Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kellbopper

So I'm heading into first year doing Arts- Music, Anthropology, and geography but I didn't get first round accommodation. I know there is a second draw for it on Monday n all, but there is only a small chance. So in the meantime I'm looking for a house that isn't occupied by the owner, cause that would suck, and also looking students to share with, around the €80 - 90 a week margin. Currently searching on Daft.ie its a good website. Let me know if anybodys in the same boat as me, and we can talk. or facebook me if interested
    'Killian Kelly'. g'luck people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tara.toomey

hey, im going into first year and have a room in the village apartments on campus. just printed off the occupancy agreement and im wondering if anyone who lived there before can tell me what its like, they seem really strict!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's really not that strict at all! The RAs (residence assistants - students who work for the residence office) will shut down parties if there are noise complaints, but other than that you're pretty much left to your own devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tara.toomey

ok thats good! i was kinda worried for a while! thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ClassyCoconut

Encie wrote: »
    Are you sure it includes people already on the waiting list? I'm down in the 150's too :/

We rang up to see if they could give us any advice on accommodation and such. The women told us about the second random campus process and that you wouldn't need to re-apply or anything, she said you'd be in the "draw" by default if you're on the waiting list.

I'm not relying on it any ways. 150s, aren't we lucky?! We might get campus if 30 odd houses free up hahah!
    I'm looking for a house now, easier said than done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Fogman

Anyone in River?(Hurley)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

First year student looking for a single/double room for 70-80 a week. I'm a girl lol :P House needs to allow pets as I have to bring my 2 dogs with me. They're house trained and usually stay outside all day and sleep in a cage at night time. Wouldn't hurt a fly! They're miniature Schnauzers

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MalCallan

Yo, me and a mate have a room available for 70 a week. Nice house in Meadowbrook. PM me if yer interested. We're sound lads.

chomps_x wrote: »
    First year student looking for a single/double room for 70-80 a week. I'm a girl lol :P House needs to allow pets as I have to bring my 2 dogs with me. They're house trained and usually stay outside all day and sleep in a cage at night time. Wouldn't hurt a fly! They're miniature Schnauzers

That won't go down well with the majority of landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

chomps_x wrote: »

Only places seem to be this:

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=684699

or this :http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=674535

and neither are in your price range ! :(

Though the 2nd one I would kill to live in its actually AMAZING!!!! though totally unsuitable for students !!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

aaabbbb wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=674535

Though the 2nd one I would kill to live in its actually AMAZING!!!! though totally unsuitable for students !!:p

Sweet Jesus that place is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus that place is awesome!

For €575 a month it'd wanna be!!!! :p Though considering it is basically like its own apartment €575 is actually a really good price , considering other apartments of that standard would prob be over the €1000/2000 a month mark ! Suppose the location though if you didn't drive would be very restricting

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

jpcarlow wrote: »

Are you sure it is for this year as it says "Housing List Septemer 2011 - June 2012" At the top. I am in Second year but Im still looking for accommodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Paczini wrote: »
    Are you sure it is for this year as it says "Housing List Septemer 2011 - June 2012" At the top. I am in Second year but Im still looking for accommodation.
    Well the landlords rarely change from year to year so barring a few that's pretty much the ones that make themselves available to students

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Okay, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

Hi all :)

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for accomodation this week. I had been looking into places in Dublin with 2 others but that seems to be falling through now so I'm coming back to houses in Maynooth again. I'd love to share a house with a few others that are clean, laid back and up for a laugh :) I have seen a few 3 and 4 bedroomed houses knocking around that may suit. If anyone is still looking for somewhere to stay and are interested, please PM me back. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling.

Oh and a bit about me :D I am 20, going into 2nd year arts having just taken last year out. I love music, movies, reading, writing and generally just having a bit of craic! I'm really easy-going and will pretty much get on with anyone. I'm clean and tidy but not over the top either!

Lads me and me mate have two rooms on the go. 75 a week, in meadowbrook lawns. Pm me if yer up for it. Would rather non firsties cos theyd only rob my cereal. We're two sound lads, who found a cheap as **** house, and who want some laid back, up for the craic housemates.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

Hey am also looking for accomodation to share with people. I don't know anyone in Maynooth as far as i know. I'm male, 21 and going into first year finance and econ. I'm easy going, clean and tidy and up for a laugh.

