Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gold Making tips here + a few of my guides

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Auction trade master

If you havnt got it, get it.

If you have any intent in getting gold in wow, this tool will easily help you increase profits.

Scans AH and imports the data into a trade window, so you can automatically Q crafts that give the most profit .

Have a butchers at it on curse or its on most gold making websites , its quality.

An absolute must, blows everything else out of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Hmm got a little unlucky after trying to sell Rigid Cogwheels, sold 2 over the last week, still have 7 or 8 up on AH at all times at about 90g, the cheapest there and they still aint moving :(

Also tried the tailor pants, embercloth .. only 1 up on AH for last week at 1100, stuck mine up at 900 then 800 and hasnt gone. Oh well, Ill keep trying.

Any other tips of things that I can buy off a vendor and sell on AH ? The vellum I sold a very small amount of, I also keep buying the pattern off the tailor supply npc in TB for white wedding dress, I put that up at 100g after buying it for a few silver, always sells after a day or two. Not much but is nice :)

I've also been wondering, is there a way to link your craft into a /trade macro ?

As in can I make a macro will make me say in trade "Enchanter LFW! 30g Charge [Enchanting]" or something similar? Where the link is in the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

pretty cool this thread is still alive :D

Its alive and kicking

I keep making promises to get my blog up and running and keep putting in on the back finger, in fairness anything id be taking about is freely available on like 40 other blogs so I couldnt be ****ed.

This weeks new venture for me is the Obsidium shuffle

Quick breakdown

You need a JC and Enchanter for this to be epic profit.

You buy a stack of Obsidium at under 54g and you will get profit guaranteed.

Prospect the ore for green gems, rare gems you get are all a bonus.

Turns jaspers into rings
    Alicites into necks
    Carnelians into spikes

Keep your nightstone and zephrye to simply sell raw for JC dailies ( go about 15-25g a pop on my server)

Send your crafted items to your enchanter

DE the items, from the above you will get

Hypnotic Dust
    Shards
    Greater essences

Sell the mats raw

I do this in stacks of 40.

I make about roughly between 1-2k profit a turnaround.

Can be lengthy but once you get things streamlined and automated its a doddle.

If you want aswell, yuo dont need to do the enchanting part.

Cut green gems vendor for 9g a pop. By selling the blue and purple raw and cutting the others to vendor you should make a profit, but not as much.

Remember you get less blue gems, but every one is extra profit.

You get roughly 6 greens a stack of prospect which is 54g.

A stack of obsidium on my sevrer costs roughly about 40g.

There is 14g gold profit guaranteed, and obviously multiplying this by 40 is 560 gold profit easy. This is discounting the additional gold from selling blue and pruple raw.

I prefer to go with the longer route of DE'ing mats as the prices on my server are roughly

Greater Celest - 25g
    Heavenly shard -30g
    Hypnotic dust - 150g stack

And you get alot from de'ing items.

Soemthing to look into guys and gals for sure

I'm currently powerleveling inscription because I've been tipped to a big money spinner that not alot of people are running on ym server, looked into it last night and I stand to make guaranteed profits, steady income a day for a few minutes work.

Will update once I get some figures from it

My Elementium shuffle is working still as good as ever.

Prospecting to cut blue gems to sell, and I'm turning the greens into shadowspirit diamonds.

I'd advise people to start stockpiling a good few shadowspirits and inferno rubies over the coming weeks. The new patch is dropping soon with new meta cuts, and the meta thing is fixed so its not more blue then red, so red gem sales will skyrocket as will meta gems.

I've already stockpiled a few daily token to pickup the new meta cuts which look tasty, and ive a good stockpile of red gems to roll out come patch day, prices hopefullym, should double if not triple with the amount of demand.

And finally, with the hotfix for the alchemist trinket no longer being DE'able, maelstrom crystals have dissapeared from the AH. As a little tester, last night I bought a boe shield from trade for 3k and lobbed the crystal up on the AH for 4k.

Within seconds the crystal had sold. This crystals are in HUGE demand for raiders and in ZERO supply on most servers. might be worthwhile sussing about to see what people might spend for a crystal and get one up on the Ah.

***Edit***

On that final note , last night I bought two boes for 5k and got two crystals, listed then for 3.5k a pop. Checked AH app, both have sold ;)

Mysterious fortune cards

One word

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Working out the math basically I can get 4 cards from one stack of herbs. I also get an inferno ink from a stack fo herbs.

Here are some numbers :

If I get a stack of herbs at 70g ( The ehrbs are any cataclysm level herb)
    I get 4 mills and from it I get

4 Mysterious Cards - Market price 19g x4 = 76g
    1 Inferno ink = 100g market price

Total return = 176g

So you can see from this I'm making 106g profit. Now you might think, alot of the profit is from the Inferno ink, that is kinda true.

