Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

Hi all got a ariva 120hd from satworld
    picture is ok with the scart lead but i got a hdmi cable and the picture is crap & colour is all over the place ghosting of images also

i have disconnected the scart
    tried a different hdmi cable and also a different hd tv but same result
    do i need to adjust anything in the menu of the ariva
    many thanks for any advice / tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

Any help on this guys :)
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

You might do better in this thread in the terrestrial forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

wonk wrote: »
    twinex wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced any disruption to their irish channels while using the Ariva hd combo lately?, Mine are gone with the last few days. Living in south tipp if that makes any difference...

Saorview moved u have to rescan the terrestrial channels to get them back. Delete the blank irish channels then

I know I only posted this message a short while ago but it hasn't seemed to work in fact now my box won't even pick up a signal at all for the terrestrial channels nevermind tuning them back in, I've even reset the box but to no avail. I know there's a digital signal from the cable because the tv picks it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Hi all. I just set this box up for some relatives. I just wondered if a third party firmware is used (for the unmentionable), is it true that the box won't then function as both a dvb-t/dvb-s combo? I seem to have read this somewhere and wondered if this has been fixed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Hi all. I just set this box up for some relatives. I just wondered if a third party firmware is used (for the unmentionable), is it true that the box won't then function as both a dvb-t/dvb-s combo? I seem to have read this somewhere and wondered if this has been fixed...

Some of the older patched firmware removed the dvb-t function but newer versions rectified this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Some of the older patched firmware removed the dvb-t function but newer versions rectified this.
    Perfect - thanks for confirming that - that's what I was hoping for. I don't want to infringe boards rules....but I just wondered if you (or any other boardsie reading) might be able to provide a link to a board where this aspect of the ariva can be discussed in further detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 black1e

Hi
    I cannot seem to get the L + R audio stereo connectors working on this box. I have tried connecting them to L + R on the tv and to an independent set of speakers with L + R connectors and still they don't work. Can someone please let me know if they have got them working and if so in what configuration. It works fine with scart but I have a dvi connector on the tv and was using a hdmi to dvi connector and wanted to use the L + R as dvi doesn't do sound
    Thanks
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

black1e wrote: »
    Hi
    I cannot seem to get the L + R audio stereo connectors working on this box. I have tried connecting them to L + R on the tv and to an independent set of speakers with L + R connectors and still they don't work. Can someone please let me know if they have got them working and if so in what configuration. It works fine with scart but I have a dvi connector on the tv and was using a hdmi to dvi connector and wanted to use the L + R as dvi doesn't do sound
    Thanks
    B

They should just work, possibly there's a bad solder or something which is causing the problem.

You could try a Scart to phono adaptor to get around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Calvatron

Djrio wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I trying to locate the latest update firmware that includes the channel list for the Ferguson Ariva 220 Combo. I searched for ages and can't find :(

Did anyone ever post a channel list for the 220HD combo? I keep having to reinstall channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Hi guys,

Has anybody used this SO30 on the ariva HD combo

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/Ariva-HDcombo/HDcombo_firmware_S030_2012-07-16.zip/

Improved support for new parameters 11347 and 11361 transponders from Astra 19.2 E broadcaster ARD

Note: The old channel list are not compatible with this software (Google Translate)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Has anybody been able to get a sky white card working with the ariva HD combo ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidhand365

Sorry to jump in with another question, but can anyone advise on how to get BBC 1 HD since the new change??

I have all others from recent upgrade but this not showing up..

cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

BBC HD is 10847mhz, v, 23000, 2/3 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JJ Something

HELP HELP HELP, I Updated the firmware on my Ferguson Ariva HDCombo to try and help solve a problem with a new usb. After update couldn't tune terrestrial channels and for the first time could only record one channel and watch the same channel only (watch any channel before while recording). Tried reverting to default factory settings with no joy. So contacted Tony (satelite.ie) he said to do firmware update again and go to factory defaults again. So did this and I now can’t tune in either terrestrial or satellite? Astra 2 sat can't be seen anymore either. Please help:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You need to select astra 2 in the satellite list first before you try re tuning although the terrestrial should work straight away

HELP HELP HELP, I Updated the firmware on my Ferguson Ariva HDCombo to try and help solve a problem with a new usb. After update couldn't tune terrestrial channels and for the first time could only record one channel and watch the same channel only (watch any channel before while recording). Tried reverting to default factory settings with no joy. So contacted Tony (satelite.ie) he said to do firmware update again and go to factory defaults again. So did this and I now can’t tune in either terrestrial or satellite? Astra 2 sat can't be seen anymore either. Please help:mad:

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Was unable to select Astra 2 or even see it. Could see Astra 1 and some other unfamiliar sat. When I go to tune the terrestrial there's zero signal/quality strength.

When I go to tune the terrestrial there's zero signal/quality strength.

have you selected the correct frequency ? You wont see any signal strength unless this is set for the correct transmitter.

I'll check again tonight. Is normal for these sort of problems after a firmware update? Is there any sort of reset button on the sat box?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Anyone have an up to date channel list they could share? After digging this box out to use it again and can't get BBC Three after a search or two

• Advertisement

OK, no reply and then I got bored and the attached is the result.
    Note, no BBC One HD or BBC HD - need to work on those but hopefully someone might find it useful.

Irish DTT from Three Rock

Had another look and added BBC One NI HD, BBC HD and BBC One HD.
    Cleaned up channel list, removed a lot of what I thought was crap.
    Haven't touched radio stations list really

Again, Irish DTT is from Three Rock - easy to rescan though

Hopefully someone will have a use for this :) The STB is 3~ years old now but still going semi strong. Will upgrade in the coming months so this will be the last channel list I will post I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

Hi Folks.

HDMI output from my Ariva 120 Combo Box seems to have dies overnight.
    Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Daarrgh wrote: »
    Hi Folks.

HDMI output from my Ariva 120 Combo Box seems to have dies overnight.
    Any ideas?

Make sure the Ariva is only switched on after the TV is switched on.

Its called HDCP (handshaking) and is a common fault with some TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

I'm not sure I understand what we did differently for the first time in a year, but.........

....THAT WORKED!!!

Brilliant!

Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭victory10

I had for sometime a problem with the Ariva HD Combo receiver.
    There is a popup right in the middle of the screen that says "No channel!" even when there is an FTA channel showing. The popup is permanent and is very annoying as I can't watch any program.
    I use the receiver now only for testing, but it would be nice to have it working again.
    If anyone had a similar problem, please suggest a solution.
    Running the latest firmware S030_2012-07-16 and have tried factory default few times without success.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 conhen

Sorry to drag up an old thread.... I have bought an ariva 4k combo box and there is a lip sync issue. Albeit only a very slight one. I have a hdmi connection into tv and this lead was fine with my old technistar stb. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's firmware is up to date I think.

Probably best to start a new thread (more guys will see your post) as this one is for the now discontinued original ariva combo.

conhen wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread.... I have bought an ariva 4k combo box and there is a lip sync issue. Albeit only a very slight one. I have a hdmi connection into tv and this lead was fine with my old technistar stb. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's firmware is up to date I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭saorviewseeker

Has anyone succeeded in playing .ts files with menu and chapters. If so, can you tell me which combo box does this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement