Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gold Making tips here + a few of my guides

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Some great tips post here

Some random ones ive found;
    • Herbs, mining and incription can make you very rich (unsure about Jemcrafting dont have a toon high enough skill yet to make sellable gems)
    • Enchanting Scrolls with WOTLK endgame enchants can sell for 400g+
    • Sell, Sell now is the time to sell stuff as prices will drop over the coming months.
    • Incription Books can sell for 300g plus ive only found one so far though while leveling
    • Disenchanting Cata greens can also sell very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

2 words..

Elementium Shuffle.

6 words
    JC + Transmute Alch = Thousands per day,

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

1 word....

Elaborate?

I assume you mean changing the green gems to blue and crafting them?

1. Buy out as much Elementium Ore you can get your hands on..
    2. Prospect.
    3. Cut the blues (Infernos are selling like hot cakes)
    4. Transmute 18 greens to (Shadowspiritx2) + procs from Transmute spec can give you 4 but generally 3
    Selling these uncut for 550, or cut 600-700.

Very rough averages - don;t shhot me :)
    Stack of Elementium gives on average 6 greens + 1.5 blues

Cost
    3 stacks of elementium = 460g

Profit
    3 Shadowspirit Cut = 1750g
    4 blues cut = 410g
    =====
    2160g
    less costs 460g

Profit of roughly 1500g

Plus I generally get more than enough Hessonite and Nightstone which
    sell for 60-70g coz the world is trying to get on this boat and all the
    guides get you to level from 465 up with these gems. The are also needed for the dailies so.

Do this until your mouse button explodes....

Bonus gold maker......

Forget the Truegold transmute, unless you have the mats yourself.
    If you have sooo many Lifes they are coming out your ears, save
    your transmute, go to Uldum and make Airs.. you can proc an extra
    10-12 airs from 15 lifes. So, for no cost if you are herbing you can
    get about 25 airs(sometimes) that will sell for 1000g at least.

Did these steps for the last 3 days and have made nearly 40k - for no
    work... This should be stay profitable until the shadowspirit cuts drop
    but the price of ores will drop as the farmers start driving down the ore
    cost.

YMMV

Edit... Of course, I should have said, I have 3 85's now..
    Druid Herb/Alch
    Pally Miner/JC
    Warrior Mining/Ench. (have not levleled ench yet so the synergy
    between this and JC has not been explored yet.)
    Working on my lock tailoring but he has just been dusted off to
    take through to 85 but have been sending him all my cloths
    so he should be ready to level pretty quickly.

I dont think the shadowspirits are that high priced on my realm, but im sure as hell gonna give these tips a blast later. I havent really being herbing with my Herb/Alc alt, but guess i better get the Alc up to 525 this evening to do this. I think im at about 515, and i believe the rest of the skillups are from transmutes anyways.

Thanks for the pointers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

noworries wrote: »
    lots of good JC stuff

Doing the same on my server although the profit margin is alot less, but I've been doing the " Elementium shuffle" from the start and have gone from 2k when I started to 20k pure profit from this procedure alone.

Profits and prices are fluctuating loads.

Elementium ore is about 90g a stack but the gems dont sell for as much as your figures but the profit margin is roughly a little less then your figures on my server

But its defo the way to make nice money with JC, that aand monocles :D

3k a sale, selling about 3-4 a week

Its pretty aweosme ;)

You are kidding me on the monocles.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Shadowspirits on Doomhammer, you'd be lucky to get 250 for them now with so many undercutting.
    Truegold's still sell for between 900 and 1k gold but selling the cooldown is almost worthless now.

Heartblossom's for some reason, I don't exactly know why, are selling for between 300 and 500g per stack of 20, depending on how much is on the AH when you throw yours up.

All depends on your server I guess.

Zenedar:

Uncut Shadowspirit - 175G
    Ore ~ 90G
    The blues are going for roughly 3 times the green gem prices, and that doesnt include the herbs used either.
    However all the green gems uncut are selling out in an hour at roughly 30 each

I spent 1k on ore last night, threw up all the green gems, and made about 5k. Most cut blues can take a while to sell, but for some reason the greens are going almost as soon as i post them.

And thanks for the air tip :)

Shougeki wrote: »
    You are kidding me on the monocles.......

Nope, although the selling of them has slowed down alot.

Alot of people like having pimped out bank alts ;)

Gold sellers love them too tbh

• Advertisement

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Shadowspirits on Doomhammer, you'd be lucky to get 250 for them now with so many undercutting.
    Truegold's still sell for between 900 and 1k gold but selling the cooldown is almost worthless now.

Heartblossom's for some reason, I don't exactly know why, are selling for between 300 and 500g per stack of 20, depending on how much is on the AH when you throw yours up.

All depends on your server I guess.

It is amazing the difference a few days make in the gold making bonanza
    of Cataclysm.

