Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

jimrad wrote: »
    Hi folks..probably risking a slap here..but have to ask..I have been reading that the original HD combo can be patched to run with cccam...does anybody have a how to or tutorial on how to patch this box?..
    cheers

For experimental purposes I presume. All unofficial firmware at the hyperlink. As with all unofficial firmware you take your chance bricking your box..... make sure you at least download for the right model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jimrad

Cheers STB..absoloutly for experimental purposes...All I can see is firmware patches,of which I've loaded up all of them but still cant figure out how toload cline & cccam..is there a how to somewhere in there?
    cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭victory10

Hi everyone.
    I haven't been here for a while. There is something wrong with the email notifications and after a while, I received nothing.
    Anyway, I have a serious problem with the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo.
    I have BBC HD channel from Hot Bird 13E 10,834V, but when I check the avilable audio sound tracks, there is only the Polish audio with APID 661.
    According to Lyngsat, there is also an English audio on APID 761.
    I checked with a Polish friend and he told me that he can select English audio using a different HD receiver. So the English audio is definitely being sent.
    I tried to delete the channel and then rescan, but no luck.
    I have the latest firmware 025 and there is no more support for this model.
    There is no way that I can add APID 761 from the menus. If there is a way, please let me know how to fix this problem.
    I would appreciate it very much if someone with the same model can check if they can select English audio on BBC HD, even without opening the channel.
    I may have to revert to factory reset, but I would rather do this as a last resort, and there is no guarantee that this will be a solution.
    Thank you for your assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Maybe try saving the channel list to USB, load it into the channel editor, and change the APID to 761, save and reload? Possibly the fact that the APIDs aren't consecutive eg 661 POL, 662 ENG is causing the problem. I haven't got the Ariva here to check myself, next time I'm in the mother-in-laws I'll have a look.
    victory10 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I haven't been here for a while. There is something wrong with the email notifications and after a while, I received nothing.
    Anyway, I have a serious problem with the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo.
    I have BBC HD channel from Hot Bird 13E 10,834V, but when I check the avilable audio sound tracks, there is only the Polish audio with APID 661.
    According to Lyngsat, there is also an English audio on APID 761.
    I checked with a Polish friend and he told me that he can select English audio using a different HD receiver. So the English audio is definitely being sent.
    I tried to delete the channel and then rescan, but no luck.
    I have the latest firmware 025 and there is no more support for this model.
    There is no way that I can add APID 761 from the menus. If there is a way, please let me know how to fix this problem.
    I would appreciate it very much if someone with the same model can check if they can select English audio on BBC HD, even without opening the channel.
    I may have to revert to factory reset, but I would rather do this as a last resort, and there is no guarantee that this will be a solution.
    Thank you for your assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

i know i'm in the company of experts here so this could be a laughable query but here goes...as with many other people i've lost some channels,most important of which are the few free kids channels, but when i try to input the frequency "11307" (amongst other frq's) a message pops up "frequency exist" what does it mean and how can it be sorted out? if anyone could help i'd be grateful, my sanity depends on it!............oh yeah it's the ferguson ariva hd combo

• Advertisement

First, delete the channels that have gone missing, then go to Satellite TP setup.
    Highlight the "Transponder no." field, click away until you get to 11307 Vertical, then scan.

It won't let you enter the frequency as it's already in the list.

The newly added channels will show up at the end of the list, you'll have to move them to where you had them before. It's worth getting familiar with this whole procedure, as it happens now and then that channels move, or new ones are added.
    twinex wrote: »
    i know i'm in the company of experts here so this could be a laughable query but here goes...as with many other people i've lost some channels,most important of which are the few free kids channels, but when i try to input the frequency "11307" (amongst other frq's) a message pops up "frequency exist" what does it mean and how can it be sorted out? if anyone could help i'd be grateful, my sanity depends on it!............oh yeah it's the ferguson ariva hd combo

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

rurs wrote: »
    First, delete the channels that have gone missing, then go to Satellite TP setup.
    Highlight the "Transponder no." field, click away until you get to 11307 Vertical, then scan.

It won't let you enter the frequency as it's already in the list.

The newly added channels will show up at the end of the list, you'll have to move them to where you had them before. It's worth getting familiar with this whole procedure, as it happens now and then that channels move, or new ones are added.
    thanks a million!, and well explained too

Maybe try saving the channel list to USB, load it into the channel editor, and change the APID to 761, save and reload? Possibly the fact that the APIDs aren't consecutive eg 661 POL, 662 ENG is causing the problem. I haven't got the Ariva here to check myself, next time I'm in the mother-in-laws I'll have a look.

Thanks rurs.
    I thought of going this route and spent few hours yesterday looking for a suitable editor for *.usb file, but didn't find any.
    I would appreciate it if you can suggest one that you use for the Ariva HD Combo.
    As there are several other channels with the same problem, can I add multiple APIDs using the editor, or I have to change it to the English one only?
    Thanks for your help.

