Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    Just pulled a great player! first decent pull from the YA!:D
    203cm and 19k csr, only poor skill is stamina which is about to get a SH1TE load of training!!

Wooo, very excited YA starting to pay off!:cool:

Nice one! What weight you got on that bit of meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Nice one! What weight you got on that bit of meat?

115kg,not the heaviest, but quite tasty as 2nd row - will replace my ageing and rarely in form 206cm donkey quite soon! need stamina and handling improvements to improve a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

AH F*CK. My cup run is over.

Playing #2 in Ireland! (http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=1429#page=summary&id=1429)

Think i'll WNWIM it and at least get good IGT. I don't think I have any chance if I LTNT him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Got lucky for the 5th round. Pulled a Div V team that may even go BOT by next week's cup match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Eireannach wrote: »
    Got lucky for the 5th round. Pulled a Div V team that may even go BOT by next week's cup match.
    Jammy. I pulled a season 2 team. Not that strong, but still going to whip me unless he goes nwim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I got a Div 3 team whose front rowers are over 130kg... and have a massive second row too. Oh game plan has to change.... gonna take some figuring out and a lot of luck if I'm to progress :(

I got a Div3 team. Looks like he has his head screwed on and his first team would easily be double the CSR of my first team. One hope I have is that his team look like they're about to die due to energy, so I can just hope my lads' enthusiasm will win out, like an excited puppy against a sleepy rottweiler.

I got a Div 3 team whose front rowers are over 130kg... and have a massive second row too. Oh game plan has to change.... gonna take some figuring out and a lot of luck if I'm to progress :(

If their CSR isn't amazing then I reckon you'll easily have them for pace. Guess you just have to try and move it quicker somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ali.hall

Bowed out of the cup to a DivV team (me being DivIII), whoops. Good for the energy levels so not too bothered!

Div IV team. Not inspected their team stats and so far yet but confident of taking them!:D

Is tournafulla RFC a boards members team? the name sound familiar!

• Advertisement

ali.hall wrote: »
    Bowed out of the cup to a DivV team (me being DivIII), whoops. Good for the energy levels so not too bothered!

The team you lost to is actually the team I pulled for round 5. I looked at the roster you put on the field against them; loved it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Is tournafulla RFC a boards members team? the name sound familiar!
    Hard to say.
    Div IV team. Not inspected their team stats and so far yet but confident of taking them!:D
    First teams LTNT vs LTNT, i'd back you to win by 10-20 points. Fairly similar strength in the key positions, but your team looks a little more rounded.

That being said, I have it on good authority that the manager plans to play wnwim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ali.hall

Eireannach wrote: »
    The team you lost to is actually the team I pulled for round 5. I looked at the roster you put on the field against them; loved it :D

Careful, if you want to keep going then he/she is going to play a 1st team and play for the win! I played my normal 2nd string squad (trying to find any non 1st team player to play any position) and got a bit cocky by putting some creativity and expansive play in, failed as expected!
    Oh well, bring on next season's cup :D

First teams LTNT vs LTNT, i'd back you to win by 10-20 points. Fairly similar strength in the key positions, but your team looks a little more rounded.

That being said, I have it on good authority that the manager plans to play wnwim.

i was looking at the team there and I agree will be close - might got with normal and risk knockout... but then I duno....

ali.hall wrote: »
    Careful, if you want to keep going then he/she is going to play a 1st team and play for the win! I played my normal 2nd string squad (trying to find any non 1st team player to play any position) and got a bit cocky by putting some creativity and expansive play in, failed as expected!
    Oh well, bring on next season's cup :D

He hasn't logged on since 11/01/10 so I should be alright :)

Actually he may even go BOT before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lost by 4 points in a thriller that ended 33-37. My players tried their best to lose and in the end succeeded.

as with me! they are bottom of the league and so thought this would be a grand time to continue improving other defenses... should have normaled them rather than WNWIM... lost 21-14 to a try in the last few minutes... despite dominating large chunks, ah well!

sure all you need is forth place!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

as with me! they are bottom of the league and so thought this would be a grand time to continue improving other defenses... should have normaled them rather than WNWIM... lost 21-14 to a try in the last few minutes... despite dominating large chunks, ah well!

