Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ceol1991

Hi would anyone out there be willing to house share case that's all there seems to be left.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Hey guys,

Does anyone know any landlord that allow you to have pets? I have 2 dogs (Miniature Schnauzers) they sleep inside in a cage at night time and stay out in the back garden all day unless it is raining. They are very quiet dogs and never bark or go toilet inside. I'm thinking of moving out but my mam is pregnant and will not be able to look after the dogs in a few months time and therefore I'll need to either bring them to college with me, or give them to new owners (which I really don't want to do!). The dogs could sleep in my room at night if the other people sharing were not too keen on them sleeping in the kitchen or sitting room. Please if someone knows anyone can they let me know? I'm looking for a single/double bedroom preferably with an en suite and I can't pay over 350 a month incl bills.

Thanks for your help

Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Koflynn

Hi me and my friends are looking for an extra roommate in maynooth. There's four of us, 3 guys one girl. We need an extra roommate to rent a five man house. We're all 19/20, in second year and are pretty easy going. If your interested pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ClassyCoconut

Hark, those on the Cao waiting list for accommodation.
    There's another random selection process for those who have just applied for Campus AND those already on the waiting list.
    8 percent of people waiting for campus will get a place, chosen by random of course. To put it into perspective, roughly 24 people will get selected. It's a slim chance yes but still.

I'm currently 156 on the waiting list and already buried my hopes of getting a place that way. The other selection process is carried out soon and we will know by next Monday.

And if that falls through, we may start house hunting with each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 katieom

Looking for a room... I need it to be close to the main st. if anyone has any info or knows of anything going let me know!!! Im not made of money so I wont be forking out too much! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

Hey Chomps re. the pet thing, afaik Almost all landlords if asked will say no to pets of any kind outside of a goldfish. If you can read between the lines, If they are as good as you say esp re. being inside and not chewing on things and toilet and stuff, If they leave no trace they won't be noticed. would you consider even getting/building them a house outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Oh i dont know. They're 2 and since they were born they've slept inside. When it gets to about 10 they start crying to get inside because they want to go to bed. I wouldn't even mind if the landlord said they had to sleep in my room at night. If there is a side gate i could build a fence and only let them down the side of the house so they wouldn't eat the grass or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

chomps_x wrote: »
    Oh i dont know. They're 2 and since they were born they've slept inside. When it gets to about 10 they start crying to get inside because they want to go to bed. I wouldn't even mind if the landlord said they had to sleep in my room at night. If there is a side gate i could build a fence and only let them down the side of the house so they wouldn't eat the grass or anything like that.

It is possible to find accom that allows pets , but it will be VERY difficult !

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

Hi all :)

Looking for others to share a house with for the year. I'm 20 and am re-entering second year Arts after taking a year out. i'm really easy-going, clean and just want to share with people that aren't fussy or unfriendly. I am looking for a double room that is around 360 a month and have found a few nice looking houses that would be suitable for me plus 2/3 others that are willing to pay the same price. I'm quite familliar with Maynooth so I'll be looking for places either in the town or in estates like Beaufield, Moyglare, Kingsbury etc. If anyone is interested, male or female, do let me know in a PM and we can get the ball rollin'. I'm super worried I'll be left homeless come September 17th :P

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Theres a few in lyreen manor afair on the list I got off the college the other day I can give it to you if you like ? :D

If you wouldn't mind, could I get a copy of that too please?? :D I need all the help I can get at the mo'!

• Advertisement

Thank you m'dear! Mucho appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lucas14777

Any other first years looking for somewhere to rent? Since I didn't get campus accommodation I'm starting to look for a place to rent but would prefer it with other first years. Let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClodaghC93

Hi all,
    Me and my friends have 1 room left in a five bedroomed house. Theres 3 guys and 1 girl in it. The deposits due soon so were trying to fill it quickly. Were all 2nd years but were all really nice and easy going (basically partying is encouraged). If anybody is interested pm me asap
    cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Evin_Byrne

Are you searching for a house? I also didn't get campus so I'm looking atm!