I used the Ferguson Editor to change the APID to 761 and then reloaded the channel list with a USB stick.
    It works fine, but if I touch the audio green button, it reverts to Polish audio and I would have to reload the file again.
    Is there any way to have both audio tracks?
    How do I add a new channel to the Ferguson editor?
    I still need a better editor if anybody can recommend one.
    It is just such a primitive editor and I wish Ferguson can spend some time giving support to customers, even to discontinued models.
    I mean we buy a receiver that should last for several years and not to throw it away and buy a new one every year.

Try this editor.

It can import data directly from KingOFSat, and is generally much easier to use than the Ferguson one. It doesn't support the .usb files, but I've found you can use the export function, choose Iotronic 7121 .txt, load this into the Ferguson editor, and save as .usb. Only problem is the names of channels get a bit truncated.

Also, you'll have to rescan the terrestrial stations.

As for the APID issue, maybe have two versions of BBC HD, one set to each of the IDs. If you name them differently, it should work.

With the Ferguson editor, I think you can add a new channel by selecting the transponder at the top, then right click in the area below where the channels on the transponder are listed.
    victory10 wrote: »
    I used the Ferguson Editor to change the APID to 761 and then reloaded the channel list with a USB stick.
    It works fine, but if I touch the audio green button, it reverts to Polish audio and I would have to reload the file again.
    Is there any way to have both audio tracks?
    How do I add a new channel to the Ferguson editor?
    I still need a better editor if anybody can recommend one.
    It is just such a primitive editor and I wish Ferguson can spend some time giving support to customers, even to discontinued models.
    I mean we buy a receiver that should last for several years and not to throw it away and buy a new one every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Hi guys
    I have a ferguson combo 120, i bought a wd elements 500g drive from argos but am having drive too slow errors and the unit keeps locking up. is there any way of formatting this drive to get it to work or am i fighting a lost cause. any ideas Alan

Try this editor.

It can import data directly from KingOFSat, and is generally much easier to use than the Ferguson one. It doesn't support the .usb files, but I've found you can use the export function, choose Iotronic 7121 .txt, load this into the Ferguson editor, and save as .usb. Only problem is the names of channels get a bit truncated.

Also, you'll have to rescan the terrestrial stations.

As for the APID issue, maybe have two versions of BBC HD, one set to each of the IDs. If you name them differently, it should work.

With the Ferguson editor, I think you can add a new channel by selecting the transponder at the top, then right click in the area below where the channels on the transponder are listed.

Thanks rurs.
    I think I will stick to the Ferguson Editor, now that I passed the learning curve. I will try the renaming method, although I prfer to have the option to change audio from the same channel.
    Appreciate the tip about adding a new channel. It works.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I have a ferguson combo 120, i bought a wd elements 500g drive from argos but am having drive too slow errors and the unit keeps locking up. is there any way of formatting this drive to get it to work or am i fighting a lost cause. any ideas Alan

The HDD size shouldn't be a problem.
    The Ferguson 120 Combo prefers to format it in NTFS, in one partition.
    I would suggest to connect it to a PC or a laptop and see what other folders and drives it has.
    Backup everything that it has (in case there are some useful backup software, and any recording that you already have) and then format it in NTFS as one partition.
    If there is any other drive on it, you should make it inactive, otherwise it could interfere with the recording.
    There is a comment in this post about this from last year.
    Once you have a clean HDD, you can connect it to the receiver and see if it recognize it. You can also format it using the utility in the menu.
    You can then add the backed up PVR files on the PC to it, if everything seem to work OK. Remember to uninstall it using the menu before you disconnect it from the receiver.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I got an Ariva & freecom 1tb hard drive from www.satworld.ie and they are both compatible.. I think they had hitatchi aswell in 500gb and said they work fine too. you have to format it as said above and it should work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Niteadds

hi guys. need a bit of a dig out. iv just tried to update me ariva 100e. was prompted with " do you wish to burn flash" yes or no and i hit yes and it continued and restarted and now it has ASH on the box display and nothings working. can i fix this through my pc with the rs cable?

thanks

I am interested in buying Ferguson Ariva 220 Combo, but would like to know first if the font size is larger than what I have now with Ariva HD Combo, and if there is a way to control the font size using a menu.
    In the HD Combo, it is not only the channel info and EPG info fonts are too small, but also the teletext subtitle text is too small.
    Thanks to any helpful replies.

Id say they're the same as the software in them is the same..

you could get a bigger tv which would be an option

or the opticum x703p combo has a big font in the menus
    http://satworld.ie/product-info.php?Opticum_HD_X7_Combo_Satellite_Terrestrial_Receiver-pid184.html

shblob wrote: »
    Id say they're the same as the software in them is the same..

you could get a bigger tv which would be an option

or the opticum x703p combo has a big font in the menus
    http://satworld.ie/product-info.php?Opticum_HD_X7_Combo_Satellite_Terrestrial_Receiver-pid184.html

Thanks. You have given me something to consider.
    But I would appreciate it if someone who has the 220 to give me a definite answer, since the software is NOT the same.