But these can even be used for offhans and darkmoon cards ( fair coming) for even more profits.

But the likely hood really is I'm making profits from the cards alone to cover the herb costs, roughly about 6g profit per 4 cards. Now granted thats not alot at low elvels.

I'm moving about 100 a day which is a ncie 600g profit .

And by creating this large quanity, plenty of inferno inks!

I'll report back with some actualy figures tonight frmo a nice addon i have that records sales

That addon is called "MySales" btw, its awesome

Have decided to not bother with Darkmoon cards this fair, but what I am going to do is put all my inferno inks up for sale, 10 are required to make a card, and there ie always epople looking to make cards, and from what happend first time round i betcha there will be alot more scribes looknig to cash in on the second fair.

So I'd guestimate my inks will rise from 90g to about 150g a pop during the fair time.

Thats hopefuly the case and will really make me A **** LOAD of money. With the mysterious cards aswell I'm hoping to turn alot of money over the coming weeks.

While in work today ive made 2k gold from cards, I'll probably spend the night churning out more cards for sale and see how it goes, would forecast another 100-200 cards off tongiht which should net another 1200 gold profit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Is the gold limit still 138k or whatever it was? Seems alot more people must be mitting the cap per character now.

Drakar wrote: »
    Is the gold limit still 138k or whatever it was? Seems alot more people must be mitting the cap per character now.

Nah its way higher now, its over a million or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Trade Skill Master is the upgrade from Auction Profit Master, and apart from some sections (tailoring etc) having a few issues, it works quite well.

Orecrusher is a very very handy in game prospecting add on. Saves having to input numbers manually in an out of game spreadsheet to work out what's profitable. As long the items it lists are for sale on the auction house (auctionator or auctioneer compatable), it will give you a run down of the cost and profit from stacks of elementium, obsidium, or pyrite, and will also tell you if it's more profitable to cut & vendor the uncommon gems, to craft and DE them, or to auction them raw. It includes rare cut mark ups, scroll mark ups, and a factor both for creating shadowspirit diamonds, and for being a transmute master.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

TheDoc wrote: »
    Auction trade master

Couldnt find it. Found "Auction Profit Master" and "Auction Master" ?

Ops just saw that its an upgrade to Auction Profit Master. Doh

Shougeki wrote: »
    Couldnt find it. Found "Auction Profit Master" and "Auction Master" ?

Ops just saw that its an upgrade to Auction Profit Master. Doh

Trade skill master above outlined by iceman, thats what ive been using through cataclysm

Blew my mind, its fantastic and only getting better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Were do you get the trade kill master ? i looked on curse and didnt see it

Any tips for making money just out of Enchanting on its own other than enchanting things for players? Any easy way to get cata items easy/cheap/craft that work out for more when disenchanted and what not ?

-Vega- wrote: »
    Any tips for making money just out of Enchanting on its own other than enchanting things for players? Any easy way to get cata items easy/cheap/craft that work out for more when disenchanted and what not ?

Enchanting scrolls pretty much.

Buy your vellums from the vendor and put your enchants on scrolls and place on the AH.

jeawan wrote: »
    Were do you get the trade kill master ? i looked on curse and didnt see it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22trade+skill+master%22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The new JC recipe, the +54 Agi/3% crit recipe dropped for me from a random mob while questing on the Pally not long after the server came back up after the new patch.

Was tempted to sell the recipe but glad I didn't, instead I gave it to my hunter to make the Meta's and they've been selling for 699g a pop - also seems I'm the only one on the server making them so far :) I could be an arse about it and sell them for much higher but I'm making such a tidy profit already.

The raw shadow spirit gems I buy for around 225g, which is high enough but still, clicking a button to triple the profit, can't go wrong really.

Was going to farm to get them but decided against it, totally random, waste of time, if I get it I get it, if not, no biggy.

I've moved out of the gem market tbh and mostly dealing with gylphs and mysterious fortune cards making about 20k a week

Dont even understand that whole fortune card darkmoon stuff. Wish I started the game earlier, I'm the sucker paying max price for it all :(

Well someone else got the recipe now and is selling them for 250g each, which has destroyed the market.

Think I'll probably go try my hand trading off my inscription instead too. Levelled up the inscription on the warlock from spare herbs over the last while anyway.

I've moved into the glyph market and things going well.

With the sales for my Mysterious cards ( which has made me over 20k) and the sales of spare inferno inks ( about another 20k) I'm able to buy herbs at a much higher price and still rock some profit.

So now I've got into Glyph market aswell since tbh I've got so much darkfall ink.

So I've now got three major incomes.