:D

I won. Again. So boring.

Orizio wrote: »
    :D

I won. Again. So boring.

Flightless birds are crap though! ;)

Guess I will have to reign in the ol expansion and creativity - tried to play it wide and fast... didnt work with the substandard defence!:D

See you in the play offs! ;)

38 scrums in my match. Shocking stuff to watch. Won 12 of these scrums against the head. just about secured the BP despite my back rows best efforts to lose the game by being turned over and knocking an awful lot!!

oh well BP away win. no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Unless your very confident you can beat the other 3 play off teams i wouldnt be happy with 4th. Getting 1st or 2nd and securing home playoff is much more important i think if you hope to get promoted or even be in with chance of getting better prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I ended up drawing away against the bottom team in my league 20-20. I thought I would be ltnt'd and duly was but I bet on my team winning with normal so I could possibly reel in bigger fish along the line and it didn't pay off.

Still unbeaten after 4 games and lying in 2nd exceeds my expectations for this stage of the season.

Unless your very confident you can beat the other 3 play off teams i wouldnt be happy with 4th. Getting 1st or 2nd and securing home playoff is much more important i think if you hope to get promoted or even be in with chance of getting better prize money.

Yes home advantage is a plus, but you still have to win the two matches to get promotion. I wouldn't be happy with 4th as it would mean I hadn't performed well in the league rather than it damaging my promotion chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

My seconds came through an piss easy match against a Bot team, 55-0 if I remember correctly..

Got a Div 3 Bot in the cup on wednesday, so this week and hopefully next week will mean more money flowing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

beat the team top of the table for a second week in a row - woot.

Gave them a loosing bonus point tho, my new 10 having left a bunch of kicks out on the pitch, which I may come to regret later in the season :(

End of my cup run tonight I'm afraid. Playing team currently #1 in I.1 (:eek:).

Picked a 2nds / 3rds and WNWIM to rest most of my first teamers for future league battles!

Haven't decided if I will watch the carnage yet.

crisco10 wrote: »
    End of my cup run tonight I'm afraid. Playing team currently #1 in I.1 (:eek:).

Picked a 2nds / 3rds and WNWIM to rest most of my first teamers for future league battles!

Haven't decided if I will watch the carnage yet.

Game of the evening maybe? where in the table of RWC wins will this result come?!:D

Highest scores:
    New Zealand 145 Japan 17 1995
    Australia 142 Namibia 0 2003 :eek:
    England 111 Uruguay 10 2003
    New Zealand 101 Italy 3 1999
    England 101 Tonga 10 1999

Game of the evening maybe? where in the table of RWC wins will this result come?!:D

Highest scores:
    New Zealand 145 Japan 17 1995
    Australia 142 Namibia 0 2003 :eek:
    England 111 Uruguay 10 2003
    New Zealand 101 Italy 3 1999
    England 101 Tonga 10 1999

I think I will aim for double figures...Whatever comes in the column will be beside the point!!

edit:
    Lol!! just looked at his lineup tonight, he seems to be playing a mainly first team!! Looking at CSR difference, one of his players has 19 times the CSR of his opposite number! (130,974 v 6774)

My bets are on a 120 point difference in the end..

crisco10 wrote: »
    I think I will aim for double figures...Whatever comes in the column will be beside the point!!

edit:
    Lol!! just looked at his lineup tonight, he seems to be playing a mainly first team!! Looking at CSR difference, one of his players has 19 times the CSR of his opposite number! (130,974 v 6774)

My bets are on a 120 point difference in the end..

You'll learn about your teams character tonight!:P

• Advertisement

I love that it's raining! Really separates a manager who changes tactics with one that just lets it ride. So far I have a bit of a lead on my opponent but it could go either way. No luck with conversions so far and my 10 point lead is not a comfortable one!

13-0 at half time. Bah, that's still only two converted tries away! Keep it up boys! Pre-game said my fitness was better than his (and he's fielding most of his first team who are knackered, so, here's hoping I dominate in the second half)

Advertisement