Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

A good 32-14 win and now this is the furthest ive ever gotten in the cup. hoping for a favourable draw for next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

22-13 win for me away from home.... the other guy's team was better than mine and had 65% possession and territory! I guess he must have played me on normal. Another week of money.... maybe I'll get my academy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

my second string lost 27-54 wnwim against a much stronger team. Was neck and neck until the last 15 though - he must have been sweating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Lost, cup run over! :( should have normaled! went with WNWIM and lost 14-7. handling errors cost me badly. shall be fitness session in the morning for the fools!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

Won 47-0. Had quite a lucky run so far.

• Advertisement

Got div 2 team. gonna have to come up with a cunning plan to get through this one. a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on the end of it and call it a fox! Still be good to line up against better team and see how the boys stack up. Lets rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Won 76-0 and have decent CSR advantage over next weeks Div III team. I'll be throwing the kitchen sink at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Eventually won 25-0.

Looks like a fair few boards users are through to the next round, that's always good to see.

Next I have a much more capable Div 3 team, we're talking old school repeat trophy place Div 3 here... he knows his shiz it seems and the CSR is looking bad for me. Gonna have to kitchen sink it and pray to the rugby gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

lost ninety something nil! :rolleyes:

on the upside, some of my 3rds gotta run out!

i honestly feel that on a different day I could have won...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Still in the Cup, 60 odd to 7 against a bot.

Havent checked whom I got next but I'll do my best to keep the extra cash coming in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

****e, Didnt set my subs right, have my second rower playing scrum half

Just goes to show that it's too hard to lose to a bot... Have my 3rd string props on the wing and at 2nd centre and they're actually scoring tries, tis mad, seems the wingers are like "what's that 33 stone thing slowly moving towards us?" and then when they realise it's too late, like a bloomin' juggernaught with 1 speed and 2 agility :P

Won 60 - 5.

Also nice to see that all the boardsie teams in the 4th division are now above the auto promote line (but thankfully none of us are being crazy enough to fight for the top spot :) )

Took a chance and went with WNWIM away from home and it paid off. won comfortably but failed to get bonus point so im knocked off top of the table for first time this season. Bah, that will have to be rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Also nice to see that all the boardsie teams in the 4th division are now above the auto promote line (but thankfully none of us are being crazy enough to fight for the top spot :) )

Div 4 is pretty damn boring though eh!!

On the plus side i finally have my finances back on track. Sold my second best player for a staggering 402,000 grandingtons. Currently selling my best player Cian Rabbit. Bid stands at 364,000 if anyone is interested?? Smashing player but has become to big for the team!!

Also getting a few nice young guys from the acadamy. One of them has begun to score for fun it seems so a couple of seasons of intense training and i should have a monster on my hands!!

Hope to improve staff and facilities before going back up to division 3. I am only getting over the fact now that i screwed up my relegation qualifier last season. I just presumed i was safe cause i finshed 5th or 6th. Oh well, live and learn and all the rest. Some kick in the nuts though!:o

Oh it's so boring. At least if things continue there'll be a massive influx of boardsies into Div 3 next season. I'm tempted to try and engineer it so I get back into Div3.3 (just so I can take on my old arch nemesis that seems to be doing quite well for himself now) but the difference between Div3.3 and Div3.1 is too close to effectively manage, so I think I may dip in mid table and get a league in the teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bunghoe

Div 3.2 now has 3 BOTs and is becomming boring at least there will be 3-4 new teams hopefully human in the league next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Turns out my plan of trying to take on one of the big guys with ltnt backfired spectacularly, I drew a match I debated ltnting and didn't last week and this weekend lost the match I did ltnt :rolleyes:

Still 3rd in my league level on points with 4th is where I hoped to be so am happy enough so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

bunghoe wrote: »
    Div 3.2 now has 3 BOTs and is becomming boring at least there will be 3-4 new teams hopefully human in the league next season.

III.5 has a bot now as well, a pity I wasted an ltnt on them first game of the season, although not nearly as annoying as for the team in my league who lost to them.

I still wouldn't mind be nearly guaranteed staying up (even if you come 5th you should have energy and ltnt saved for playoffs). I can see how it would be a bit boring though.

Wouldn't mind a bot or two in my league - sure scorched earth is effectively a bot team they are so weak!:p :D;)

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a bot or two in my league - sure scorched earth is effectively a bot team they are so weak!:p :D;)

How the mighty have fallen:pac:

Fewcifur wrote: »
    How the mighty have fallen:pac:

It's because he had the jump on us, signing up earlier! sure where's he gone now? barely posts here these days!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I think you'll find I'm unbeaten and top of my league, and will always be ie boards premier Blackout manager. ;)

Orizio wrote: »
    I think you'll find I'm unbeaten and top of my league, and will always be ie boards premier Blackout manager. ;)

meh you played the easy teams...

(don't the mention fact i managed to lose to one!!:o)

barely posts here these days!!:D

There is only so many ways for me to say 'I am the ****'...

Am I playing you this weekend?

Am I playing you this weekend?

Just looked it up and indeed you are... words into action time Orizio!

Very exciting

WNWIM then.

WNWIM then.

WNWIM it is then, save LTNT for hammering the coyotes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Up against a Div III team tonight and we look fairly evenly matched. Hoping I have my tactics right. Good luck to the other boardsies tonight.

Advertisement