Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Kelly turning the screw now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Midlands radio is working fine

nice one, I'll get the rest so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

0-18 to 0-9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Now a possible Offaly score, Umpires disagree. Score stays at 0-18 to 0-10

Tipp go straight up the field and e Kelly scores a point.

0-19 to 0-10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

We seem to be hurling well anyway. Roll on next Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

must be nearly over lads? final score when ye get a chance. thanks

Tipp made hard work of that one. Lar and Noel completely gone off the boil. I think it might give them a wake up call if Buggy or Mikey Heffernan came in for them next week. Offaly drove cruel wides in the game esp first half, wides that big Joe and co wont be so generous to us with next week.
    Again what came off the bench made no impact. Pa, Callanan, Johno or Hennessey (not right to play him in half fwd line in fairness to him).

Orizio wrote: »
    Will it be streaming?

why would you want to know? :D would you not follow your own crowd down in wexford park?
    :pac::pac:

whats the story lads? do ye think we will get ovr the galway hurdle net week? its gonna be tough. it looks to me , at this stage of the year that they are missing a bit of heart and passion in the jersey? what do ye reckon?

tom thum wrote: »
    whats the story lads? do ye think we will get ovr the galway hurdle net week? its gonna be tough. it looks to me , at this stage of the year that they are missing a bit of heart and passion in the jersey? what do ye reckon?

Its going to be tough Tom that's for sure.
    Worryingly the subs who came in today made no impact and didnt set a maker for themselves at all

• Advertisement

Its going to be tough Tom that's for sure.
    Worryingly the subs who came in today made no impact and didnt set a maker for themselves at all
    thats the killer. it seems as if they dont get a start that they know they will get a run anyway. they dont seem to mind not starting. pity they dont have munster players attitude. those lads would die for the jersey. ( well almost ) . i think thats all we are missing. even without a great half forward line. i still think if they had the heart they would be 100 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

You could say the same of Galway though, would still fancy us to win but can't see us getting past Waterford unless there's a marked improvement.

You could say the same of Galway though, would still fancy us to win but can't see us getting past Waterford unless there's a marked improvement.
    and i think we would have better hurlers than waterford, but we dont have half the passion and belief. it sickens me cos ud think the younger lads coming intom the senior set up would be wicked eager and be pushing hard for places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tipp made hard work of that one. Lar and Noel completely gone off the boil. I think it might give them a wake up call if Buggy or Mikey Heffernan came in for them next week. Offaly drove cruel wides in the game esp first half, wides that big Joe and co wont be so generous to us with next week.
    Again what came off the bench made no impact. Pa, Callanan, Johno or Hennessey (not right to play him in half fwd line in fairness to him).
    I wouldn't agree that we made hard work of it,we were never in danger from start to finish although we did ease off towards the end like we did against Wexford,however I do agree with you on Lar and Noel both were really off the boil today,the thing is Lar could play great the next day but Noel hasn't had a good game yet this year,we really need the likes of Noel to perform in Croke park next Sunday.great to see young players like Brendan Maher,Gar Ryan and David Young play so well yesterday.I would have to say yhough that Offaly were awful, I expected a bigger challenge from them and to think it took Galway 2 games to beat them...best of luck to Tipp next Sunday in Croker,I think we will win it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

and i think we would have better hurlers than waterford, but we dont have half the passion and belief. it sickens me cos ud think the younger lads coming intom the senior set up would be wicked eager and be pushing hard for places.

Now if only you had posted that on the Waterford forums where you have spent a lot of time stirring sh1t !

So Tipp don't have half of our passion and belief - good to know , thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

I agree but I don't understand why thats the case. It's not like we've won back to back All Irelands, I thought they'd be even hungrier after last season.

Fair play to Waterford though four good players and a very fit and motivated squad. Fitzgerald is a stain on the sport but he knows how to get the maximum out of a team.

deise blue wrote: »
    Now if only you had posted that on the Waterford forums where you have spent a lot of time stirring sh1t !

So Tipp don't have half of our passion and belief - good to know , thanks for that.
    if u look back over my posts i never mentioned anything about waterfords passion and belief in any of those forums. i would still question their hurling though. even if they win the all ireland, it would have been abad year , cos i dont think they are anywhere near being the best team in the country. enough about waterford anyway, this is the Tipp discussion thread. why do u think i went to the waterford forum? to talk about waterford , of course.

if u look back over my posts i never mentioned anything about waterfords passion and belief in any of those forums. i would still question their hurling though. even if they win the all ireland, it would have been abad year , cos i dont think they are anywhere near being the best team in the country. enough about waterford anyway, this is the Tipp discussion thread. why do u think i went to the waterford forum? to talk about waterford , of course.

I really don't believe that Tipp lack passion or belief and I feel that they merely had an off day against Cork , however if you as a Tipp fan who has presumably seen all their championship games live tells me that they are essentially spineless then I have to believe you.

I really don't believe that Tipp lack passion or belief and I feel that they merely had an off day against Cork , however if you as a Tipp fan who has presumably seen all their championship games live tells me that they are essentially spineless then I have to believe you.
    if they were spineless they wouldnt be playing at all. i believe we need a bit of passion and desire. that can be fied. where as, in my opinion, waterford have the passion and desire. tis in the hurling they are lacking. anyway, anough about waterford. this is a tipperary hurling discussion thread. so keep to the topic. thank you.

if they were spineless they wouldnt be playing at all. i believe we need a bit of passion and desire. that can be fied. where as, in my opinion, waterford have the passion and desire. tis in the hurling they are lacking. anyway, anough about waterford. this is a tipperary hurling discussion thread. so keep to the topic. thank you.

Get a grip , my last post was all about Tipp.

I cannot imagine a Tipp team hurling without passion never mind without belief.

You avoided my comment about attendance at the Cork and Offaly games , were you at these games or are you merely an armchair supporter hurling away merrily on the ditch ?

• Advertisement

You avoided my comment about attendance at the Cork and Offaly games , were you at these games or are you merely an armchair supporter hurling away merrily on the ditch ?

I think what Tom was getting at was that it is a worrying state of affairs that KK can bring on a Taggy Fogarty or a Richie Mulhall and they will make a mark but even subs i rate highly as hurlers in tipp can come on and make no impact or statement whatsoever. Indeed Dan Shanahan has his critics but what an impact sub to bring on.

If Taggy or Gorta or whoever came on for KK and had the lame efforts for points one or two certain subs had on Sunday, Cody would kick the arse's off them on sideline. Seamie Callanan for a guy who was dropped didn't respond in the best possible manner either imo. I'm a great admirer of Pa, Johno and Callanan but i do think they and others need to take the bull by the horns more. Tipp may have had the game won but it is the lads who won them the game will start the next day unless they give Sheedy something to think about.
    Alot of teams would match KK's 15 but no one would match their 35 and that, in the modern day, is where All Ireland's will be won and lost.

Look im only the hurler on the ditch myself and id say inter-county hurlers on boards are very few if any but if there was no opinions then there would be no interest in the game

as far as this year goes. then i am an " armchair supporter" as you put it. im unemployed and therefore , cannot afford to attend these matches. but, i do attend my share of club games. where it matters. grassroots level.

well lads. due to work commitments , i wont be there tomorrow but i was just wondering is it on telly? i couldnt see it being advertised anywhere. thanks

Unemployed eh ?

Yet you missed the most recent game due to " work commitments ?

Is it only me or does anyone else smell bullsh1t ?

Unemployed eh ?

funnily enough, i dont like admitting im unemployed.but the fact that i am has nothing to do with tipperary hurling

Unemployed eh ?

Entirely his own business. Now leave us to talk about our county hurling team in peace if you are not going to make an objective and grown up contribution to this discussion

Entirely his own business. Now leave us to talk about our county hurling team in peace if you are not going to make an objective and grown up contribution to this discussion

Certainly Tipp Gunner , I have absolutely no problem with you.

Tom Thum however came on to the Waterford forum and by trolling wrecked 2 threads and was banned.

He intimated that he had detrimental info regarding our Eoin Kelly and then refused to elucidate on same when challenged.

On this thread he has claimed he missed the Offaly game due to work commitments and then later bizarrely claimed the reason he missed the game was that he couldn't afford to go as he is currently unemployed !!

Hopefully as Tom Thum has now been revealed as a teller of tall tales he will learn his lesson and avoid trolling on other county's sites as two can play that game.

See ya.

Certainly Tipp Gunner , I have absolutely no problem with you.

Tom Thum however came on to the Waterford forum and by trolling wrecked 2 threads and was banned.

He intimated that he had detrimental info regarding our Eoin Kelly and then refused to elucidate on same when challenged.

On this thread he has claimed he missed the Offaly game due to work commitments and then later bizarrely claimed the reason he missed the game was that he couldn't afford to go as he is currently unemployed !!

Hopefully as Tom Thum has now been revealed as a teller of tall tales he will learn his lesson and avoid trolling on other county's sites as two can play that game.

See ya.

Build a bridge Mr Deise Blue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Deise Blue, if you don't stop making personal accusations and dragging this thread off-topic, I will ban you.

Talk about Tipperary hurling in this thread or don't talk at all.

Deise Blue, if you don't stop making personal accusations and dragging this thread off-topic, I will ban you.

Talk about Tipperary hurling in this thread or don't talk at all.

The 'lord' has spoken :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I'd say I've heard the same rumours about Waterford's Eoin Kelly's personal life as Tom. I heard it a good while ago and wasn't one bit surprised but that a whole can of worms I'm not opening up.

What do ye think will be the team for Sunday lads?

I'd go with the following if I was Sheedy:

Cummins

Paddy Saint
    Maher
    Curran

Fanning
    O Mahony
    Young

Brendan Maher
    Shane McGrath

Gar. Ryan
    Callinan
    Bonnar Maher

Noel McGrath
    Lar
    Eoin Kelly

I know I'm after making a few changes to the last day but I think Paudi would relish marking Canning. I dropped Micky Cahill as I though he wasn't great the last two games and brought Callinan back in centre forward also.

Advertisement