Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rochep

Hi all,
    I noted the reference to using a scart cable re the sync. problem -
    so I changed the 3 year old HDMI cable I had used on the 120 combo, for a 3 month old Lindy.ie Premium High Speed HDMI cable.
    This cable has produced a significant improvement in the Sync problem , it has'nt gone away, but it is almost acceptable.

www.lindy.ie sell a range HDMI cables in various lenghts/qualities.
    Their 1 metre Premium High Speed cable costs € 11 excluding postage.

I downloaded the new firmware version , unzipped it and copied it to a usb stick, format fat 32.I followed the instructions that downloaded with the firmware, but got a message "Bin do not match" -do you want to continue ? " I selected "no". How do I solve this problem ?

Rochep
    ps No reply from Ferguson or Satsklep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If the firmware file is correct you can go ahead and click yes, this is normal for a firmware upgrade but make 100% sure that the firmware file is correct otherwise you may have to upgrade via Rs.232 to restore the box.

rochep wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I noted the reference to using a scart cable re the sync. problem -
    so I changed the 3 year old HDMI cable I had used on the 120 combo, for a 3 month old Lindy.ie Premium High Speed HDMI cable.
    This cable has produced a significant improvement in the Sync problem , it has'nt gone away, but it is almost acceptable.

www.lindy.ie sell a range HDMI cables in various lenghts/qualities.
    Their 1 metre Premium High Speed cable costs € 11 excluding postage.

I downloaded the new firmware version , unzipped it and copied it to a usb stick, format fat 32.I followed the instructions that downloaded with the firmware, but got a message "Bin do not match" -do you want to continue ? " I selected "no". How do I solve this problem ?

Rochep
    ps No reply from Ferguson or Satsklep

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Hi All,

Well I followed Tony's advice -
    Checked that the upgrade on the USB stick was absolutely correct , and then loaded it.
    I ignored the error message about the Bin, and selected yes to continue.

It worked fine, but I lost my channel list which was in Favourite 1.
    I then did a blind scan.
    Because I am now familiar with the operation of this box, it only took about 30 mins. to restore my channel list.
    I then went to TV3 & Judge Judy.
    A litigant was talking direct to camera, and I could detect no lip sync. poblem.
    So the new firmware plus an upgraded HDMI lead seem to have fixed the problem.

Rochep

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

rochep wrote: »
    Hi All,

Well I followed Tony's advice -
    Checked that the upgrade on the USB stick was absolutely correct , and then loaded it.
    I ignored the error message about the Bin, and selected yes to continue.

It worked fine, but I lost my channel list which was in Favourite 1.
    I then did a blind scan.
    Because I am now familiar with the operation of this box, it only took about 30 mins. to restore my channel list.
    I then went to TV3 & Judge Judy.
    A litigant was talking direct to camera, and I could detect no lip sync. poblem.
    So the new firmware plus an upgraded HDMI lead seem to have fixed the problem.

Rochep

I said in the other Ferguson Ariva thread that the HDMI cable might be a factor in all of this. Not all HDMI cables are the same. I upgraded the firmware on my Philips BluRay player and suddenly I couldn't see it on-screen on my TV (I got some weird 'unsupported' message). When I swapped the cable for a brand new one I could see my player again.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

Has the firmware upgrade for the 12O{to tackle the sync issues} been released as yet?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

SAINTRON wrote: »
    Has the firmware upgrade for the 12O{to tackle the sync issues} been released as yet?

Thanks.

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liamo50

Does anyone have a copy of the Ariva 200 manual for download,

Thanks in advance.

Liam

Where can I find it....a bit on the dumb side regarding firmware/upgrading etc.

Many thanks, R

liamo50 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of the Ariva 200 manual for download,thanks in advance.

Liam

You can download it from the ferguson website www.ferguson.pl

Hi All,

Last nighth I watched a lot of face to camera programmes - Frontline, Vincent Brown,BBC News, UTV News, and some panel games.
    I could detect no lip sync, problems
    So for me the problem is solved.

Rochep

• Advertisement

Thanks Tony,

Just tried the link but unable to locate it on their site.
    Again thanks,

Liam

liamo50 wrote: »
    Thanks Tony,

Just tried the link but unable to locate it on their site.
    Again thanks,

Liam
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/Ariva-200-Combo/manual_EN.pdf/

Can someone post a link to the 12O firmware upgrade? Also how do i go about 'upgrading' it? Went through previous posts to no avail.
    Many thanks in advance.