What year are you? I might be interested! Facebook?

First year here didn't get campus so searching for off campus! Link to house or apartment?

Same dilemma no.118! House hunting and looking for peoeple to share with!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

I was wondering if anyone lived at Greenfield Drive, Kingsbry, Carton Court or Beaufield Gardens? How were they? Far away from college?
    :)

I'm a first year as well..I was lookin for a house and this lady replied to me this morning that she has a house available for five (all single rooms) for 335 a month with a 500 deposit, including internet, cable tv, diswasher and the basics...I asked her for a viewing but she hasn't replied to me yet...I'm going to Maynooth on Thursday so I wanna try and sort out some viewings and see how it goes:)
    Already emailed bunch of people so I'll see....
    So if anyone wants to join me Thursday on house hunting you're welcome haha:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Evin (and generally everyone too who visits this forum) take care when posting. Try to keep it in one post so as to avoid double or even triple posting (which is what has happened here where there is a string of posts from the one user without a reply from any other users inbetween. You're new to boards so it's an easy enough mistake. Also it's general good practice to quote the post that you are replying to so there is no confusion as to who's question you're replying to. You have the option of editing your posts so you can put them all in one post and specify who you're talking to with each answer so you'll be able to get a reply from those users :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Lucas14777 wrote: »
    Any other first years looking for somewhere to rent? Since I didn't get campus accommodation I'm starting to look for a place to rent but would prefer it with other first years. Let me know :D

Hey i was in the same boat as you, was looking to get on campus to meet a load of other freshers but didnt get it. Managed to get a room in this place just off campus which you could check out http://www.studentaccommodationmaynooth.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

Hey!
    First year doing History and politics in NUIM!

18, male,
    looking for a single room for like 80 a week?
    anyone else looking around?

music, art, drinking, banter...
    know a good few people in nuim and people going in this year!

going to look around tommorow! have deposit money and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aoife478

Hi I am a first year student in Maynooth who didnt get campus accomodation today and I am now looking for a house/ apartment to share with other first year students. Any suggestions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ceol1991

Girl here looking for a double room, repeating first year and looking for a room can't seem to find one anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stars123

Schonie wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone lived at Greenfield Drive, Kingsbry, Carton Court or Beaufield Gardens? How were they? Far away from college?
    :)

I'm a first year as well..I was lookin for a house and this lady replied to me this morning that she has a house available for five (all single rooms) for 335 a month with a 500 deposit, including internet, cable tv, diswasher and the basics...I asked her for a viewing but she hasn't replied to me yet...I'm going to Maynooth on Thursday so I wanna try and sort out some viewings and see how it goes:)
    Already emailed bunch of people so I'll see....
    So if anyone wants to join me Thursday on house hunting you're welcome haha:P

Hi. I'm a first year who didn't get campus accommodation! Would like to share a house with other first years :) I am going up in the morning to have a look around!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aoife478

Hi I have a two bedroomed apartment in Main Street Maynooth. Looking for a First Year to share with. If anyone is interested PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MalCallan

Yo annoying beast, I have a room goin for 250 a month(If yer stayin for 12 months, or 285 a month if yer stayin only for 9.) Find me on facebook Mal Callan. Graaaaaaaaand

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kellbopper

Evin_Byrne wrote: »
    Same dilemma no.118! House hunting and looking for peoeple to share with!

hey me too, I found a house on Daft.ie, 4-5 people, it looks good,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FionaD2

Hi :) Im in the same position as you. I havn't got campus and would really like to share with first years. What is the name of the area that the accommodation is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Encie

Hark, those on the Cao waiting list for accommodation.
    There's another random selection process for those who have just applied for Campus AND those already on the waiting list.
    8 percent of people waiting for campus will get a place, chosen by random of course. [...]

Are you sure it includes people already on the waiting list? I'm down in the 150's too :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 FionaD2

Encie wrote: »
    Are you sure it includes people already on the waiting list? I'm down in the 150's too :/

Dont think the second draw for accomodation includes those already on the waiting list :/

Advertisement