Uncut Shadowspirits crashed to the point that I was relying on the
    procs from transmute spec to make my profit - so I started to sell the
    greens uncut - average profit per stack stands at about 250g instead
    of the previous 500g. I am hoping that it was mostly the weekenders
    levelling professions and just flooding the markets. Time will tell.

Air is very fast mover but at around 30g per, instead of the previous 45g

Mythical Mana pots are my new best seller as people seem to have forgotten about these as they are 'grey' to make. 35g per. As I am herbing they are basically free to make, even buying the mats would
    yield a 7g profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

One thing i've noticed, depending on your server costs, is shuffling Obsidium Ore and volatile earth into redsteel belts and disenchanting them can turn around a nice profit.

When Cata first came out I found on Khadgar Hypnotic dust was the big costing enchanting mat, and I leveled quickly, and made a profit buying up greater celestials and selling them back later when they adjusted.

Redsteel belts disenchant information is wrong. They DE for 3-5 Hypnotic Dust OR 1-3 GREATER celestial essences. So if you're looking at belt costs averaging less than the greaters, it's a nice shuffle. 140 belts generated 70 greaters for me, and 380 hypnotic. Only a slight profit given current numbers, but it might work better on your server.

Outside of that I bought up some 525 JC recipes for rings/necks, and with nobody else selling them on the AH started out a rediculously high price. A few days later with other people starting to craft them and trying to undercut, they sell to people with more money than sense for a nice profit. (That one was purely luck though - price could have dropped faster than it did, but still made more than twice back).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Burgerman1

I find the easiest way to make money is just farming savage leather. about an hours worth of farming on my chicken druid alt (my main has no gathering professions, and the two crafting ones he has are making very, very low profits on the server atm) i usually have about 2k golds worth of leather and if im lucky a pristine hide or two to throw up on AH. made about 45k so far since the start of cata, lvled my mains profs from 450-525 and 1-525 on the gold made and still have a fair amount left considering i was at 300g when the expansion came out

On the savage leather - I've made a fair bit of gold buying 10 savage leather and exchanging for 1 pristine hide, from the NPC in TH. Would be surprised how many people don't even know you can do that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nehaxak wrote: »
    On the savage leather - I've made a fair bit of gold buying 10 savage leather and exchanging for 1 pristine hide, from the NPC in TH. Would be surprised how many people don't even know you can do that.

I hadn't thought of that. Savage Leather has dropped quite a bit on my server, but Pristine Hide's still sell quite well. Will try this later.

It's heavy savage leather just to be precise, meant to say that.

Boh!

Have updated my spreadsheets for my server

They cover at the moment

Truegold
    Flasks
    JC 346 items

I also got my hands on a savage spreadsheet for ore prospecting

These things are dead handy.

You just pop in the current price of stuff and it does the math telling you if it will make profit or not, and how much profit.

Will throw them up on me blog sometime this week, but I'd advise making one yourself for your proffesion and your trading materials, they are so handy.

For example truegold was also a little limp lately on Outland, but I ran the spreadsheet every day to see.

Yesterday there was a change in material cost that allowed a 500g profit for each truegold sold so I got to make two ( have two alchemists) and got a proc of 2 extra on my druid.

The flask one is probably the most interesting.

On outland, no one is making profits from flasks which is odd, going by material costs.

I dont beleive "farming" is free, it costs time you could be using to play the AH and thats money lost.

By solely operating on the AH flasks dont make profit, and the competition from alliance and horde to farm azsh veil is too competitive to get any steady amount of stacks.

I have found however that getting a proc on a flask is a winner and turns you some profit.

Current numbers show me making a loss of 50 gold on each flask of draconic mind.

I make five flasks a punt which is a net loss of 250, with a proc it turns into 20g profit, nothing major, but you can get lucky with procs, and the odd time on herb prices.

I've started sourcing my herbs from the horde side on my server where Azsh veil is half price pretty much, a friend goes and grabs them and then I go buy them on the shared AH.

So my new calculations, I make much mroe profit ;)

Anyone found any mad niches ? I find my green gems get absolutely gobbled up big time, there is something going on with green gems that I do literally not know about.

I would definately be interested in seeing these. TBH i never even thought about using spreadsheets.

Guess im pretty much a dumbass.

Im finding that Meta cuts (well ive only got the one, Destructive) is selling out at ~ 350
    Mana potions sell out almost as soon as I post them.
    Volatile Air is a quick mover also.

I know all these have been mentioned before, but as the AH seems to have evened off a bit (well at least on my server), these still seem to be solid money makers. The green gems seem to fluctate between selling out in minutes to not selling at all, so much so, that i no longer trust them.

I guess im going to have to go and make some spreadsheets then.

ps As a matter of interest, I have never seen the Meta Transmute proc for less than 2, but i have only done 10 or so (there was no point in me transmuting as the greens were going for more than the cut metas).
    Is this just luck?