Prospecting Elementium Ore
    Selling mysterious cards
    SElling inferno ink
    Selling glyphs

And I'm turning over alot of profit each week. Alot of people told me to avoid glyphs but I dont know why.

I literally make three of each, post for 24 hours and a few sell, just keep restocking and relisting, its a pretty easy market to make money from.

Inscription I can see being my biggest money maker in Cata by miles.

In wotlk it became very easy to automate much of the glyph making process (auction mods etc), so margins were very thin. Not sure if that will carry through here once people pick up the patterns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

Not sure if it's been said, but transmuting Truegold nets you a good 200g a day even if it doesn't proc. On my server the raw mats are selling for about 450g, and Truegold sells for just over 650g. On the odd occasion you get a proc, you can net over 1000g.

Drakar wrote: »
    In wotlk it became very easy to automate much of the glyph making process (auction mods etc), so margins were very thin. Not sure if that will carry through here once people pick up the patterns.

Yeah I very easily automated my process aswell. I'm not making tens of thousands but its an easy 5k or so a week from very little work in fairness.

I've such a left over pile from the mysertious cards I make, its easy sales imo

Bought out Enchant Bracer- Mighty Intellect for 10k

Crafted two, both sold for 6k each.

Also getting some crafts for 500g with users mats.

Will make the profit back fast enough

Had a very large stockpile of inferno inks from mysterious fortune card crafts.

Got a Volcano deck and Hurricane deck out of it, so going to hold on till Darkmoon in two weeks, hand in, and then sell for hopefully about 30-40k which would be a nice return on essentuially what was sitting in my bags.

With this weeks sales of mysterious fortune cards I'm hoping to get a stockpile of more inferno inks to craft some more cards.

Jewelcrafting has slowed down alot for me, prices are pretty low and worthless. Ore is at an all time low but with so many people shuffling it literally has no value anymore in the Elementium ore shuffle.

Enchanting has gone a bit slow for me aswell with not alot of sales, the Mighty intellect enchant on bracer is going for 6k with about 1 sale every 3 days and the craft netting me 500g with users mats, good few of these sales.

This is why its so important to diversify, to have a number of markets incase one gets **** you can focus on another.

Just so happens this week all my markets took a hit, so I'll be looking to get back on top of mysterious cards tonight to make 100-200 sales to tide me over the weekend.

Darkmoon Faire cant come soon enough so I can turn in the two cards I have to get my liquid gold back higher.

Druid down to 10k liquid
    Mage down to 10k liquid but has about 50k in items to sell
    Bank alt which is turning glyphs nicely , sits at 500g, I send everything over500 gold to my mage or druid and I guess hes shifting about 2k a week, not bad considerig ive no unique patterns

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Had a very large stockpile of inferno inks from mysterious fortune card crafts.

Got a Volcano deck and Hurricane deck out of it, so going to hold on till Darkmoon in two weeks, hand in, and then sell for hopefully about 30-40k which would be a nice return on essentuially what was sitting in my bags.

With this weeks sales of mysterious fortune cards I'm hoping to get a stockpile of more inferno inks to craft some more cards.

Jewelcrafting has slowed down alot for me, prices are pretty low and worthless. Ore is at an all time low but with so many people shuffling it literally has no value anymore in the Elementium ore shuffle.

Enchanting has gone a bit slow for me aswell with not alot of sales, the Mighty intellect enchant on bracer is going for 6k with about 1 sale every 3 days and the craft netting me 500g with users mats, good few of these sales.

This is why its so important to diversify, to have a number of markets incase one gets **** you can focus on another.

Just so happens this week all my markets took a hit, so I'll be looking to get back on top of mysterious cards tonight to make 100-200 sales to tide me over the weekend.

Darkmoon Faire cant come soon enough so I can turn in the two cards I have to get my liquid gold back higher.

Druid down to 10k liquid
    Mage down to 10k liquid but has about 50k in items to sell
    Bank alt which is turning glyphs nicely , sits at 500g, I send everything over500 gold to my mage or druid and I guess hes shifting about 2k a week, not bad considerig ive no unique patterns

Doc do you do anything else in game bar playing the AH ? i find with raiding i have very little time to do much else

jeawan wrote: »
    Doc do you do anything else in game bar playing the AH ? i find with raiding i have very little time to do much else

I'm part of a very active and productive riading setup. We have cleared 12/12 and working towards heroics.

I also have three other level 85's and working on my fourth along with web design and a **** load of other stuff.

The trick is that when you do it more and more you get more efficent at it, its simple economies of scale, as you do something more often, you get more efficent at it.

So for example. Here is what I do when i log on to do some AH work.

