' interactive streams which can be viewed as extra channels.
    Thanks

I posted as a separate item but was advised to post in here. anyone have same problem? and is there a fix or just return box as a dud?

this is the fault

" bought this box for a sister in law, lives quite a bit away so tend to give help by phone. It all worked grand from the outset until today. Its dead ie nothing. Nothing in the front menu.

Told them to switch off at back, then at wall, etc etc but no power getting to the unit. When it switched on first thing today by Remote a letter A appeared in front menu of box. I dont an arriva so cant compare.

Any help appreciated or has box gone tits up so soon?? "

gbcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    I posted as a separate item but was advised to post in here. anyone have same problem? and is there a fix or just return box as a dud?

this is the fault

" bought this box for a sister in law, lives quite a bit away so tend to give help by phone. It all worked grand from the outset until today. Its dead ie nothing. Nothing in the front menu.

Told them to switch off at back, then at wall, etc etc but no power getting to the unit. When it switched on first thing today by Remote a letter A appeared in front menu of box. I dont an arriva so cant compare.

Any help appreciated or has box gone tits up so soon?? "

gbcullen

This thread is mainly about the first generation Ariva HD Combo.

Try this thread for the 120, I've read a few posts about ASH on the display, not a good sign, but I don't have one myself, so can't be sure.

thanks rurs, you jogged my memory, box was bought in january from satworld and they have told me to send box back.

gbcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    thanks rurs, you jogged my memory, box was bought in january from satworld and they have told me to send box back.

gbcullen
    hi gb had same problem too, bought that box for my sister from satworld too,same thing happened ash came on display then nothing,, had to send it back to satworld ,which they fixed for a charge cause my dad broke the security seal on back to see if there was power going to box which there was,,so just send it back to satworld theyll sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Has anyone experienced any disruption to their irish channels while using the Ariva hd combo lately?, Mine are gone with the last few days. Living in south tipp if that makes any difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wonk

twinex wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced any disruption to their irish channels while using the Ariva hd combo lately?, Mine are gone with the last few days. Living in south tipp if that makes any difference...

Saorview moved u have to rescan the terrestrial channels to get them back. Delete the blank irish channels then

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Excellent thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Three Rock in Dublin is the only transmitter that changed frequency. Mt. Leinster is being worked on this week: http://www.rte.ie/aertel/169-06.html

Advertisement