Was looking on google maps and was wondering what the opinion is on the best student estate to live in. Is Moyglare the closest to the North Campus? Id like to not have a really long walk every morning. Also is UPC available in most of Maynooth?

I will hopefully be coming up next week to look for accomodation so if anyone wants to view a few houses and meet up let me know. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yep, UPC is available in most of Maynooth (pretty much everywhere apart from a few places - there's a thread called "Broadband in Maynooth" with more info). Moyglare is the closest to north campus, but there's a few estates in Moyglare so some are nearer than others. I never lived up that way so I'm not sure which ones. Maynooth isn't that big, so at most it'll only take 20/25 minutes to walk from any of the estates to college. Beaufield, Meadowbrook and Kingsbry are full of students. Meadowbrook probably has the nicest houses out of those three.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Hey all, does anyone have experience of living in Kilcock? Looking for a 2/3 bed and you seem to get much more value for money. We all have cars, and train is always there too so thats not much of a problem. Any thoughts?
    Laura :)

• Advertisement

lauras91 wrote: »
    Hey all, does anyone have experience of living in Kilcock? Looking for a 2/3 bed and you seem to get much more value for money. We all have cars, and train is always there too so thats not much of a problem. Any thoughts?
    Laura :)

Trains to and from Kilcock are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Trains to and from Kilcock are few and far between.
    Not really a problem as I said, we all have cars.. just nice to also have the option of the train if needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kel_lawd

Looking for first year male/female available to move into a share house off campus in Maynooth with one girl and three boys. Price range 80/90 Euro per week.

laura im not sure if youd be planning on going out much but gettin home would be a frickin pain wouldnt it? From livin here 4 years i dont see it being a great idea, but It all depends on what way you do college and havin a car helps i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ephemeral.

Hey everyone !

I'm a french 21 male student (3rd year) who just got to Maynooth. I'm looking for a place to live for the next 9 months as soon as possible. If you're interested, please send me a PM (and add your phone number to it, that'll be easier for me).

Also I'm new here and don't know anyone yet so if you want to meet, have a drink, show me around (I'm a bit lost in that new environment), I'd really appreciate it ! :)

Hope to see you soon, can't wait for the term to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JMcG92

Hey Guys,

I have a single room free in College Green for €80 per week/€320 per month. Three guys and one girl, all second/first year science students. House has most mod cons, dishwasher, freezer, back burner, UPC etc. 5-10 minutes from campus. PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

JMcG92 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I have a single room free in College Green for €80 per week/€320 per month. Three guys and one girl, all second/first year science students. House has most mod cons, dishwasher, freezer, back burner, UPC etc. 5-10 minutes from campus. PM me if interested!

Yup! Im up for that, Im going to be up in Maynooth tommorow! deposit ready and all!

18, male, Going into first year doing History,
    easy going, tidy etc, love music, art, reading, drinking, banter!
    PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lawstudent1991

Hi! We have a double bedroom ensuite to let in carton court. Rent is €90 pw and the deposit is € 280. The room is only available because someone dropped out last minute!! You would be sharing with 4 other students, all between 19 and 20. We're all quite nice too ;) ( 3 girls and 1 guy)

The room is massive, literally the width of the house, you could fit 2 rooms in the space. Ensuite bathroom, built in wardrobes and a big tv included in the room. Bin charges are covered by the rent. The house is lovely and I'm not just saying that!

We're gonna have UPC tv and broadband, it's oil fired central heating plus a lovely open fire place. The landlady even gave a DVD player and DVDs for us! Plus extra seats for "when we have ppl over on the weekends" according to the landlady! ;)

Private message me if anyone's interested. :) we'd like to have it filled before September!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sean_Paul

I'm in the same position.....applied for on-campus accomodation but wasnt one of the lucky ones....If any first years are interested in finding a place let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ConorN94

I seem to be in the same situation as a lot of people here.
    From Roscommon and going into first year science and didnt get campus accommodation. Would be interested in sharing with other first years if anyones interested.

Advertisement