Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Stratige wrote: »
    Grow up man, jesus.

Seriously, what age are you?

I dunno man, I think while it DOES seem a little immature we must remember we are posting in a forum about a video game, hardly a crucible of maturity tbh.

We are in the unique position here that if there is a disagreement about someones skill it can be settled beyond a shadow of a doubt fairly easily.

The challenge was put down and one guy declined..... you cant really get any fairer than that like?

(I'm 25 btw seeing as this is the new thing to do! lol :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

hightower1 wrote: »
    I dunno man, I think while it DOES seem a little immature we must remember we are posting in a forum about a video game, hardly a crucible of maturity tbh.

We are in the unique position here that if there is a disagreement about someones skill it can be settled beyond a shadow of a doubt fairly easily.

The challenge was put down and one guy declined..... you cant really get any fairer than that like?

If you read what we were arguing about you would have seen it had nothing to do with skill level . It actually had to do with the mechanics of the game/knowing what happens in certain game modes . This lad tried to make me look like a twit, but made himself look like one in the process *then reported me* . Is he better at me at the game ? possible .........tbh I couldnt care less ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Stratige

Yes, but we are all adults I presume, not puberty hormone fuelled teenegers feeling the need to prove out superiority through our "skill" in a video game.
    Is he better at me at the game ? possible .........tbh I couldnt care less
    That's maturity, unlike some people in the forum... callaway92

Sorry what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Woooooooow, a little perspective lads come on its only a game and its a forum there are bound to be disagreements and hotheadedness yeah, lets just chalk it down to that and get back on topic yeah?

All I was saying if you disagree with someone here regardless of how it started they can settle it in a one on one match. It doesnt mean the winner would is right in the original reason for the disagreement or that everything they say is right ..... just use the game as a way to settle the afore mentioned agro instead of the thread being dragged off topic.

Remember some things may be childish, but too and fro bickering on a forum is also childish.... I should know I have engaged in my fair share. :D

• Advertisement

Woooooooow, a little perspective lads come on its only a game and its a forum there are bound to be disagreements and hotheadedness yeah, lets just chalk it down to that and get back on topic yeah?

All I was saying if you disagree with someone here regardless of how it started they can settle it in a one on one match. It doesnt mean the winner would is right in the original reason for the disagreement or that everything they say is right ..... just use the game as a way to settle the afore mentioned agro instead of the thread being dragged off topic.

Remember some things may be childish, but too and fro bickering on a forum is also childish.... I should know I have engaged in my fair share. :D
    Ah get off your hightower lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yes, but we are all adults I presume, not puberty hormone fuelled teenegers feeling the need to prove out superiority through our "skill" in a video game.

piffle, I'll use Street Fighter 2 to win arguments until the end of time :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

COD4 (realize this is a MW2 thread) ;)

Got a sexy double head shot in SnD on Downpour from just about the off. My useless team are all dead soon after. Whip out the W1200 and go to town. Get one then two then three more kills in quick succession. Wandering around looking for the next guy. I climb up the little digger, jump up on the small barn house roof. Spot your man beside the water towers.

Feel like a right cocky so and so. Proceed to pull out my R700. Jump off the roof and do the bounce(presume majority know it) with a good few twirls thrown in and boom, no scope the poor guy. Ace. Finished 15 and 1. My single death came from me eh fragging myself in the first round :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've been playing around with different weapons/strategies lately. I'm absolutely terrible at knifing people when I run into them, I always freeze and end up getting stabbed so I said I'd create a class and get some practice in. The Magnum is my second weapon and I'm aiming towards getting the tactical knife add-on.

Playing Underpass yesterday and I came around by the shipping containers and took a fellow down with the SCAR-H. He respawned more or less in the same area and I took him down again with the same weapon. I figured after being shot twice that he'd come back for a revenge kill so I huddled in the grass by the opposite wall and waited for him to come running past me. He duely did and I shot him with the Magnum. I moved on elsewhere in the map and received a message.

It was from the fellow I'd killed 3 times telling me not to camp and that I should f*ck off and find another game. I replied that I hadn't been camping as I had spent the whole game moving from area to area. He replied that I was just a camper and yadda yadda yadda. My message back to him was that he should just get better at the game and not be so predictable. I was going to get snotty and point out his 15 deaths/1 kill in the game but I didn't sink that low. Silly people- they make me laugh.

I've been playing around with different weapons/strategies lately. I'm absolutely terrible at knifing people when I run into them, I always freeze and end up getting stabbed so I said I'd create a class and get some practice in. The Magnum is my second weapon and I'm aiming towards getting the tactical knife add-on.

Playing Underpass yesterday and I came around by the shipping containers and took a fellow down with the SCAR-H. He respawned more or less in the same area and I took him down again with the same weapon. I figured after being shot twice that he'd come back for a revenge kill so I huddled in the grass by the opposite wall and waited for him to come running past me. He duely did and I shot him with the Magnum. I moved on elsewhere in the map and received a message.

It was from the fellow I'd killed 3 times telling me not to camp and that I should f*ck off and find another game. I replied that I hadn't been camping as I had spent the whole game moving from area to area. He replied that I was just a camper and yadda yadda yadda. My message back to him was that he should just get better at the game and not be so predictable. I was going to get snotty and point out his 15 deaths/1 kill in the game but I didn't sink that low. Silly people- they make me laugh.

He was right you did camp

You were right ..........he was predictable ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

He was right you did camp

You were right ..........he was predictable ;)

I was there for all of 10 seconds- not what I would have thought normally constituted camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I was there for all of 10 seconds- not what I would have thought normally constituted camping.