Log Bank
    Pickup mail
    Repost unsold glyphs

Log Mage
    Pickup mail
    Go AH
    Buy mats for fortune cards and enchants
    Back to mail
    Mill Herbs
    Craft items
    Relist to AH

Log Druid
    Collect mail
    Buy mats
    Prospect
    Cut gems
    Post to AH

The two biggest time sinks are prospecting and milling herbs. I do these while watching TV or doing something else.

Crafting in the quantity I do is also a big time sink so I do other things whilst doing this.

The whole process is roughly about an hour a day max.

More often then not I'll spend a little extra time barking trade or just cancelling and reposting, but its usually while waiting in a dungeon Q etc.

There is always time to do something and time is money ;)

Darkmoon cant come soon enough, the three trinkets I now have are burning a hole in my bags.

Also found a gold farmer who will provide me with cinderbloom at 30g a pop @ 50 stacks and heartblossom at 40g @ 50 stacks.

Buying about 3 helpings a week ( thats 150 stacks of each)

My mysterious fortune cards just wont stay in stock and the infero inks I'm making are getting turned into cards.

I'd been selling them single for 1-2k gold, but might try hold onto more to make another deck, if I had mroe money I'd pour it into cards, wish I could have been on this band wagon from the start.

Glyph market is dead imo, waste of money. Not making anymore, the gravy train from wotlk has defniitly finished.

My diveristy has definitly gone down for sure.

So from

Alchemy
    Enchanting

All I'm doing is

20 stacks fo elementium shuffled a day
    Mysterious fortune card sales
    Infero ink into Darkmoon cards

I got back into Enchanting a little making Enchant chest- mighty stats and Enchant weapon - hurricane, might diverse a bit.

Enchant bracer- mighty intellect has been serious fail. 10k on the pattern, I've sold about 1 scroll for 6k.

Just wasn't a good investment when it really should have. I'm now only person on server selling them, might drop price to 5k to get some movement, but with the mat costs, its nearly 5k just to craft.

In little news

Mysterious Fortune Cards are having their cratf time changed from 3 seconds to 1 second..

Big news for me!!!

:D

Mage is now sitting at 20k, which I'm happy with. He started off his money making with only 50 mysterious fortune cards :D

According to the great addon "MySales" I've made over 50k from mysterious fortune sales, scary when you think I've spent 30k, with little to show for it :D

Going to take a look into tailoring aswell soon enough. My warlock is my tailor and being levelled after my Paladin
    Bags seem like a huge profit, one bag in particular has a 200g craft cost and a 900g profit :D

Got back into the elementium swing and its reaping some return for sure, will take it more seriously to get my character back up to the 20-30k region.

Looking forward to Darkmoon aswell to see how the cards go, at the moment the decks sell

Hurricane - 14k
    Volcano - 18k

During the fair, but more importantly after, I'm hoping prices go up. Pug raids havnt kicked off yet so hopnig they still sell.
    Also selling individual cards going for between 1-2.5k a piece.

Scroll of mighty intellect has been mighty dissapointing

I'm now the only person on server selling them.

Mat cost is 5k, i sell for6k, not even a massive profit consdiering the constant fluctuation of maelstrom crystals , which are now selling for 2.5k

Dunno how you're making gold on mysterious fortune cards, they only sell for no more than 5g on any of the 4 servers I play on :/

• Advertisement

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Dunno how you're making gold on mysterious fortune cards, they only sell for no more than 5g on any of the 4 servers I play on :/

They have dropped to 13g on mine cause essentially everyone has coped on, and herb prices have crashed

But its an easy market to control, if I'm ever udnercut, I just bark in trade advertising them, and they sell out pretty quickly, then mine go next, then i keep barking till the prices above me clear out.

I reset the price by driving up sales, about 3 times a week, and can relist at 20g which gets me lots of sales.

There is more tactful ways to deal with undercutting then buying out lower items.

Also the gravy train is geting overloaded. I was one of the first people pushing them in a big way. And when people tried to muscle in, I would get in touch with those people and organise we sold at the same price, and barked each others cards, aboslute...gravy cartel train of justice!

Even at 13g, its still a massive pull in of profit for me.

I make 12 cards from 3 stacks of herbs.

I use cinderbloom and get them from a chinese old farmer. I have been getting them for some time at 40g a stack, so was already making massive profits, and still can.

For every 3 stacks I get 2 inferno inks minimum which sell for €160 gold minimum.

So by my calculations my inferno ink return cover the cost of helps plus some profit, and 12 cards is more pure profit.

I could sell the cards for 5g a pop and still make nice profits. ;)

And in the quantit I sell, I'm pretty much still in pole position on my server, I'm outputting about 800 cards a week in sales.

There is something unusually rewarding knowing you are literally top dog in a market.

Advertisement