Found and upgraded via USB. Sync problem is still there on terrestrial/sat, but not as severe on terrestrial. avi codec still not supported :(

SAINTRON wrote: »
    Found and upgraded via USB. Sync problem is still there on terrestrial/sat, but not as severe on terrestrial. avi codec still not supported :(
    Try a new high quality HDMI cable - it worked for me
    Rochep

Thanks Tony got what I needed this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mick_ser

Does anyone have a Ariva HD200 channel list with up to date firmware? Would help me out a lot thanks!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ger5

I am new to the satellite world.
    I have the Ferguson Ariva 200 HD Combo. I have updated my firmware to the very latest edition. I have rescanned my channels and placed them in order.
    I bought an external powered USB hard drive and loaded some video files in avi format but all I get is sound and no video. Any idea what I m doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

According to the offical site it supports
    HD video playback: MPEG-2 (TS/PS), MPEG-4 (including H264, AVCHD) and others, MKV support
    If the AVIs are encoded with something like DivX then I don't think they will play, I tried a range of files encoded using most of the popular encoding tools and found the Ariva could play very few, your best bet is to convert to Mp4 H264 or convert to Markosi (MKV), or buy a sperate media player. There is a conversion tool called xMedia re-encode (or something like) that which might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

For the Arriva 200 HD

How do you separate the firmware (abs) from the channel list?

I have an abs file which contains the channels that I want.

How do I get this channel list into the new firmware abs file?

If I use the editor and load the old abs I can save the user database as a .udf file .. however if I load the new abs file into the editor there is no way to import the udf file ?

If the only way you can do it is load the new firmware and then start again with the channels and then manipulate manually with the editor its funking stupid!

help!

• Advertisement

You can use the same procedure as the the guys use for the 120, have a search on Darth Mauls posts in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056284276

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

I just did an upgrade from network and now the box just boots to a display that says "AZH" ?

Left it for 20 minutes and no change .. restarted and just boots to AZH again???

The newtwork upgrades do not seem to be 100% reliable. I'm afraid you will have to use the rs.232 procedure using the ferguson upgrader.

zod wrote: »
    I just did an upgrade from network and now the box just boots to a display that says "AZH" ?

Left it for 20 minutes and no change .. restarted and just boots to AZH again???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JimRoyal

Hello,

Has anyone got an up to date channel list for the Ariva 200 that they could post here, as every time I try to scan my Ariva 200 seems to lock. Dublin based, so I presume I need 3Rock for the DTT.

Thanks in advance,
    JimRoyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 danIrl

Anyone experienced problems with recordings using this machine, whereby all recordings are deleted on a power off/on cycle?

Tony wrote: »
    You can use the same procedure as the the guys use for the 120, have a search on Darth Mauls posts in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056284276

Hello,
    I followed Darth Mauls instructions and created a nice new *.abs file which includes the latest firmware from the Ferguson site and Tony's 3Rock Channel list. However, when I bring this file to my Ariva 200, it seems to only want *.usb files. My Ariva 200 doesn't have a "Tools" option in the "Menu". Is there a way to convert this "*.abs" file to "*.usb" or should I be doing something different?

Thanks,
    JimRoyal.

Jim if memory serves the 3rock channel list I created is for the ariva 120, you cannot mix and match between the two models.

JimRoyal wrote: »
    Hello,
    I followed Darth Mauls instructions and created a nice new *.abs file

Tony wrote: »
    Jim if memory serves the 3rock channel list I created is for the ariva 120, you cannot mix and match between the two models.

Tony, thanks for that. Apologies, but I was working off the wrong manual. The Ariva actually belongs to someone else and due to a mix up in communication (on my part) I thought it was the Ariva 200, but it is the Ariva HD Combo. The HD Combo only uses *.usb files, so things are starting to make sense now!

No problem Jim , I think you can still use editor as it supports .usb file

JimRoyal wrote: »
    Tony, thanks for that. Apologies, but I was working off the wrong manual. The Ariva actually belongs to someone else and due to a mix up in communication (on my part) I thought it was the Ariva 200, but it is the Ariva HD Combo. The HD Combo only uses *.usb files, so things are starting to make sense now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryO

danIrl I have the same problem pvr list is empty when the external usb hd drive is powered off through power cut or otherwise although recordings are still on the usb drive they will not show up.
    The only way I can find to restore the recordings and pvr list is to connect the drive to your pc and copy all the contents to a folder, can take a while, then reformat the usb drive (fat 32) using swissknife or similar and copy the folder contents back to usb drive.

This may be the scenic route and there has to be an easier way.
    Would appreciate if any of you guys know fix for this
    Thanks

Advertisement