Dont worry , pause to scratch your arse and your accused of camping :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

A team mate dropped a care package on me.He was p1ssing himself laughing over the mike as was I(dont have a mike)I respawn ran over the bridge at the bottom of the map when the same player dropped an emergancy airdrop on me!Embarrassed isnt the word but it was funny:o

EDIT:map was overgrown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

Splashed out on a HDTV yesterday and difference is unreal, can't believe I went so long without having one for this game. I was at a disadvantage for so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Always had the hdtv for the xbox. I dread to know what its like on the ordinary tv.

Oh and I love the W1200!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Oh and I love the W1200!

I don't understand why they didn't bring in some extra guns with the DLC. I mean the W1200 was already in the Campaign, so what's the problem with including it in the multi-player.

It'd be nice to have bits like that included as well as just the maps. Was there any history of including weapons in DLC for COD4 or WAW??

shawpower wrote: »
    I don't understand why they didn't bring in some extra guns with the DLC. I mean the W1200 was already in the Campaign, so what's the problem with including it in the multi-player.

It'd be nice to have bits like that included as well as just the maps. Was there any history of including weapons in DLC for COD4 or WAW??

Nope, at least when it came to COD4.

IW/Activision cannot be bothered I bet or perhaps they feel it could draw more hassle for them, people asking for guns to be added = people also asking for perks and attachments removed. Perhaps that's their thinking. Majority of people only want one gun from, the M40 Sniper. Personally would have liked to see the classic MP5, G3, G36C, AK74u, W1200 and R700 some way included :p Probably asking for a tad much but over what 3 DLC packs? It could have been done.

WOOHOO!!!!

Xboxsupport.jpg

Should have my XBox back in a short while, so I'll be getting my MW2 fix again. :) It's only gone two weeks, but it feels like at least double that!!

Then it's just a matter of a figuring out what accessories I need to keep, how to transfer data to not lose anything, then down to the closest GAME/Gamestop to trade in for a new Jasper model. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

WOOHOO!!!!

:)

Tried Clive's TB headset last night, fookin hell, the sound and new things you hear is absolutely incredible!!

• Advertisement

WOOHOO!!!!

Xboxsupport.jpg

Should have my XBox back in a short while, so I'll be getting my MW2 fix again. :) It's only gone two weeks, but it feels like at least double that!!

Then it's just a matter of a figuring out what accessories I need to keep, how to transfer data to not lose anything, then down to the closest GAME/Gamestop to trade in for a new Jasper model. :)

Pffft try 3 months :(

Though admittedly I have played around a handful of hours of COD4 in total on my mates PS3.

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Tried Clive's TB headset last night, fookin hell, the sound and new things you hear is absolutely incredible!!

Yeah, I tried to tell you guys. :) My trigger fingers are twitching at the thought of getting back to it.
    Pffft try 3 months :(

Though admittedly I have played around a handful of hours of COD4 in total on my mates PS3.

What's they're excuse for taking so long? Surely your entitled to a replacement if they take that amount of time over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Good news Rob , hopefully it wont be too long.

HD PVR arrived today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Shammy wrote: »
    Good news Rob , hopefully it wont be too long.

HD PVR arrived today :D

shammytube.com !!

Enigma IE wrote: »
    shammytube.com !!

Class. I'd love to hear a live game recorded when Danger is playing!

Brian, you'll be under pressure to ease off on the "lurking" so you're not outted on ShammyTube!!

I saw a video yesterday evening on YouTube with one guy I know featuring in it. He went 9-7 or something, so wasn't horrendous stuff. But still, it'll put pressure on us to raise our game!!!

Yeah, I tried to tell you guys. :) My trigger fingers are twitching at the thought of getting back to it.

What's they're excuse for taking so long? Surely your entitled to a replacement if they take that amount of time over it.

No excuse shaw. I'm well out of warranty(near orginal release phat PS3) and has YLOD. It's a long story and I have tried to get it fixed once locally but they said I'd have to wait for another 2-3 weeks to sort it out cause they are missing some instruments or something. Should be in there on Saturday again to drop the PS3 in again. I need to back everything up and then trade it in for a Slim though a 360 has been tempting me for a while now.

My craving for some online gaming is at breaking point now, 3 f'n months :( :pac:

No excuse shaw. I'm well out of warranty(near orginal release phat PS3) and has YLOD. It's a long story and I have tried to get it fixed once locally but they said I'd have to wait for another 2-3 weeks to sort it out cause they are missing some instruments or something. Should be in there on Saturday again to drop the PS3 in again. I need to back everything up and then trade it in for a Slim though a 360 has been tempting me for a while now.

My craving for some online gaming is at breaking point now, 3 f'n months :( :pac:

Any idea how much you'd have to pay after trading in your PS3 ?

Any idea how much you'd have to pay after trading in your PS3 ?

40GB, I was quoted at 170 euros in Gamestop and GAME to trade in. I have a friend who says Smyths offered 200 but that was just before Xmas last year and he reckons they mixed it up with a 60GB somehow. Shall be checking it out myself in hopefully a week or two.

120GB Slim is 299 euros(?) I think, though I could be getting that mixed up with the bundle deals they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

WOOHOO!!!!

Should not be long now Rob. Then back to the action. I've a few things I wanna try tonight with my classes, god I wish this bleedin game wasn't so addictive......
    I NEED SLEEP !!!!!!

• Advertisement

claiva wrote: »
    Should not be long now Rob. Then back to the action. I've a few things I wanna try tonight with my classes, god I wish this bleedin game wasn't so addictive......
    I NEED SLEEP !!!!!!

So what did you try and did it work?

Advertisement