Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nessieos

I'm a 25 year old female mature student gong into 1st Yr full English. I'm looking to share a house (not to share a room). Let me know if anyone needs one more. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chilipepper72

Hi,
    I'm a 19 year old student going into first year, and I'm looking for other people to share a place with. If anyone's interested please pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

Hello,

Will be starting 1st year in September as a BMus student. If I don't get campus accommodation will be looking to get a room somewhere! Anyone else in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

My 2 friends and I plan on living together in September in Maynooth.
    The problem is that we can't seem to find any housing online that'll fit the 3 of us.

If anyone is maybe looking to share housing or even knows of a place with 3 beds please let me know down below.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Hey, I'm starting law in Sept as a 30 year old mature student, I'll be looking for a house share too. Close to the college, library, shops, gym (the pub, cough cough) a big plus.

2nd degree so I wont be really into the crazy college party scene, been there done that but the occasional night or two be fine!

Anything going drop us a PM please.

• Advertisement

17, Male, going into 1st year in Maynooth (hopefully).
    I'm looking for accommodation so if anyone needs an extra person for their house or is willing to share feel free to PM me.
    Decent priced rent is essential.

I'm an alright guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Anyone looking for a room: Look on daft.ie
    Out of curiosity I checked the availability of rooms in Maynooth cause I was quite stuck at this stage last year. Ive seen good few rooms available. Don't worry that it says year + or mature student/professional! Get in touch with the person that put up the ad! That's what I did last year and although the room was for a year + and for mature/professional I got it (I was 19). I've seen good few rooms starting from €230/month!

When an ad has "1 year lease", do you think I'd be able to talk them down to a 9 month lease? I don't really want to pay for it in summer considering I won't be living there..
    Thanks for your advice though, I'm going to get in touch with a few advertisers tomorrow hopefully!

When it's just a room do talk to them! That's what I did last year. It said 12 months and professional! Asking wont harm you but it can always help you find accommodation. :) It might be different with renting a house, a lot of landlords won't let the house for 9 months (and some of them might not allow students)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Articuno

Hi,

Looking for another girl to share apartment in Manor Mills. Double room + own bathroom. Rent is 470 per month and lease is from 1st Aug to 1st June (10 months). Preferably final year (like myself) or postgrad. PM if interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 chainsofgold

hi, i'm also looking for a place for september, im going in to first year too have you seen anything?

I've spoken to a few landlords today and I've got the following responses:

"Ah I just made a deal 5 minutes ago"
    "Nawwww, it's a 12 month lease"
    "Group letting only sorry"

...and the rest didn't answer their phones...

:(

MrNeeson wrote: »
    I've spoken to a few landlords today and I've got the following responses:

"Ah I just made a deal 5 minutes ago"
    "Nawwww, it's a 12 month lease"
    "Group letting only sorry"

...and the rest didn't answer their phones...

:(

Fockers!!

I've just started searching myself. fingers crossed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tara.toomey

Looking for two people to fill a house in kingsbry, you'd be living with three second year girls, myself included! Get back to me asap if youre interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 toffeepop

sup - Landlord wants us to take the house from mid-August instead of September. Is this normal? I have heard of people starting leases in mid-sept?
    All a bit new to me this.:(
    Maybe I should wait a couple of weeks to sort out a better place if more houses are available, not much out there now on daft.

any comment wd be gr8

toffeepop wrote: »
    sup - Landlord wants us to take the house from mid-August instead of September. Is this normal? I have heard of people starting leases in mid-sept?
    All a bit new to me this.:(
    Maybe I should wait a couple of weeks to sort out a better place if more houses are available, not much out there now on daft.

any comment wd be gr8

Try to negotiate, my landlord wanted us to pay from beginning of september till mid June! instead we're paying from I think 2nd week of september till end of may

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarsfields123

looking for 2/3 rooms for second year Monaghan men, anything considered cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Hi,
    Can anyone let me know where you can find places for Maynooth for this coming year?
    I'm a student that hopes to be attending there this September, all depending on the LC results so I don't want to call or confirm anything at the minute.
    I've been looking on daft but all I seem to get is houses at €900 a month, am I doing this completely wrong? :P

Check here

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Paczini wrote: »
    Check here

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Looks like this will take longer than expected. Is there any areas that people would advice to stay away from? Not really an awful lot out there at the moment.

Anyone any idea how many students stay in or around the campus for the academic year?

Looks like this will take longer than expected. Is there any areas that people would advice to stay away from? Not really an awful lot out there at the moment.

Anyone any idea how many students stay in or around the campus for the academic year?

Well I don't really know the answer to your first question but it was discussed in first few posts in this thread so maybe look in there?
    As regards to your second question. Thousands I'd say! You can barely see a person in Maynooth that's not studying there. I've been there outside of term and believe me that the place was empty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hannah123

My boyfriend and I have found a few 2 bed apartments in Maynooth, 450-500 per month for a double room, would anyone be interested in sharing? I work in Dublin and he is doing a postgrad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ReecesPieces

Myself and My friend are looking for a house for September. I am 20 and will be doing a masters, my friend is 21 and is going into 4th year Law, both males

Looking for a house share but we are currently looking for a house ourselves so if anyone is having a problem with landlords saying that they are looking for a group only then PM if your interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

if things were not working out in one house and you wanted to move say January or February,,, would it be hard to get a house for the remaining 3 or 4 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Have a double room with en suite up at the end of this month in Moyglare Hall. Postgrads or 4 th years only please. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 suzieled

Have a large twin room for 2 people. Available mid Sept onwards. Sharing house with 3 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MaeveGearthy

Hey,
    As its getting close to the CAO offers I'm starting to get excited about College. Hopefully I'll be hitting Maynooth. Whats accommodation like in Maynooth? Which is the best accommodations for the bants like? Also in student accommodation in Maynooth, is it all girls/boys or is it mixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meabh1234

Hi, I'm looking for a single room in Maynooth, I am 20 years old and in 2nd year. I'm finding it very difficult to find anything. PM me if you have anything available! Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 quaverlou

is it just me or is it harder to find anything this year?

Advertisement