Hi Victory, ive seen one working and the whole interface is the same i know the channel lists and that are different but the interface is the same and you cant change the size of the font either

shblob wrote: »
    Hi Victory, ive seen one working and the whole interface is the same i know the channel lists and that are different but the interface is the same and you cant change the size of the font either

OK shblob. Thank you very much for clarifying this point.

• Advertisement

Recently I got a Conax CI module and card installed into the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo.
    The TV channels hang a lot and upon inspection both the card and the module feel quite hot.
    When I put a small fan nearby blowing air over the receiver top, the hanging of the channels stops.
    I am considering to open the receiver and install a small ventillator fan inside the receiver near the CI space, and power it from an external source so that it would not load the receiver power supply.
    Would this be a good idea and has anybody opened the receiver and has done something similar?
    At the moment there is just one CI module. I dread to think what would happen if I install another CI and put a card in the smartcard reader slot.
    Thanks for any comments, suggestions or tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Hi Guys,
    I'm also interested in getting Al jazeera sports.
    I have the Ferguson Ariva combo, it has Common interface and a smart card reader.
    Q. Would I have to just buy a card, or would I need to buy a CA module also ?

I posted the above in a previous thread and would be thankful for any help.

Will the combo support Viaccess or Irdeto ?

Thanks

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I'm also interested in getting Al jazeera sports.
    I have the Ferguson Ariva combo, it has Common interface and a smart card reader.
    Q. Would I have to just buy a card, or would I need to buy a CA module also ?

I posted the above in a previous thread and would be thankful for any help.

Will the combo support Viaccess or Irdeto ?

Thanks

The card comes in either Viaccess or Irdeto.
    I think I would buy only the Viaccess card and stick it in the card reader. If it doesn't work, then I would invest in a Viaccess CAM.
    The Ariva HD Combo card reader is optimized for Seca to open Cyfra+ cards from Poland, but I think it should open other encryption system (except NDS)
    I recently bought a Cyfra+ card and it has excellent sports channels, plus other interesting movie channels, so you might like to consider this option, instead of Al Jazeera.
    PM me if you need more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Did an updated channel editor ever get released for the HDCombo box? I see that the 'ArivaEditor' was released for the 120 HD Combo box but doesn't look like its backward compatible :( complete pain to edit/change channels with this box

My Cyfra+ START card is not updating in the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo smartcard reader slot since yesterday 6/11/2011.
    The entitelment page has this relevant line:
    Cyfra (0000) 6/11/2011 which would explain why it stopped.
    I am wondering if I need to leave it on a certain channel, and would appreciate to know the name of the channel and for how long.
    Also if there is another way, for example the supplier would do something about it as he knows the card number.
    Thanks.

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Did an updated channel editor ever get released for the HDCombo box? I see that the 'ArivaEditor' was released for the 120 HD Combo box but doesn't look like its backward compatible :( complete pain to edit/change channels with this box

I don't think so.
    I also thought it was painfull to use it, but it solved a big problem for me with replacing audio language to English instead of Polish, which the box wasn't showing as selectable.
    Now I think it is brilliant and would suggest to try to give it another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Just wondering do I have the most update SW, I presently have system information.

Product information: Ferguson Ariva HDcombo

SW version: 021

HW version: 003

Thanks for any help

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Just wondering do I have the most update SW, I presently have system information.

Product information: Ferguson Ariva HDcombo

SW version: 021

HW version: 003

Thanks for any help

If your question is rgarding Fergusen Ariva HD Combo, then the answer is no.
    The latest firmware is
    SW 025
    HW 003
    update October 20, 2010

You can DL it from the Fergusen eu wbsite.
    THe 025 version is good for the latest Cyfra+ smartcards.
    Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Niteadds

hi tony. could you help me out. im in need of second ariva 100e box to breath live back into my own. i attempted to update it via the web and got ashed. i was told by the shop that i bought my kit from that the only way to fix it is with a firmware copy over. i would take it back to him for this only my wife and i both work past their opening hours and he doesn't open on sat. so i was wondering if you could help me with this and how much do you charge for something like this.

thanks
    mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I'm sorry I cannot answer all your questions as commercial interaction is forbidden on this forum. I can say though thet you do not need another box necessarily as you can do this with a laptop , null modem lead and bootloader file from ferguson. It might be an idea to start another thread as this one is for the ferguson combo, the 100E although similar is not a combo.

Niteadds wrote: »
    hi tony. could you help me out. im in need of second ariva 100e box to breath live back into my own. i attempted to update it via the web and got ashed. i was told by the shop that i bought my kit from that the only way to fix it is with a firmware copy over. i would take it back to him for this only my wife and i both work past their opening hours and he doesn't open on sat. so i was wondering if you could help me with this and how much do you charge for something like this.

thanks
    mike

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement