Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Feck, I was hoping for a Nicky/Tommy Dunne dream team, I wonder who will be favourite to get the job now?

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Feck, I was hoping for a Nicky/Tommy Dunne dream team, I wonder who will be favourite to get the job now?

Tommy hasn't ruled himself out and quit the Toomevara post.
    Do we need to move to an era of full time coaches? i mean the GAA would want to really get real in one way as its not realistic to expect a guy to do a demanding 40 hour week and instill a professional set-up in any given county.

even if they gave the players of today some encouragement and incentives to take up careers in areas that they could supplement it with coaching, it might be worth a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Jaysus Lads there's not much left after Nicky ruling himself out,I'm getting worried now.:(

Declan Fanning announced his intercounty retirement today. A good bloke is Declan and i'm delighted he got his all Ireland medal.

Article here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Declan Fanning announced his intercounty retirement today. A good bloke is Declan and i'm delighted he got his all Ireland medal.

Article here

Thats a pity, he's a fine hurler. He had a great game in the final this year.

Looks like there's a few pieces to be picked up for the championship next year now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

That is a Beautiful sight, I must invest in a new Tipperary top my other one has shrunk of iv'e got bigger not sure which :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

A good West man in charge of the county!

Might be able to get a few more on the team now

That's good news as far as I'm concerned,I think Declan and Tommy will do well for us,is Liam Cahill on board aswell ? Best of luck to them anyway...Up the Premier..

This is good news, hopefully they can keep the ship sailing as Kelly put it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

Still no white smoke from the County Board yet though, any ideas why?

BOSTIK wrote: »
    Still no white smoke from the County Board yet though, any ideas why?

More a case of protocol id say. Not confirming it until it has been rubber stamped and all the loose ends tied up.

See Festy released 'The Galtee mountain boy' ep :) Bought a copy in the local shop today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

More a case of protocol id say. Not confirming it until it has been rubber stamped and all the loose ends tied up.

See Festy released 'The Galtee mountain boy' ep :) Bought a copy in the local shop today
    What other songs are on it Tippgunner?

looder wrote: »
    What other songs are on it Tippgunner?

Slievenamon
    The boys of Blue and Gold
    The hills of Killenaule

And there is a bonus dvd with Festy's rendition at the trophy presentation

Slievenamon
    The boys of Blue and Gold
    The hills of Killenaule

And there is a bonus dvd with Festy's rendition at the trophy presentation

Where did ya get it? I'd pick it up if I saw it around Clonmel now

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Where did ya get it? I'd pick it up if I saw it around Clonmel now

Picked it up in a newsagent in mullinahone

EDIT: Apt that Mullinahone mentioned in my 2000 post :D

Borrisokane in Munster IH final. they will play Ballymartle after an impressive 7 point win over Roanmore.

Another shout goes out to St Patrick's who will fly the flag for South Tipperary in the Munster junior hurling championship. would be terrific for such a small little club to make an appearance on Jones road in February.

Aherlow the county football champions. Well done to them. No doubt "That'll be another heavy night in the glen" and hopefully Effin Eddie took the mic again for the big occasion
    :D:D:D

last but not least Best of luck to the Sars next Sunday

Interesting article with Declan Fanning on todays indo.

Made me have a re-think about Dinny Cahill i can tell ya

Just had a read of that article,very good read,Dinny Cahill was wrong !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ryan appointed as Tipperary hurling manager

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/1109/ryand_tipperary.html

Declan Ryan will be joined by Tommy Dunne as coach and selector Michael Gleeson.

Not a bad team we've got there, not bad at all, hopefully Deckie can keep the ball rolling for the blue and gold!!

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Ryan appointed as Tipperary hurling manager

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/1109/ryand_tipperary.html

Declan Ryan will be joined by Tommy Dunne as coach and selector Michael Gleeson.

Not a bad team we've got there, not bad at all, hopefully Deckie can keep the ball rolling for the blue and gold!!

Gleeson meant to be a very good coach. Eamonn O'Shea was unreal and if truth be known the other two were reluctant to carry on without him as he supposedly was meant to be heading to US this year anyway. not to say Liam or Michael Ryan weren't good also but o'shea is said to be very shrewd man.
    we still have Cian o'Neill and Tommy Dunne no stranger to the players either so i am positive.

Tiobraid Arann abu

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Gleeson meant to be a very good coach. Eamonn O'Shea was unreal and if truth be known the other two were reluctant to carry on without him as he supposedly was meant to be heading to US this year anyway. not to say Liam or Michael Ryan weren't good also but o'shea is said to be very shrewd man.
    we still have Cian o'Neill and Tommy Dunne no stranger to the players either so i am positive.

Tiobraid Arann abu

I'd imagine it'll be Tommy that'll be doing the coaching. Think its a great team. Was getting worried about who they'd appoint but I think this is a great team put together. Tommy & Dec have worked together before to great success and Glesson has been doing wonders for Sars the last two years. Hopefully they'll continue the success from last year for a good few more years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

jonnybravo wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be Tommy that'll be doing the coaching. Think its a great team. Was getting worried about who they'd appoint but I think this is a great team put together. Tommy & Dec have worked together before to great success and Glesson has been doing wonders for Sars the last two years. Hopefully they'll continue the success from last year for a good few more years!!
    Gleeson worked with these two at minor level I think too.

jonnybravo wrote: »

Oh my mistake that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

Its a good appointment I think. I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully we will be celebrating 2 in a row next year!!!

Best of luck to them,they have a good young team to work with and I hope they can bring the best out of them.

Good man Declan. Take note Babs

Hoganstand

Hoganstand

Ryan pays tribute to old guard
    Tipperary's Declan Ryan
    11 November 2010

Newly-appointed Tipperary senior hurling boss Declan Ryan has hailed the work of his predecessor and his think-tank.

Ryan lauded the efforts of Liam McCarthy Cup-winning crew Liam Sheedy (manager) and selectors Michael Ryan and Eamonn O'Shea.

"There is a fantastic group of players there and great credit to Liam, Mick and Eamonn for fostering the goodwill and the family spirit that is in the squad there at the minute," said the current Premier County boss.

"There is an awful lot of credit due to the family team that have resigned. I suppose to be fair, everyone in Tipp would've liked to see them staying on for another year. But it didn't work out that way so I wish them the best of luck."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

Borrisokane in Munster IH final. they will play Ballymartle after an impressive 7 point win over Roanmore.

Another shout goes out to St Patrick's who will fly the flag for South Tipperary in the Munster junior hurling championship. would be terrific for such a small little club to make an appearance on Jones road in February.

Aherlow the county football champions. Well done to them. No doubt "That'll be another heavy night in the glen" and hopefully Effin Eddie took the mic again for the big occasion
    :D:D:D

last but not least Best of luck to the Sars next Sunday

Congratulations to Ballymartle for dishing out a trimming to Borrisokane on a scoreline of 2-14 to 0-08.Fantastic result and well done

zinx wrote: »
    Congratulations to Ballymartle for dishing out a trimming to Borrisokane on a scoreline of 2-14 to 0-08.Fantastic result and well done

Great year for KK hurling

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Great year for KK hurling

it begins again eh Ger!

ill leave this man have the final word :p

latmr.jpg

Advertisement