Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 frankie089

Seren_ wrote: »
    There is meant to be strict enough rules such as a curfew and not allowing people to stay over. I suppose whether or not you think those things are bad though is subjective obviously. Usually those rules would automatically turn most students off, but some would think they're great rules. Personally my main problem with it would be the religious aspect, but that's me. It is in a great location though; literally a 2 minute walk from campus.

Thanks so much for that information!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cherrybottoms

Hey guys!

Im 22, f, studying languages and I am still looking for a room. If anyone still needs someone, please text me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Seren_ wrote: »
    Rye Hall is the oldest accommodation, so a lot of the apartments aren't great. It's generally viewed as the worst place to live on campus. I lived in Village and River. Village was noisy, but I didn't mind that too much as i'm a heavy sleeper. River is alright, but too expensive imo. Re: roommates, it's really a mixed bag, same as anywhere else. You could end up with people who are really noisy and messy, but you could get lovely people too. The furnishings are standard and the apartments are usually clean enough. Obviously how clean it is during the year depends on you and your housemates. If something breaks, it can take a while for it to get fixed.

Generally I wouldn't recommend living on campus as it's too noisy and expensive, but if you're new to Maynooth, it's a great way to get to know people and the area. No harm in looking for a place off campus though. Rents are usually a lot lower.

Re: the Student Accommodation Maynooth place - I've heard nothing but bad reports, but that is mainly based on rumours. It's apparently ran by a strict religious group.
    Thats the thing i've noticed from maynooth friends who lived on campus, it doesnt matter which apartments you live in, be it river, rye or village...bad house mates will make you hate being there...whereas the good ones can make the worst apartments great :)
    I lived in River, spent some time in village with peeps and the odd time in rye. Each has some advantages over the other (how bout those big ass bedrooms in rye folks?) but its the housemates that make it. I was in a double room in first year so a bad roomate could've made my year hell. But thankfully i got to share with a class dude who was doing one of the same subjects as me and it was great.

Though I will say this...I have no experience in this respect of other apartments...but River's walls are paper thin... o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ginnie

Hey everyone,
    I am an Erasmus student from Germany and I'm going to study in Maynooth for 9 months, starting in September. I am still looking for a place to live at the moment, so if there's anybody here who is looking for someone to share a house with, pm me please! :)
    I'm a girl, 23 years old, and I study English and Biology. I would love to live with people whose first language is English, seeing as I'm studying English - a good mixture of Irish and international students would be great for example. I would love a room with a desk, but that isn't a must. Would be great if it wasn't party 24/7. ;) So if you're still looking for someone or have a room to offer, just write me a message!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Just want to mention this, Try make sure your house has an alarm + decent locks! I was broken into in October (beaufield) and I wouldn't want anyone to go through that. Talk to your landlord and see if you can negotiate something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 put your hands up

hey i'm looking for somewhere to live in september. if anyone wants to join forces i don't know anyone looking for a place in maynooth. i'm 26 and i'll be starting first year in september. if anyone of sort of similar age is looking also?

oh yeah, anyone local know is there a bus service around maynooth? i know the 67 goes there from town but is there a bus for getting around the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

hey i'm looking for somewhere to live in september. if anyone wants to join forces i don't know anyone looking for a place in maynooth. i'm 26 and i'll be starting first year in september. if anyone of sort of similar age is looking also?

oh yeah, anyone local know is there a bus service around maynooth? i know the 67 goes there from town but is there a bus for getting around the town?

Regarding the bus, there is no need for a bus around the town. It's really small!!! You can walk everywhere in a max of 30 minutes from one end to another and that's a generous estimate!!

kellief wrote: »
    Regarding the bus, there is no need for a bus around the town. It's really small!!! You can walk everywhere in a max of 30 minutes from one end to another and that's a generous estimate!!
    except for the end of Silken vale....but nobody wants to go there... evil trip to have to make after night out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 put your hands up

good to know thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cones

Single Room Available
    Silken Vale Estate.
    Couple of minutes walk to main town area.
    Extremely nice, clean house.
    Easy going relaxed atmosphere.
    Looking for male or female, aged 20+.
    Sharing with 2 males in their mid twenties. 1 worker and 1 student.
    €75 per week. (€300 per month)

PM me for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jarhead99

Hey! Twin room available in Beaufield. Should be around 65-70 euro per week. If anyones interested send me a PM. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crismaynooth

Hello everyone hows things!

