Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanemcquillan

hi, how far is the house from the bus stops to dublin and train station?

its 5-10 min walk to train station :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

its 5-10 min walk to train station :)
    what about the bus to dublin?does the house have internet access?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

what about the bus to dublin?does the house have internet access?

Bus stop and train station are beside each other :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Bus stop and train station are beside each other :D

cool.internet?? how much for the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daniel brennan180

i'm Dan, 19, first year, i'm still looking for accommodation....left it far too late and now i'm homeless. does anyone know of anywhere thats available.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Arkanic

Hello L&G,

We have currently a serious appointment for a 4beds house sharing near Main Street, with all mods & cons, market etc.

There's a last available bed in a twin room, to share with a girl, so we need a second female to fill up the room.

We are 2 french, and one Czechian ; )

See you : )

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine has come to Ireland and is studying at Maynooth for her erasmus year. I've had a look on daft.ie and couldn't find much - if anybody has an empty single/double (non shared) room it would be great if you could PM me.

Thanks again!

Hey everyone me and my friend are looking for accomodation. We're both going into second year and we're both doing Arts. We know we've left it very late but if there's anybody else looking for accomodation feel free to contact me on this or on my number SNIP (Mark).

Me and my friend are both second year Arts students and are looking for a place!
    We're both male and are clean and tidy. If anyone knows of any vacancies, needs rommmates or is also looking for a house, contact me on this or text or ring me on SNIP
    Mark

Hi all,

Friend of mine has come to Ireland to study in Maynooth to study for the year. We've not had much luck finding a room for her in the town itself. If anyone knows of any available rooms around the area I'd love to hear from you. Otherwise, any suggestions about nearby towns that might be worth a look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭lolabearxx

i was thinking of moving out of my bungalow due to personal reasons (but this depends if the uni will give me on campus accommodation for this personal reason)
    the house is a 15 minute walk away from the college
    i will let you know how this works out
    i have signed the lease and was looking for someone else to continue it :)
    its a really great house

Definitely interested in hearing from you - let me know how it goes :) Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jr1984

I am a male mature student 28 looking for a room if anybody knows anybody looking to rent a room let me know, @mark do you know if there will be rooms available on a notice board in the college or people looking to share a house etc, this is going to be my first year in college looks like I have left it too late to get a place..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

ehhmm anybody need roomies? I have nothing sorted. Going into 3rd year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Hey, going into third year, looking for a room/house, I know I've left it late, I had repeats during the summer, male, studying arts, 20 and easygoing. If anyone is interested in sharing a house PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jr1984

It looks like it would be a lot cheaper to get a house yourself, could you get a lease for 9 months.. there are some 4 bedroom places for 900 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 41 suzieled

I have a twin room available, Pm me if interested, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Elle.x

Hi guys! :)
    1st year arts student, anyone looking or know of anyone looking for a roomie/someone to rent with? anyone in the same boat?
    Know its a bit late but hopefully someone can help!
    thanks in advance!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

There is definitely a huge oversupply of people looking to rent in relation to accommodation available (especially for students) in Maynooth. And it sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey guys, just have a question about Campus accommodation, it'd be a great help if 2nd/3rd or students who know about campus could answer i'd be great.

I'm staying on-campus for the 1st semester in a River apartment, however due to a change in circumstance I don't think I will be staying on-campus for the 2nd semester and will commute to college instead.

Does anyone know if it's even possible for me to change from living off-campus after Semester 1 so I can commute, or have I entered a contract to live on campus for both semesters this year? I'd really appreciate any reply if possible! Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hey guys, just have a question about Campus accommodation, it'd be a great help if 2nd/3rd or students who know about campus could answer i'd be great.

I'm staying on-campus for the 1st semester in a River apartment, however due to a change in circumstance I don't think I will be staying on-campus for the 2nd semester and will commute to college instead.

Does anyone know if it's even possible for me to change from living off-campus after Semester 1 so I can commute, or have I entered a contract to live on campus for both semesters this year? I'd really appreciate any reply if possible! Thanks! :)

You can pretty much leave at any time but you may have to give up your deposit. Get in touch with the Residence Office tomorrow.

You can pretty much leave at any time but you may have to give up your deposit. Get in touch with the Residence Office tomorrow.

Thanks! Do you know if others have done this before?

Thanks! Do you know if others have done this before?

Plenty have!

Plenty have!

Phew, I thought I was going to be the first one to do it! :p.. Should I contact the residence office about me leaving after the 1st semester soon or leave it closer to the end of the semester?

Phew, I thought I was going to be the first one to do it! :p.. Should I contact the residence office about me leaving after the 1st semester soon or leave it closer to the end of the semester?

Whenever I suppose!

You could always contact them now to see if you can work out a way for you to stay on campus? (I'm presuming that money issues may be a part, apologies if I'm wrong). It wouldn't hurt anyway.

Whenever I suppose!

You could always contact them now to see if you can work out a way for you to stay on campus? (I'm presuming that money issues may be a part, apologies if I'm wrong). It wouldn't hurt anyway.

Thanks! :) And you're grand, but no, it's not money problems, more just ease and a chance to work at the evenings at home in my old job! College is expensive and if I can work work for a couple of hours at home during the week it'd make it a lot easier!

Thanks! :) And you're grand, but no, it's not money problems, more just ease and a chance to work at the evenings at home in my old job! College is expensive and if I can work work for a couple of hours at home during the week it'd make it a lot easier!

Fair enough! Be careful though, commuting and working on top of that can be tough so don't overdo it!

Fair enough! Be careful though, commuting and working on top of that can be tough so don't overdo it!

I will!:) It's fairly handy work anyway, basically an office job, nothing strenuous or tiring to be honest so I should be grand! Besides, the train only takes over 55 minutes so it should be fine!:)

I will!:) It's fairly handy work anyway, basically an office job, nothing strenuous or tiring to be honest so I should be grand! Besides, the train only takes over 55 minutes so it should be fine!:)

Twice a day every day? *shudders*

• Advertisement

Twice a day every day? *shudders*

Yup! :) It's not too bad though, and the train has Wifi so it's all good! :)

Advertisement