Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DjAliB

Im in the same boat as most on here because i didnt get campus accommodation either and dont know anyone in maynooth. Anyone have a room to rent please contact me :)

So im 19, going into 1st year biomed, clean and tidy but not over the top, fully house trained and up for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mspoppins

Hey anyone else staying in StudentAccommodationMaynooth I'm a first year studying general science, Nice to know anyone who is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MalCallan

Hi there everyone, room free in our gaff out in meadowbrook lawns, not a big room but a nice house and its only 70 quid a week!. Pm me with yer number if yer interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConorN94

Hey guys I might have a house with two free rooms thats close to town and the college
    Pm me if your interested (first year students preferably)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I'm Looking for a single room in Maynooth somewhere close to the college (Beaufield, Moyglare, Silken Vale etc.) for up to €300/month.
    PM me if you have a room to let. I am second year doing Law with French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

Hi guys,

I still haven't found anywhere in Maynooth. Went looking yesterday with a few other boards members and the houses we viewed were a bit crappy to say the least and way overpriced for what you get. It seems there is nowhere in Maynooth left that is affordable or even nice anymore and houses that are won't let to students.

So I've decided to go with Kilcock instead. It's literally 5 minutes from Maynooth centre on bus/train/car and travel costs would probably only be around 10-15 euro a week. The houses that are there are so much better and a good 80 euro cheaper at least. It seems like a fantastic option to be honest and I can't believe I never thought of it before. I've looked up trains and buses and both go from early morning to late night so there'd be no problems with getting to/from college. And on a night out, you could easily get a taxi for a tenner at most.

If anyone is interested in a house share, let me know via PM as I will be going to view some tomorrow. It would be great if you needed a longer lease too as, like Maynooth, most houses are ony available on a 12 month lease.

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 murphyyy

Hi first year Arts student going into nuim and obviously I didn't get on campus either. Been searching for places but seem to be unable to find anywhere. I saw on the lists that the college sent out that there's a place at Moyglare village for students, it'd be 1500 for rent with 3 single rooms and 1 twin. Not sure if it's still available but if other people are interested I will email the landlord. Or if anyone else is interested in sharing elsewhere, please private message me. Getting pretty nervous about not having a place now!

Btw, I'm 20 and American, but I've lived here for almost 4 here in Kerry. I'm very clean and tidy, and a bit quiet.

murphyyy wrote: »
    Hi first year Arts student going into nuim and obviously I didn't get on campus either. Been searching for places but seem to be unable to find anywhere. I saw on the lists that the college sent out that there's a place at Moyglare village for students, it'd be 1500 for rent with 3 single rooms and 1 twin. Not sure if it's still available but if other people are interested I will email the landlord. Or if anyone else is interested in sharing elsewhere, please private message me. Getting pretty nervous about not having a place now!

Btw, I'm 20 and American, but I've lived here for almost 4 here in Kerry. I'm very clean and tidy, and a bit quiet.

I'm afraid that place is gone, as is pretty much all of the places on that list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 murphyyy

Really?? This is so stressful! I guess I'll definitely have to look elsewhere. Are you still looking for someone to share in Kilcock?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I have friends looking for two roomates if anyone wants to PM me. Will try add more details tomorrow or Fri when I get to a computer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Here's the text I have:
    Hiya, here's the text I have. If you're interested I'll give you the number for em:

If you know anyone looking for a place to rent this year in Maynooth, let them know we have a house that is 270euro for a single room if there are 5 people and 225euro if we get 6 people...we currently have 4 people signed on..thanks(it's the same house we live in) :D

murphyyy wrote: »
    Really?? This is so stressful! I guess I'll definitely have to look elsewhere. Are you still looking for someone to share in Kilcock?

Yep, still looking! Found a couple of nice places! If you're interested, you can PM me with your details and budget etc. Would be great to get someone else on board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DjAliB

Hi Guys looking for a room near the college. Im 20, studying biomedical science... I work full time as a chef so with my unsociable hours itll be hard for me to get to maynooth with a deposit, but can go up early next week if iv somewhere to look at!! Pm me with any details that yis have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Iznat

Hey guys :D

I have a single room in College Green (near to the Newtown Inn), 10-15 mins from campus, washer, dryer, oil heated, chest freezer, fireplace, two bathrooms, living with 3 guys and 1 girl (myself), all 1st/2nd Science students.

