Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

looder wrote: »
    I'd say I've heard the same rumours about Waterford's Eoin Kelly's personal life as Tom. I heard it a good while ago and wasn't one bit surprised but that a whole can of worms I'm not opening up.

What do ye think will be the team for Sunday lads?

I'd go with the following if I was Sheedy:

Cummins

Paddy Saint
    Maher
    Curran

Fanning
    O Mahony
    Young

Brendan Maher
    Shane McGrath

Gar. Ryan
    Callinan
    Bonnar Maher

Noel McGrath
    Lar
    Eoin Kelly

I know I'm after making a few changes to the last day but I think Paudi would relish marking Canning. I dropped Micky Cahill as I though he wasn't great the last two games and brought Callinan back in centre forward also.

Id agree with you on that team. Cahill has certainly been very poor both at u21 level and against Offaly but i suppose you could make same argument about Lar and Noel McGrath. Still both can turn it on in an instant. Cahill maybe lacking experience of hurling probably more then he has ever hurled as he was very good in the league

So same team named bar Bonnar on the 40 and shane mcgrath wing fwd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

So same team named bar Bonnar on the 40 and shane mcgrath wing fwd?
    Sure is:

Tipperary have named the same 15 which started in last Sunday's victory over Offaly for Sunday's GAA Hurling Senior Championship quarter final against Galway. There is one positional switch - Shane McGrath is named at left half forward and Patrick "Bonner" Maher at centre forward.

The team is

1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon Grange)
    2. Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh)
    3. Paul Curran (Mullinahone)
    4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)
    5. Declan Fanning (Killenaule)
    6. Conor O'Mahony (Newport)
    7. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
    8. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)
    9. David Young (Toomevara)
    10. Gearóid Ryan (Templederry Kenyons)
    11. Patrick Maher (Lorrha and Dorrha)
    12. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)
    13. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    14. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)
    15. Eoin Kelly (Mullinahone) Captain

It'll be interesting to see if they start as selected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I reckon we will take them today. We have enough fire power, I see no reason why we wont beat them. It wont be easy by any means, dont get me wrong, but I dont really get this whole lack of passion thing. Wait till out boys grace the soil of croker in a few hours, we'll see passion then lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I reckon we will take them today. We have enough fire power, I see no reason why we wont beat them. It wont be easy by any means, dont get me wrong, but I dont really get this whole lack of passion thing. Wait till out boys grace the soil of croker in a few hours, we'll see passion then lads
    im delighted to say you couldnt have been more right Gerard. great display from the lads ,along with buckets of passion and pride. you could see kelly chompingat the bit and willing bonnar on. twas great to see. and also, callinan, came on and got booked straight away. but you could see he was fired up for it. still a small bit of work to do with giving away possession in the back line but that will be worked on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

i agree, absolutely fantastic heart, exactly what we were after, come on tipp!

Bring on the deise!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bring on the deise!
    Yep, bring them on is right,Can't wait for this game as I live on the border there's going to be some slagging going on and we owe them one from 2008.delighted with Tipps display on Sunday I really didn't think we had a finish like that in us and it was great to see the team play with such spirit and will to win...Up the Premier :)

Great display from the B & G. absolutely thrilled. have to admit they had me worried with 3 minutes to go i was thinking our summer was over. Hope we can beat the Deise this time :) Tiobraid Arann Abu! :D

Firstly, great win at the weekend. Tipp showed real bottle and determination to win a close game like that.

I'm worried about how many mistakes our backs made though. Do that against Waterford and our year will be over in August!

Tonight, Tipp play Clare in the u21 Munster Final.

1. James Logue (Ballingarry)
    2. Kevin O’Gorman (Thurles Sarsfields)
    3. John Coghlan (Moyne-Templetuohy)
    4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)
    5. James Barry (Upperchurch Drombane)
    6. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields) Captain
    7. Brendan Maher (Borris–Ileigh)
    8. Seamus Hennessy (Kilruane MacDonaghs)
    9. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    10. Seán Carey (Moyle Rovers)
    11. Patrick Maher (Lorrha & Dorrha)
    12. Brian O’Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)
    13. Michael Heffernan (Nenagh Éire Óg)
    14. Paddy Murphy (Nenagh Éire Óg)
    15. John O’Dwyer (Killenaule)

Rumours around that Buggy will start full forward. You will not see a better 6 forwards at this level. Unreal talent up there. Seanie Curran in reserve also.

If Tipp hurl well, they will win this!

• Advertisement

The club scene resumes this weekend too.