Not luck I am afraid - it is meant to proc for 2... it's when you get 3 that
    the you get the warm glow of profit......

as for a spreadsheet - have a look at this wonderful site and feast your eyes on this pixelated profit maker

http://consortium.stormspire.net/content.php?183-The-Shuffling-Spreadsheet-That-Killed-Them-All

but Shhh! don't tell anybody else :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im still making plenty of gold from flasks on my server, 30 mins farming will easily get enough herbs for 5 flasks mimimum, take into account i regularly procc more flasks i can easily make 800-1000 gold for that 30 mins farming.
    Add in truegold which if i simply bought matts on ah id make a profit of 500g per truegold, literally takes minutes once im on CD.
    More often than not ill have plenty of volatiles and may only ever but the pyrium bars wich cost about 15 g each, thats a cost of 45g and i am guaranteed a minimum of 750g per truegold.

The single best money making tip ive ever seen in the game is happening right now, a friend is maxed in alchemy and enchanting, hes making the epic alchemy trinket and diisenchanting then selling the maelstorm crystal for about 3k a piece.
    After buying mats on ah at their highest possible price he will still make 2.6 k gold per crystal,hes sitting on an absolute gold mine.
    I sometiimes chuck him the herbs and volatiles from my farming and get a nice cut from the maelstorm sale :)

Anyone with alchemy and enchanting get going and make a lot of gold before blizz change this, maybe they wont but to me it seems far too easy and maybe an oversight by blizz?

Afraid the Alchemy trinket can't be disenthanted anymore :(
    Professions

* Lifebound Alchemist Stones can no longer be disenchanted.

Kiith wrote: »
    Afraid the Alchemy trinket can't be disenthanted anymore :(

when did they change it? Upset i missed this one....

Edit: Darn just found out this was a recent daily HotFix.... Damn you :P

Been havin a little look while drunk

Getting 20 Leather scraps @ 13G
    which works each leather out at 3.5
    So a Heavy at 16.25
    Or 10 @ 165
    Pristine hide is selling at 340 atm
    So turning over just 100% profit

And the hides are selling realllllllllly quick.

Well spent 12k on the chopper mount, cause I always wanted one.

Got the 12k back in roughly 3 days of heavy JC work.

As my volume increases, so does my profit, obvious stuff aye? :P

I just prefer moving in more manageable quantities so it keeps my AH play at max 30 mins a day.

Flasks really arnt making any profit and its too competitive, I dont do farming because besides what people think its not "free" and does have a value for your profit, and its not looking worth it at the moment.

Truegold prices went up a little with material cost dropping so I've been making steady profit on 2 of those a day. ( two alchemists)

JC still making big money, after every listing session on the AH, I make about 1.5k back after a few hours which is a nice return.

Going to look into inscription probably this week with enchanting. Levelling my mage, hopefully the money gained from simply questing to 85 will cover enchanting and I'll get a few G sent to the mage to do inscription ( believe it or not, I dropped inscription 450 for mining, what a wally)

Inscription was the biggest profit earner in wrath and although the whole process of glyphing has changed, the price of glyphs has gone up, and it is a very easy profession to automate.

So want to get into it the start of this expansion , fill my bank character full of glyphs and just work away.

Oddly enough I havnt been moving anything through my bank character, been able to do everything through my main JC'er ( my druid)

Defo going to need my bank alt for inscription though with the simple volume of stuff.

Also launching my gold blog this week over at our guild website, going to try keep it updated weekly, if not daily, with information on all the proffesions that I work with, and how I make my money with them. Its mostly a guild resource for my guild ( few of us right decent stuff) but sure everyones welcome ;)

WoW

600 herbs required to level inscription from 450-525

Thats easily 6k gold if not more :(

I think I might just buy the herbs required to get 450 ( from levelling herbalism and selling the herbs, its relatively cheap)

And then just grind the herbs on my herbalist . Might take some time to gather 600 but definitly better then spending 6k haha when I've enchanting on the same character too :D

Also the offhands and relics that you can make to level up, seem to go for a decent amount of money too.

Then come next darkmoon im going to look into making some darkmoon cards.

Always a good money spinner in wotlk and looks decent in cataclysm so far too, especially this early in the expansion

I'm actually makign a ton of money with Tailoring at the moment. Selling the Emberfire pants and robe for 650g each, which is a hell of a lot more then the mats cost for it. No one is selling them either, and i've sold 4 today :)

Here's a good one for you, may or mat not work on your server though, depends on how many others are doing it...

Go to this vendor in TH...

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50248

and then depending on whatever anyone else is selling the items for, buy them and put them up on the AH for a huge profit.

I've been putting up http://www.wowhead.com/item=68047 for 499g a piece, buying them for under 14g each :D

Sold 20 so far today and just threw another 10 up there again.

Can anyone tell me if there's a tool that can scan the auction house on one server, and then compare it to the auction house on another? I'm transferring realm soon, and want to see if i can make some gold while doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Auctioneer.

Advertisement