Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gold Making tips here + a few of my guides

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Unfortunately i didnt get much chance to look into Quick Auctions last night, but what i was unable to do at least at fiirst glance was to show just cheapest and highest of a specific item. It just listed multiple of the items at different prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Prity sure quick auctions is dead now after the patch. Been replaced with Auction Profit Master , but u gotta make a macro for postin/cancellin since patch broke mass post/cancel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yeah QA isnt getting updated, but APM is mostly the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I suck so much at making gold, i think i'll just buy a friend of mine the expansion and get him to pay for everything in game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

TechnoPool wrote: »
    the time it takes to farm 10k honor, you can make more from doing daily's than the price you could get for an epic gem.

However its a more entertaining way to make cash that a lot of the others like dailys, although its a bit easier to get the gems now with the new honor system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Lets keep this going specialy in the next few days, share your new gold making ways! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Gather ore and herbs once the expansion hits, sell it across 3 or 4 alts for high prices on par with or higher than others. Then on your main sell it lower than everyone else.
    What I'll be doing anyway, never fails :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Laisurg wrote: »
    However its a more entertainingway slower way to make cash that a lot of the others like dailys, although its a bit easier to get the gems now with the new honor system.
    fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Gather ore and herbs once the expansion hits, sell it across 3 or 4 alts for high prices on par with or higher than others. Then on your main sell it lower than everyone else.
    What I'll be doing anyway, never fails :D

seems this failed !! quite a lot with the sheer amount of veins and herbs these days;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm making a pretty bomb these days of JC.

I was one of the first to get it high so I'm now in a position where Im getting more and more patterns ( remember epic gems arnt out yet) but my gems are selling roughly 350-400g a pop.

I'll be upkeeping a blog on my new guild website with this **** in it.

I know i promised before but I wasnt arsed, but seeing the traffic that was generated I'm going to maintain a nice one on the new site and throw up some gold making ****.

I made 40k in the weeks ebfore cata from ah play, and spent it all, already I'm up to about 20k or so.

AH play is going to be a big part of my expansion, its so much fun

• Advertisement

TechnoPool wrote: »
    seems this failed !! quite a lot with the sheer amount of veins and herbs these days;)

It has it's moments :)
    Between 6pm and around 9pm seem to be the best times (primetime I guess) as no matter who undercuts, your ores/herbs will still sell regardless.

I've only really started putting in any effort tonight, maxed mining and herbing on the Druid earlier, I've nothing left unsold and I've just logged off. There's roughly around 8k gold incoming to my druid from auctions, after only a couple hours farming herbs/ores and questing in-between to finish all quests in the underwater place anyway.

Still managing to sell stacks of Elementium Bar's for 700g, which is not bad really, considering the amount of bars and ores everyone else is putting up.

Volatile Life's only going for around 15g each now but I'd so many from farming it was ridiculous so even the low price is grand. I threw 73 of them up earlier for 14g99s each and they were all sold within the hour.

Once prices for raw mats start dropping badly, I'll just divert the mats to the guild bank and start levelling up professions on other alts, see what sells best on them then. JC will always make a profit and Alchemy flasks too once more people have hit 85 and are raiding with their guilds (I'd hope anyway).
    I'm just enjoying farming on the druid while I'm questing so it's grand to come back to Org every now and again to empty bags onto the auction house and turn a huge profit, while it lasts anyway.
    So glad they made that change to allow you track herbs and ore at the same time :)

Finding it tough to make much money from herbing at the moment. Did well for a day or two, but there's just so much on the AH at the moment, that you need to sell at a lmuch lower value. Truegold still sells very well, but getting the volatile fire/earth/air's needed can be expensive, or can take 3 days to transmute them.

Maxed alchemy, and found out transmutes are on no cooldown for the blue gems.

So as yuou can imagine, I'm making a small fortune, iwth only posting 3 gems at a time, I cant keep up with demand.

This is the most volatile time with playing the AH because prices will fluctuate so quickly, we wont see a stable market for a good few weeks if not months.