In the South

GLANBIA SH Semi Final
    Killenaule v Carrick Davins IN CLONMEL @ 7.15PM Thursday

Mullinahone v Carrick Swans IN KILSHEELAN @ 7.15PM Friday

Interestingly Paddy Power has the following odds:

Killenaule 1/6 v Carrick Davins 4/1

Mullinahone 1/4 v Carrick Swans 3/1

Serious value for both Carrick teams above. Nobody seems to know if the Davins v Killenaule match is going ahead or not.

Davins are missing a few who are on holidays.

Kilenaule have Bubbles Dwyer playing Wednesday so if Tipp win, I'd say he'll be a little worse for wear 2moro night.

I'd go for Killenaule to progress in the 1st game if it goes ahead and Carrick Swans to edge the second.

From the group stages:Davins have lost to all three other remaining teams. Swans drew with Kilenaule and beat Mullinahone (although it was a nothing game). Mullinahone beat Killenaule quite comfortably also.

Table for the group stage of this: http://southshc.leaguerepublic.com/

In the Whest

Saturday 31st. July
    Tipperary Co-Op Super Valu SHC Semi
    Galtee/Treacys v Éire Óg.Ref; K. Delahunty In Dundrum @ 7.15,

Clonoulty/R v Kickhams.Ref; J.Ryan C In Cashel @ 3.00,

Eire og have played and beaten Mullinahone and Carrick Davins in challenges over the past three weeks which tells me the're starting to come good at just the right time. Bothh teams in the Combo have hurled last weekend so were obviously concentrating on the intermediate over the last few weeks. I'm going for Eire og in this one.

It's hard to see past Colnoulty in the second game, although the hockers can beat anyone on their day.

In the Mid

Mid Tipperary Senior Hurling Semi Finals

Drom-Inch V Upperchurch-Drombane

Saturday Time: 6 45 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Holycross

Referee: John Kelly

Semi Final

Holycross/Ballycahill V Thurles Sarsfields

Sunday Time: 3 15 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Boherlahan

Referee: Fergal Horgan

The first one will be a tight game with Upperchurch just edging it (if they have everyone fit).

The second game, I reckon Sars will win by 4 or 5 points.

Up North

Both games on Sunday in Nenagh

North Tipp Senior Hurling Championship Semi-finals

Kildangan V Toomevara

Time: 1 15 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: MacDonagh Park

Referee: Ger Fitzpatrick

Borris-Ileigh V Burgess

Time: 3 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: MacDonagh Park

Referee: Seamus Roche

Although you should never write off Toome, I fancy Kildangan to win against the odds.

It's hard to see past Borris in the second, although Burgess are improving every year.

The Seamus O Riain Cup - Finalists back into the main competition.

Cashel beat JK Brackens last week. Great win and a major upset.

FRIDAY

Nenagh Éire Óg V Golden-Kilfeacle

Time: 7 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Drombane

Referee: TBC

Loughmore V Moneygall

Time: 7 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Borrisoleigh

Referee: Sean Bradshaw

Nenagh by 10 points+ in the first game.

The second game is the tie of the round in my opinion. I've a feeling Loughmore will edge it but they'll be only a puck of the ball between the teams at the full time whistle.

SUNDAY

Ballingarry V Templederry Kenyons

Time: 5 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Templemore

Referee: Richie Barry

Kilruane Mac Donaghs V Boherlahan-Dualla

Time: 6 45 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Templemore

Referee: John O Brian

Ballybacon/Grange V Lorrha-Dorrha

Time: 6 45 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: The Ragg

Referee: Martin Ryan

Templederry by 5 points +

Kilruaine (reigning Seamus O Riain champions) to win a close enough game.

Lorrha to win by 7 or 8 points.

MONDAY

Portroe V Moycarkey-Borris

Time: 3 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Templederry

Another close game here. Portroe were in a North final last year. Moycarkey have impressed since been promoted a few years back. I'm going for a Moycarkey win although it could go any way.

Great going by the u21's tonight, there is great promise in the forwards. Buggy had a stormer, as did Paddy Murphy. Fair play to them!

Great going by the u21's tonight, there is great promise in the forwards. Buggy had a stormer, as did Paddy Murphy. Fair play to them!
    Murphy was unreal... Buggy caught some great ball...

Fair play to all the South lads too, Bubbles and Carey got 3 points each and Logue's saves early on turned the game (although he might have done better for the goal) G'wan the Premier!!!

EDIT: Tipp Munster u21 Hurling and Football Champions 2010 - a very nice 500th post I must say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hu Deman

great game tonight. clare have some nice hurlers coming on.thought tipp finished strong, seemed very composed..