I'm Cristina from Barcelona (Spain), student of Modern Languages and Literature, and I will be at Maynooth for the next two semesters - Sept 2012 til June 2013 ... at least. I'm looking for a room in a shared house/apartment, not too far away from the centre, I'd like to move in at the end of August/begining of September If you have a place please send me a pm and I will reply inmediately.

Thanks for reading :)

Cris

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cherrybottoms

Still looking..you can also contact me on facebook! www.facebook.com/linhdimoon
    Hey guys!

Im 22, f, studying languages and I am still looking for a room. If anyone still needs someone, please text me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 katieom

Looking for a room from september 1st. Pref just off main st or in Lyreen manor.
    Anyone with a spare room/ know of one please let me kno!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

kellief wrote: »

A bus would be really awesome though, on those wet and/frosty winter mornings when you've a 9am lecture and just cant will yourself to make the walk in.... especially if your the wrong side of bond bridge , which is just the most evil mass of concrete and tarmac imaginable, especially on a bike !

Anyways on a more on-topic note.... If ANYONE HAS A ROOM AVAILABLE (or knows about one) PM me, Please and thank you!!:D

katieom wrote: »
    Looking for a room from september 1st. Pref just off main st or in Lyreen manor.
    Anyone with a spare room/ know of one please let me kno!

Theres a few in lyreen manor afair on the list I got off the college the other day I can give it to you if you like ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 katieom

oooh do you have an email of it!? that would be awesome!!! if so ill PM you ma Mail addy!

katieom wrote: »
    oooh do you have an email of it!? that would be awesome!!! if so ill PM you ma Mail addy!

....or Facebook :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Theres a few in lyreen manor afair on the list I got off the college the other day I can give it to you if you like ? :D

Would you mind terribly if I asked you to send that onto me too?:)

girlonfire wrote: »
    Would you mind terribly if I asked you to send that onto me too?:)

Yeah sure no problem , PM me your email and I'll forward it to you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 candles_

Hi everyone! Heading to Maynooth to do a masters in September. If anyone is looking for a housemate pm me please!

NOTE: ANYONE LOOKING FOR THE HOUSING LIST

It is available by contacting the residence office at : residence.office@nuim.ie

They make regular amendments and updates to it and will email it upon request to you.

that is all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 havingthecraic

I'm starting a Masters here in September and since I'm new to Maynooth and don't know the town at all, where would you recommend to live? I've seen a lot in the Parklamds area but I'm not sure if it's far from college? I want to be fairly close but want to live in a decent house/area too!! Thanks in advance!

I'm starting a Masters here in September and since I'm new to Maynooth and don't know the town at all, where would you recommend to live? I've seen a lot in the Parklamds area but I'm not sure if it's far from college? I want to be fairly close but want to live in a decent house/area too!! Thanks in advance!
    Map (needs updating) of Housing estates in relation to campus
    maymap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Parklands extends pretty far back, so you could get lucky and be with a 10/15 minute walk, or you could be much more. I mean they just keep going further and further!
    Anywhere in Beaufield, Meadowbrook, Moyglare Village or Abbey are all within the 10 minute walk, and good numbers of students living there so always safe when walking home after nights out or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hammel7117

Hey I am a 2nd year postgrad looking for a room around Maynooth asap. If anybody has anything available to view, PM me.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fizzics

Hi, I'm a PhD student, looking for a room in Maynooth, preferably with a double bed and not too far from the university. If anybody has anything available, pm me! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Annie89

Hi everyone,

I still haven't found a room to let for wintersemester.
    Does anybody know
    - friends that are looking for a flatmate?
    - landlords who still have rooms to let?

or ist anybody interested in renting a house to share?

Please PM me if you know about accomodation available...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ceol1991

Myself (girl) and my gf are looking for a double room to rent anyone no on thats available at all thats close to the college and not too expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Hi I got my offer from maynooth there today just a quick question regarding accommodation.
    I applied for the on campus accommodation but am in the high 30s on the cao waiting list on the website so i figure thats out the window
    Whats the off campus student accommodation like? Is it easy to meet other freshers and the likes? questions a bit vague i know but any info is appreciated thank you :)

Advertisement