But I'm happy in knowing I've got plenty of patterns in the mix ;)

Kiith wrote: »
    Finding it tough to make much money from herbing at the moment. Did well for a day or two, but there's just so much on the AH at the moment, that you need to sell at a lmuch lower value. Truegold still sells very well, but getting the volatile fire/earth/air's needed can be expensive, or can take 3 days to transmute them.

Its the mistake pretty much everyone makes.

Gathering proffs can yield the most return early on, but its the most competitive market.

I went down the route of powering jewelcrafting up so I could start dailies asap and get my patterns going.

Gathering proffs have so much competition its unreal, so your competition is going to be severe.

Take Jc for example, I'm literally the only person on server with certain mats.

I took Alchemy/Herb instead of JC/Mining (or another gathering proffesion) for the sweet dragon mount, and now you don't even need alchemy to use it :(

My idea is that I'll make huge profits now with herbs/ore by farming on my Druid who is 85. By the time the price of mats drop down drastically, I'll at that stage level up professions on my other alts either by farming the mats on my Druid for them or just buying mats for cheap from everyone else from the gold I've made in the early stages :D
    I'm up to over 30k gold made now and I've bought the 310% flying speed on the Druid for a little extra help when farming.

One tip I'll give for Ore farmers, there is a place in Twilight Highlands called "Elementium Depths" - it's a long long cave system and it is absolutely packed with Elementium and Pyrium nodes. Handy if you're a Rogue/Druid as you can stealth past the mobs to get to the nodes without hassle.
    Picked up 62 Pyrite ore in that cave late last night doing just an hour of farming, along with tons of Elementium and a few gems/volatiles.

Kiith, you got a link handy about the Alchemy mount not needing Alchemy to use any more ? Would like that mount myself on a few alts.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Kiith, you got a link handy about the Alchemy mount not needing Alchemy to use any more ? Would like that mount myself on a few alts.

It's in the latest patch notes, took this from MMO Champion.
    Professions

* The Alchemy mount Vial of the Sands is no longer Bind-on-Pickup.

You still need Alchemy to find the pattern from Archeology, and to make it, but you can sell it on now.

Nice :) thanks for that.
    Was thinking of levelling up my DK next to 85, who is a Herbalist/Alch so that's pretty cool. I've heard though that the mats from vendor needed are pretty expensive :/

Apparently it's 24k just for the vendor mats, and then you need 12 truegold bars which are 1k+ on my server at the moment. Pretty much rules me out of getting it. Still gonna try and collect the pattern, as i'm quite enjoying Archeology.

Kiith wrote: »
    Apparently it's 24k just for the vendor mats, and then you need 12 truegold bars which are 1k+ on my server at the moment. Pretty much rules me out of getting it. Still gonna try and collect the pattern, as i'm quite enjoying Archeology.

Truegold are crashing in price.

A guy on our server pumped 100k into the market thinking he could take a stranglehold on it, some guy undercut him, the nthe rest followed.

He is sitting with 100k mats and stands to loose nearly 60k : /

Some people just dont know how money works haha

Alchemy is stupidly piss easy and cheap to level when I look back on it, didnt cost me more then 5-6k I'd say,

Transmute gold, is that on a 24hr cooldown, or like gems is it unlimited? Either way, there is enough alchemist out there now to make it a rather mute market.

If its unlimited transmutes, holy shizite

• Advertisement

No there's a cool down on the truegold transmute, not sure if it's 24 hours though or even longer.

People have been selling the transmute itself for 500+g on Draenor at the start, not sure what it sells for now but nice enough gold just to click a button.

I'll defo sell my daily transmutes so ;)

I think i'm just going to level up to 85 (currently 84) with professions. Already gotten 40% of the way through Herb and Archeology, and once i level i'll finish all the available quests in Uldum and Twilight Highlands. Should get a **** ton of gold from that, if Wrath was anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Got to love the early expansion... have roughly made 50k so far in BS and JC.

BS - creating a low 81 weapon selling it on AH for 4k gold

JC - since little people have JC recipes i usually opt for the unique ones(not str/agil/int since everyone goes for them, was only person on the server for last 5 days with +hit gems. selling them 400 a pop, don't even go farming for the blue gems just buy off AH for 100g cut make 300g profit

i'm cutting 40 int gems, only making 20g profit but it's skilling me up too

gonna get the int meta gem next

DRakE wrote: »
    i'm cutting 40 int gems, only making 20g profit but it's skilling me up too

gonna get the int meta gem next

I have a 5k buffer that I use to buy mats, then I can judge a week how I'm doing by the amount over 5k I am on my bank character.