Murphy was unreal... Buggy caught some great ball...

Fair play to all the South lads too, Bubbles and Carey got 3 points each and Logue's saves early on turned the game (although he might have done better for the goal) G'wan the Premier!!!

EDIT: Tipp Munster u21 Hurling and Football Champions 2010 - a very nice 500th post I must say :D

Buggy was excellent as was Mikey 'the Assassin' Heffernan. Bonnar as usual gave 110%.
    Murphy had a last 15 minutes that lucozade sport wouldn't even give you!

Honan sailing close to the wind again i see. How that ref didn't send him off was unbelievable. Glad to set the record straight after 2008 farce.

A munster double! up the premier! :D

Great game of hurling tonight in Semple,well done to Tipp and fair play to Clare for making a great game of it,Tipp done tonight what they should have done to Waterford down in Dungarvan last year.Murphy was emmence in the second half as was Heffernan and 0' Meara.great stuff....Up the Premier...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

well done tipp... thought brendan maher was unbelievable again, himself and paudi maher gave some passionate performances! buggy and paddy murphy were immense and patrick maher gave it socks again, some engine on the lad!

i hope the push on now through the next game and it should give the senior team a massive boost too!

great week...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Borderboy

Agree with comments, if Honan had taken his chance for goals at 6 points up. We were in trouble. It's been a great week for Tipp hurling. It's great to be still around at the business end of the season.

The club scene resumes this weekend too.

In the South

GLANBIA SH Semi Final
    Killenaule v Carrick Davins IN CLONMEL @ 7.15PM Thursday

Mullinahone v Carrick Swans IN KILSHEELAN @ 7.15PM Friday

Interestingly Paddy Power has the following odds:

Killenaule 1/6 v Carrick Davins 4/1

Mullinahone 1/4 v Carrick Swans 3/1

Serious value for both Carrick teams above. Nobody seems to know if the Davins v Killenaule match is going ahead or not.

Davins are missing a few who are on holidays.

Kilenaule have Bubbles Dwyer playing Wednesday so if Tipp win, I'd say he'll be a little worse for wear 2moro night.

I'd go for Killenaule to progress in the 1st game if it goes ahead and Carrick Swans to edge the second.

From the group stages:Davins have lost to all three other remaining teams. Swans drew with Kilenaule and beat Mullinahone (although it was a nothing game). Mullinahone beat Killenaule quite comfortably also.

Table for the group stage of this: http://southshc.leaguerepublic.com/

In the Whest

Saturday 31st. July
    Galtee/Treacys v Éire Óg.Ref; K. Delahunty In Dundrum @ 7.15,

Clonoulty/R v Kickhams.Ref; J.Ryan C In Cashel @ 3.00,

Eire og have played and beaten Mullinahone and Carrick Davins in challenges over the past three weeks which tells me the're starting to come good at just the right time. Bothh teams in the Combo have hurled last weekend so were obviously concentrating on the intermediate over the last few weeks. I'm going for Eire og in this one.

It's hard to see past Colnoulty in the second game, although the hockers can beat anyone on their day.

In the Mid

Mid Tipperary Senior Hurling Semi Finals

Drom-Inch V Upperchurch-Drombane

Saturday Time: 6 45 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Holycross

Referee: John Kelly

Semi Final

Holycross/Ballycahill V Thurles Sarsfields

Sunday Time: 3 15 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Boherlahan

Referee: Fergal Horgan

The first one will be a tight game with Upperchurch just edging it (if they have everyone fit).

The second game, I reckon Sars will win by 4 or 5 points.

Up North

Both games on Sunday in Nenagh

North Tipp Senior Hurling Championship Semi-finals

Kildangan V Toomevara

Time: 1 15 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: MacDonagh Park

Borris-Ileigh V Burgess

Time: 3 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: MacDonagh Park

Referee: Seamus Roche

Although you should never write off Toome, I fancy Kildangan to win against the odds.

It's hard to see past Borris in the second, although Burgess are improving every year.

The Seamus O Riain Cup - Finalists back into the main competition.

Cashel beat JK Brackens last week. Great win and a major upset.

FRIDAY

Nenagh Éire Óg V Golden-Kilfeacle

Time: 7 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Drombane

Referee: TBC

Loughmore V Moneygall

Time: 7 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Borrisoleigh

Referee: Sean Bradshaw

Nenagh by 10 points+ in the first game.

The second game is the tie of the round in my opinion. I've a feeling Loughmore will edge it but they'll be only a puck of the ball between the teams at the full time whistle.

