Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gold Making tips here + a few of my guides

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

TheDoc wrote: »
    Bought out Enchant Bracer- Mighty Intellect for 10k

Crafted two, both sold for 6k each.

Also getting some crafts for 500g with users mats.

Will make the profit back fast enough

Bought 3 of these so far, got one off an uninformed player for 150g, one dropped for me and one was underpriced for 2k off AH. Got very lucky here :D Put it back up for 10k and it's gone.

Also wouldn't worry about selling the actual enchant yet, Cata is still early days, a lot of people don't have their final bracer yet.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Going to take a look into tailoring aswell soon enough. My warlock is my tailor and being levelled after my Paladin
    Bags seem like a huge profit, one bag in particular has a 200g craft cost and a 900g profit :D

No secrets here ! Which bag? :p Herb?

I've had a serious amount of Embersilk, got the Northend scavaging ability so everytime I do an instance I come out with 60, everytime I do tol barad I come out with more if I do both sets of 6x quests.

I found I made more money by crafting Emberfire pants and Emberfire Cowl ( u buy the patterns in Twilight ) .. They got 2 stacks of 20 to make and 4x Vol fire/air .. so cost to make was about 200g selling for 600 - 700g.

That was the only real profit I made from tailoring so far, the epics have very little markup, again the Maelstrom market is the general reason behind this. Embersilk bags cost more than the cowl/pants to make and only sell for 300g on my server, sometimes 350 depending on stocks. Ghostly spellthread you can make small gold off, but so far the biggest profit is definitely the cowl/pants, 400g plus everytime, just dont flood market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Doesn't make you much but allows you to control the market a bit more, using multiple accounts, (2 ore more) put up the same item at different prices, making your one look a lot more of a bargin (Depending on the item, change the price from a few gold, to a few hundred gold)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mysterious Cards price went up on the two days I was away from wow, now at 20g a pop, from yesterday at like 8pm till now as I look at my AH app, I've moved about 300 cards.

Also using my inferno ink overflow to make some darkmoon cards and sell them individually, netting me about 1k a card.

Inferno inks themselves are down to 40g a piece so ive being buying stacks of ten for 400g and then making cards to sell at profit ;)

Back into the elemtuinium ore shuffle which is back making big money again for me.

Bout 2-3k profit a day :)

Paladin is moving towards 85 and need to look at what professions I want to use on him, i dont see myself missing out on anything big since i have most of my proffs maxed and earning big bucks.

Enchant chest- mighty stats is making me a fortune aswell. Materials cost is about 50g and sales are about 150g a piece

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

http://www.warcraftecon.net/?p=3640

just something i found a good read

• Advertisement

Omphin wrote: »
    http://www.warcraftecon.net/?p=3640

just something i found a good read

Funny enough they do what I'm doing ( albeit im doing what they do ) so I'm think I'm on the right track.

I think I just need to bulk up and get stuck in more quantities.

I usually oeprate of 20 stacks to suffle a day, I think I'll increase that

I've also tippy toed in the glyph market but I think I'll look into profitable glyphs and get cracking.

Any glyph that sells over 20g is a 10g profit for me, so I might aswell get stuck in and look at the various amounts.

Going to get back into the shuffle proeprly, but **** me it takes tiem

hey, just levelled up herbalism and alchemy, nearly at 525. Was told it was a big money maker a few days ago and now Im reading that you make more money just picking and selling herbs? Any tips on how to turn a buck ?

Darkmoon Fair hit town

I've got two Hurricanes and a Volcano, interested to see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hope it's correct to ask this here.
    I got a random drop off a spider in Tol Barad:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=67141/corefire-legplates

I don't need them and none are on the AH, so I'm wondering what price I should sell them for?
    I know it's all relative with the realm pop/item demands etc. but does anyone have a rough estimate?

I'm on Dunemaul btw!

16k id put them on at, see if they go ..if they dont move after a week drop it down. rare enuf drop.

• Advertisement

They go for between 20-25k on my server which is High pop

I'd start at 20k and drop down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Thanks for the advice, I've started it on the AH at 40k for the craic, not expecting nearly that much.
    Deposit was only(!) 25g so I'll just keep lowering the price in small amount and see how it goes!

Ah actually yeah, Im on outland, everything is cheaper. Very competitive.

Pretty much broke now

Bought loads of boes for paladin and powerleveld him alchemy from scratch along with a few treats for my mains.

I dont seem to ever be able to rake in big money, I think I'm doing the right things, I just need to step up my volume of trade

Im making my biggest money from just buying epics and valor boots and selling them. Bought 30k worth of maelstrom crystals for 1k each the last day, sold a few but AH price dropped down to 1,200gold - Ill wait for it to go up again and trickle them bk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

How can i update OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Should be edit post beside quote etc. Maybe can't do it after a certain period?