I'm typically closing the day off with about 7k on my bank, thats 2k, profit a day, rouhgly about 10k a week or so at the moment.

Setting up a Gbank again with a partner so we can deposit the overflow of gold and build up a warchest for mounts, epics and stuff.

At the moment I'm controlling the gem market well. I'm the main point for reckless ember topaz, I tend to just buy out all the uncuts ( they are at silly low prices) and usually I buy out competitors that try undercut me and crash the market, relisting at my prices.

I'm mainly operating
    Meta gems
    Reckless Ember
    Brilliant Inferno

I'm moving into a wider market now shortly, but at the moment, with experience from wotlk, I've been able to muscle out competitors and put a strangehold on my markets.

I hope that in the coming weeks I might even bump up my mats chest to maybe 10k to spend on mats, at that point I really hope to make a monopoly on certain gems.

But the 5k limit is appealing ,easily manageable and a week it takes up maybe an hour of AH time to make my money, which leaves alot of time for alts and raiding and rep grinding etc ;)

i'm on outland too so dont go undercutting me ya bollix :D

i'm on brilliant inferno rubies and fractured amberjewels at the moment, bought about 15 amberjewels at 30-40g each and relisted them cut for 95g.

they all sold out yesterday so hopefully i'll be arriving home tonight to a big pile of money

DRakE wrote: »
    i'm on outland too so dont go undercutting me ya bollix :D

i'm on brilliant inferno rubies and fractured amberjewels at the moment, bought about 15 amberjewels at 30-40g each and relisted them cut for 95g.

they all sold out yesterday so hopefully i'll be arriving home tonight to a big pile of money

It is well worth putting some investagation into jewelcrafting.

The general jist is people get JC, and make the " average gems" these are the ones that everybody makes and everybody buys, but the profit cut is pretty small unless your in the position like me, with alot of financial backing ,that you can muscle the market for yourself.

A big tip I'd give to JC'ers out there is to keep i ntouch with ALL classes, its a quick research process. Check classes to see what gems go with what spec. Then check out some realm information and you will quickly see whats what

Off the cuff its very basic

Casters need intellect
    Healers need spirit
    Tanks need stamina
    Melee need agility

But when you break it down further you find
    Casters need intellect and love haste
    Healers need spirit but love haste
    Tanks need stamina but love to add to their tanking stat
    Melee love agility and dont mind haste either

And whe nyou break it down further there is more.

Remember each class have a base stat, but they also have other sockets they want to fill.

I myself have a plan for patterns I'm getting, gems I need a which will perform well and which will be just consistent profit.

JC'oing isnt just buying a gem, cutting and selling. Yeah you might make a sale, but if you want to really make cash from JC you need to learn how it really works.

It is without doubt the biggest profit making profession, but it is used so poorly en mass that for anyone that puts some time and effort into it, its easy thousands of gold a day.

And remember we havnt even gotten epic gems yet, and we havnt even had raiding en mass yet, the big money is still to come

Luckily I've been hording tokens, so I'll be able to get JC patterns for epics the day they come out, regardless how long down the pipeline it is

2 x Quick tips for people that I've been making a fair whack of gold from...

Engineer toolboxes (bags) - with engineers making them to skill up, they're going for next to nothing on the AH. Buy them, then head to the engineer trader in Twilight highlands - trade them in for cogwheel gems and put the cogwheels back on the AH :D

I've been buying engineer bags for no more than 30g, loads at a time, then trading them in for cogwheel gems from that vendor and putting the gems up on the AH for 250g a pop - every one of them has sold.

Also, Enchanting Vellum - not sure what it sells for on your servers' AH but in case you weren't aware, you can now buy unlimited quantities of the vellum from the NPC in Dalaran that sells the ghost skull pet (down the sewers).
    You can buy them for 10s a pop from the vendor and I've been selling them for 10g each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

at the moment im making HUGE money with herbalism on my realm... medium skill level herbs like sungrass!!

Advertisement