SUNDAY

Ballingarry V Templederry Kenyons

Time: 5 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Templemore

Referee: Richie Barry

Kilruane Mac Donaghs V Boherlahan-Dualla

Time: 6 45 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Templemore

Referee: John O Brian

Ballybacon/Grange V Lorrha-Dorrha

Time: 6 45 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: The Ragg

Referee: Martin Ryan

Templederry by 5 points +

Kilruaine (reigning Seamus O Riain champions) to win a close enough game.

Lorrha to win by 7 or 8 points.

MONDAY

Portroe V Moycarkey-Borris

Time: 3 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Templederry

Another close game here. Portroe were in a North final last year. Moycarkey have impressed since been promoted a few years back. I'm going for a Moycarkey win although it could go any way.

Davins v Killenaue match was called off tonight for anyone interested. Killenaule refused to play as Bubbles was hurling with tipp last night!

Davins v Killenaue match was called off tonight for anyone interested. Killenaule refused to play as Bubbles was hurling with tipp last night!

they were dead right. bunch of clowns on that south board

• Advertisement

Killenaule actually refused to play ! I thought they would have gotten it called off anyway,there in trouble with the board so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 miller123

Big scalp for the Swan in the South Senior Semi tonight,they beat Mullinahone 0-17 to 0-12.delighted for them, they wanted it more than Mullinahone and deserver there win.

tippspur wrote: »
    Big scalp for the Swan in the South Senior Semi tonight,they beat Mullinahone 0-17 to 0-12.delighted for them, they wanted it more than Mullinahone and deserver there win.

fair play and best of luck to them in south final. hope its a carrick derby and give it an extra edge.

On Callanan video, He is the best in Ireland to ghost in for a goal. lethal!

I Wonder will any of u21s be in Sheedy's mind for Decie next month, Murphy, 'the Assassin', Buggy, Bubbles or Carey maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

let me be the first to congratulate looder on the swans magnificant win against mullinahone tonight. up the swan. and they were 3/1 to beat them. h'on the swan

tom thum wrote: »
    let me be the first to congratulate looder on the swans magnificant win against mullinahone tonight. up the swan. and they were 3/1 to beat them. h'on the swan

h'on the swan is right Tom.

Good performance, kept Kelly quiet and took our chances. We wanted it a lot more than Mullinahone. Final apparently fixed for the week after the Waterford macth but I can see this been called off if Tipp win.

As you've said Tom, 3/1 were serious odds. I hope you took my advice!!

I'd like to thank Paddy Power for last nights beer by the way :D

Nenagh beat Golden 3-30 to 2-04 in the SOR Cup. Golden were missing a few but that's a serious hiding to get at senior level.

Also in the Seamus O' Riain, Loughmore 4.18 Moneygall 3.10. Webster x 2 and Noel McGrath with the goals for Loughmore.

3 out of 3 prediction wise so far :D

Seamus O Riain Cup:
    Lorrha 2.11 Ballybacon 1.13
    Kilruane 4-20 Boherlahen 3-17
    Templederry 1 -18 Ballingarry to 1 -15

North Tipp

Toomevara 1-16, Kildangan 1-13
    Borris-Ileigh 1-14 Burgess 1-4

Mid Tipp

Thurles Sars 2.16 to Holycross 13 points.
    Drom 2-18 Upperchurch 0-15

West Tipp

Eire Og/Annacarty 2-17 The Combo (Galtee + Sean Treacys) 2-11
    kichams 1-21 clonoulty 2-22 (after extra time)

8 right so far - not too bad at all :)

Tickets are sorted now, all roads lead to Croker next Sunday. Please god we'll beat them. I'm suprised Tipp are such strong favourites. Waterford are always wrote off but they are never an easy game by any means. Especially since they won the Munster this year too.

Tipp by 3 points is my guess

Tickets are sorted now, all roads lead to Croker next Sunday. Please god we'll beat them. I'm suprised Tipp are such strong favourites. Waterford are always wrote off but they are never an easy game by any means. Especially since they won the Munster this year too.

Tipp by 3 points is my guess

Are the Cats really unbeatable as people say? i think if we can get over Waterford and that is a huge task i'm under no illusions, then we can give KK a game. I for one would love to knock this little man of his perch
    000192ee189r.jpg

followed by this tool.............

• Advertisement

They're not, tippgunner, you're dead right. As good as they were yesterday, Cork were brutal in the first half. They were giving the ball away and didnt close down any attacks. I wasn't frightened by KK's preformance. They were good, but thet didnt look unbeatable :)

This time last year maybe it was okay to look ahead when we were playing Limerick in the semi. Its a different story this year as you said, we must be under no illusions

Advertisement