It's a nice house in a nice area, 80e/week, with a 320e deposit. PM me with your name, what you're studying, what you're interested in (so we're not *total* strangers) and I'll get back to you asap :D

I know someone needs a room, and I need a person :p

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qp5za/

Sorry guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Storynail

Hey everyone I have a house in Beaufield Lawns with two spaces available in a twin room pm me if interested.
    We are 3 second years and 1 one first year living together.
    Rent is only 65 a week:)
    PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alaixa

ConorN94 wrote: »
    Hey guys I might have a house with two free rooms thats close to town and the college
    Pm me if your interested (first year students preferably)

Hi! I'm interested in one single room!! Is anyone still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Corentin Houchet

Hi all !

I'm a 20 years-old french student in history, and I'm looking for a room in Maynooth for about 10 months. I'm a quiet guy even if i like to have fun sometimes. I'm non-smoker but if you smoke that's not a problem unless you don't smoke on my face.

I'm currently in Dublin, so if you're interested please contact me, so we could meet quickly. I haven't yet a cell phone, sadly. I'll have one ine a few day.

Thanks, Have a good day !

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

So i have a week to get accomodation, anyone else still in the same boat?
    Went up last week and saw some crap houses and been waiting for something to hopefully come up on daft but there has been feck all.
    Anyone up for sharing an apartment or a house PM me. Anyone else been in this situation before maybe give some advice. lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

Storynail wrote: »
    Hey everyone I have a house in Beaufield Lawns with two spaces available in a twin room pm me if interested.
    We are 3 second years and 1 one first year living together.
    Rent is only 65 a week:)
    PM me if interested.

I'm interested!! im so interested Ill pay 70 a week? gowan

I'm interested!! im so interested Ill pay 70 a week? gowan

Why would you offer to pay more? :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Still looking for a room! can pay up to 80 a week!
    Pm if you have a place! or wanna share!

18 male, doing history, into music, art, reading, drinking and having the bant, bita sport!
    non smoker, but I really dont care if people smoke! dont mind if male or female,
    relatively clean and tidy! :)

PM if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Leeway5555

Hey! Am 21 year old 1st year music tech student looking for a room, but theres a problem! I have a cat that must come with me :P Can anyone help?

Not too worried about cost/location as long as its cat friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Leeway5555 wrote: »
    Hey! Am 21 year old 1st year music tech student looking for a room, but theres a problem! I have a cat that must come with me :P Can anyone help?

an awful lot of places wont accept pets just so you know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConorN94

well lads
    still have 2 rooms that need filling...
    both are single rooms and the house is a few minutes away from the campus
    first/second years preferably as there are already 2 first years in the house
    pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanemcquillan

hey guys , i know a guy who has a free room , double bed and ensuite , just a 20 min walk to the college , pm me if you are interested. The house is shared with 3 other second year students, 2 girls and 1 guy ! let me know if you are interested :)

ConorN94 wrote: »
    well lads
    still have 2 rooms that need filling...
    both are single rooms and the house is a few minutes away from the campus
    first/second years preferably as there are already 2 first years in the house
    pm me if interested

Just Pm'ed you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Leeway5555 wrote: »

I'm looking for a place that will accept dogs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanemcquillan

double room with en-suite up for grabs , pm if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deville13

Hey buddies ; )

We are 2 graduated french students, 22y old. We are looking for 2 single rooms, short walk distance from campus if possible.

We can afford a 400€ pppmth rent max. Pm if interrested : )

See ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

hey guys , i know a guy who has a free room , double bed and ensuite , just a 20 min walk to the college , pm me if you are interested. The house is shared with 3 other second year students, 2 girls and 1 guy ! let me know if you are interested :)

hi, how far is the house from the bus stops to dublin and train station?

Advertisement