Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gold Making tips here + a few of my guides

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Drakar wrote: »
    This blog has a few interesting ideas, depends again on your server prices, but well worth a look.

that website is amazing il be checking that daily from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Sorry for posting it here but it seems the doc and myself seem the be running identically in guild progress xD (well okay sindra isn't down yet but 32% on first try and only try sindra cause we lost a healer and dps on first air phase >.>) once we get a set raid squad and stop pugging people we'll be fine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

magicianz wrote: »
    Sorry for posting it here but it seems the doc and myself seem the be running identically in guild progress xD (well okay sindra isn't down yet but 32% on first try and only try sindra cause we lost a healer and dps on first air phase >.>) once we get a set raid squad and stop pugging people we'll be fine :P

hu?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

TheDoc wrote: »
    hu?

i think your the only doctor in the house *ba dum dum tiisk*

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Well I decided to pick up new profs - Mining and Jewelcrafting. Making a nice bit of Gold from the Kings Amber and the rest to a lesser degree. I was just wondering what you guys do with the blue gems & green gems that prospect from titanium ore? I am finding the patterns I have hard to sell. Any suggestions for new ones I can get or should I just vendor them? Thanks lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Insomniac_

Mining brings me in a fortune and my server has pretty low prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Depends on your definition of "fortune".

Really any gold tips should be hinting at a gold per hour ratio as thats the key differentiator methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What a bunch of Dorks. I cannot believe this is what you spend your time doing.:eek::D:p:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Insomniac_

Overheal wrote: »
    What a bunch of Dorks. I cannot believe this is what you spend your time doing.:eek::D:p:confused:
    says the guy who obv spends all his time on forums? I play WoW 5 hours aweek .. 2 on thurs evening .. 2 on friday afternoon... and generally 1-2 on the weekend ..

You cant just presume people spend there whole lives playing wow ... I know prob 95% do but there are people that have work/college .. and better things too be doing ..

I know people that triple the amount of time on call of duty .. and yet they still go on as do i have no life..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Overheal is a regular of this forum, Insomniac_
    I'm quite confident that his post was meant in a tongue in cheek manner, I wouldn't hesitate to take action if I thought otherwise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

And I've been banned for less, and more of a regular for longer than most on this forum :eek::D:P:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nix banned for a month for questioning mod actions on thread instead of via the feedback forum;)

Modding this place can be a nightmare at times, you're either lambasted for being too lenient or for not being harsh enough!

I definitely didn't write this post. Probably the same fcuker at work who just celebrated firing me too. I hope he rots.

I'd already cycled out my password at the end of last week so hopefully thats the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Auh, why were ya fired? That guy sounds like a dick, did that really happen?

tman, not if i ban you first! :pac:

Oh and to keep it on topic, i like gold

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So have they said how much the new flying skill is going to cost? Cause i've only about 500g on my Alliance characters, where i will probably end up playing my Worgen Driud.

5k is the number i hear going around. And that this will bring all of your flying mounts up to 310 speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

nix wrote: »
    Auh, why were ya fired? That guy sounds like a dick, did that really happen?

tman, not if i ban you first! :pac:

Oh and to keep it on topic, i like gold

Sounds like his boss wasn't happy with him spending his entire working day on boards.ie and especially the wow subforum. Can't really blame him. But posting under his employees account is bang the feck out of order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

5k is the number i hear going around. And that this will bring all of your flying mounts up to 310 speed.
    Was looking into this, and apparently Azeroth flying will be available from lvl60, and will only cost 250g. That's fine by me, as that about all i have on my Alliance alt at the moment.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26725725456&sid=2000

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Dunno if they will keep it same as beta, but there wasnt any skill needed for flying around org last time i checked. If i remember rightly there was a need to purchase flying in the wotlk beta.

EDIT:
    And right after i post that, I read the link Kiith posted. Damn im definitely having a slow day today....

Question on making gold as a JC.

I? recently changed servers to join a few mates (On Zendenar) and was wondering. Is there ann easy addon or way to check the spread of say all cut gems for Cardinal Ruby and give you a suggestion on what to cut?

I find with multiple pages of gems, auctionator can be a bit annoying to use. Just wondering if there is anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Shougeki wrote: »
    Question on making gold as a JC.

I? recently changed servers to join a few mates (On Zendenar) and was wondering. Is there ann easy addon or way to check the spread of say all cut gems for Cardinal Ruby and give you a suggestion on what to cut?

I find with multiple pages of gems, auctionator can be a bit annoying to use. Just wondering if there is anything else?

your best off using auctioneer pal or just making a mental note for prices.

I was hoping there was something that would tell me what to cut my 100+ gems to.

Stupid 20k gold limit on transfers....

I was hoping there was something that would tell me what to cut my 100+ gems to.

thats all old data that would be collected from the addon as prices change every few hours depending on whats up pal, best off looking yourself and post them in small batches or 3-5 for 12 hours at a time

Actually I think you want Quick Auctions 3

summary.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CamomileCurt

Hey - I juss hit the same limit :mad:; wtf are you meant to do?!!:confused:

Buy expensive shizzle, though its a bad time for it now with the expansion. Very few things will hold their value.

move another toon for more gold? or just make it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

For me it requires both my 80s .. Warrior [Mining 450] and Druid [Alch 450] with this it means I can go off and farm saronite all day whislt picking up any eternals as I go ... I then can transmute any eternal into first ever 2 hours or so and also transmute all my saronit into titanium ... all gets sent back to the warr which is then smelted into titansteel which is then sold by bulk in AH .. some weeks you can double you're profit if the right buyer is out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

rune clot(horde)h and mitril(spelling) ore and any mid game items such as herbs and leather

with the expansion coming all these people will want to get their faction to exalted with goblins so they can get the new mounts.

and the ore is for people power leveling mining/tailoring/herb ect ect

this will only work befor the expansion however if you stockpile the items and then sell them after the expansion

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote: »
    Actually I think you want Quick Auctions 3

summary.png

hmm will definitely give this a gander when i get home....

I bought gems when they were about 80-90 on sunstrider (pre-patch). Now they have made me a fair bit of cash as they have been going for 150-165. Just trying to avoid flooding the market :P

Advertisement