Well now it's gone belly up, new patch makes Maelstroms available from a vendor for points, justice or valor I cant remember. So maels gone down to as little as 800g each. Valor boots now being sold for 4k so that's done too, I think I'll do some leather working and skinning as I notice from dinging my rogue 85 that there is never a FULL set of 339 pvp gear on AH and all the pieces on our server are selling for 600g each due to rarity.

Made some nice gold buying epics cheap and selling them on booty bay AH to alliance, and bought some scaleslicers on alliance and sold them horde, nice profit after 15% tax :)

Jewelcrafting has caved for me big time, absolutely **** all profits coming in compared to a month before.

Inscription has now taken over as the money maker but not from my mysterious fortune cards anymore. Those have all but deterioated in price.

Now its all about glyphs and darkmoon cards. I'm selling the cards singular making about 2-3k a day ontop of the 2k a day from glyph sales.

Outside of that though, I'm not doing alot in terms of gold making. But I'm up at around 25k on my mage , my druid is back to about 5k so need to get him rockin and rolling again making some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I've found a pretty sweet niche on my Server. It's small profits but it's in horrendously large quantities. Just made 700G when I logged on 5 mins ago.

Basically, I have a shopping list and on that list is all the Green (Cata) uncut gems. If anything is below 7G50 on the AH I instantly buy it. I then cut the gems, sell them to Vendor (for 9G) and make profit.

I'm making enormous amounts of gold on this at the moment because people keep putting them up at that price thinking it's a good price. It's a pretty good way to start making money at lower gold levels too as it's a guaranteed profit. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Doesn't work on mine. Jaspers are 20g uncut.

JC has really tanked for me. No money coming in. Seems like everyone is a JC on my server. I need to level up an alt with something profitable.

So .. it could be back to gathering professions and farming for gold ? That would suck, have to break out the skinner and miner again, start farming wool from sfk,ewww ..no ways :p

-Vega- wrote: »
    So .. it could be back to gathering professions and farming for gold ? That would suck, have to break out the skinner and miner again, start farming wool from sfk,ewww ..no ways :p

Nah. Change tactics. Buy low as possible and do savage undercuts to Market leader. I forced him to buy my gems to keep his price high since he has so much stock.

Nah. Change tactics. Buy low as possible and do savage undercuts to Market leader. I forced him to buy my gems to keep his price high since he has so much stock.

Agreed.

Farming and gathering proffs are for suckers

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Been saving from buying any gear on AH since December, the prices were pure Bs. Finnaly stuff is is being sold at what its work i.e BOE epics.

Of course its not good if your trying to sell stuff, the only thing ive noticed that sells like made is the Embersilk bags.

Yeah, I'm a tailor but any cloth I get, instead of selling it or turning into bags for 50g profit, I use it to make emberfire cowl or emberfire pants which sell for 450-600g depending on how many on AH. That takes 2.5 stacks of embersilk (100g) and 4 volatile fire and 4 water, so a nice 250g plus profit on each.

For dreamcloth I was just doing the Enchanted spellthreads but honestly making more money just selling the above so I've been saving the silk for that instead. Not really making much money on enchanting, dropped all the power torrent type enchants and bracer enchants to 200g fee and I keep throwing up loads of Hurricane enchant but that profit is only 50 gold or so. Hopefully now that Maelstroms become more accessible, people will buy the higher end enchants more and I'll try retain my 200g fee, that won't last long either tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

damit i shouldent have droped herbalism..

I droped it just before you could track multiple things

Magaa wrote: »
    damit i shouldent have droped herbalism..

I droped it just before you could track multiple things

Herb is full of bots though.

Stupid Tauren Druid bots!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Herb is full of bots though.

Stupid Tauren Druid bots!

Levelled one when was playin to get my herbs for flasks :D Was annoyin tryin to get it done on rogue when ur about to land and someone swooped in...... when in rome:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Havnt posted here in a while.

I stockpiled gems for the new patch that launched while back and made a total of 70k profit from 48 hours of sales.

I had roughly over 160 red gems stockpiled and it was well worth it.

I've got back into inscription properly and while its not as massive as wotlk, the actual income is probably as steady if not a little less.

I'm pulling in about 10k a week from Inscription which isnt bad for the new mins it takes to get it all done.

Also tip for new patch, Truegold. Looking at all the new patterns they all require alot of truegold and they are items raiders will craft.

I've stockpiled about 60 bars including buying some out at low prices. Some guy through bars up for 100g each for 12 bars so picked them up.

I imagnie these bars will hike in price to roughly about 1k but thats optimistic, at about 600g I'm in to make a bomb.

Along with the new Glyphs that are being changed that I've already stockpiled, patchday should be nice ;)

Advertisement