Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'm pretty sure that you can reduce the number of stadium staff to suit the actual attendance without upsetting anybody. If so, that would help the profit margin on home games.

I was going to say the same, if not filling the stadium regularly take out staff!

I only add more staff if people complain!:D maximise profits, and next week my new expand stadium comes on line so even more moola for me! :D

I have a human in the next round, but he only clicks in twice in the last 3 months and is a full 1500 rankings below me. might "risk" the ol WNWIM!:p least with a human team more profits!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I got myself another bot in the cup. low profit margins but sure i'm guaranteed another round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    I was going to say the same, if not filling the stadium regularly take out staff!

I only add more staff if people complain!:D maximise profits, and next week my new expand stadium comes on line so even more moola for me! :D

Ah you see that's where the issues come from... I have to increase staff because people keep complaining. Very annoying. My staff could cope with the 6,000+ every week but in the new stupidly large stadium it seems they're too thinnly spread. God damn it.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ah you see that's where the issues come from... I have to increase staff because people keep complaining. Very annoying. My staff could cope with the 6,000+ every week but in the new stupidly large stadium it seems they're too thinnly spread. God damn it.

Sounds like you are screwed! let me know when you are selling your stars and I will snap them up at bargain prices!;):P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

That seems odd. In real world 'stupidly large stadia' with low attendances, they just close sections so they don't need staff (see Park y Scarlets:D). Wonder if it is an omission or a deliberate measure to handicap larger teams?

That seems odd. In real world 'stupidly large stadia' with low attendances, they just close sections so they don't need staff (see Park y Scarlets:D). Wonder if it is an omission or a deliberate measure to handicap larger teams?

Hmmm, dunno chuck. Oddly the maintenance hasn't gone up at all, just the other aspects that are associated with larger numbers of people. It's a pain. I don't want to shrink my stadium just to have to increase it again next season. Hopefully if I get far enough in the cup it'll get filled at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

LTNT that shiz and you should get through. Everyone is very careful with energy this weather... if he's that much above you he'll probably WNWIM and then you should take him. All depends on how much of a priority the cup is in relation to your general game plan.

priority is staying up (or even sneaking 4th) this season...if i could do that i'd probably make more money than an extra round of the cup

Hell yes, beat a team with a much superior CSR. Last minute I decided to play it normal instead of just giving up with a WNWIM.

34 - 27

BP victory. So delighted. Defense was ropey though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

won an exciting free flowing game against yermen 50-26. i ran away with an early lead but he slowly picked off a few scores and came back into it. still, thats 10 outa 10 points from the league in the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Ten points after two games - can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

No points from two. Aw yeah. :p

I think 'learning experience' is the term I'm looking for.

I'm now measuring my wins by how many pops I get after the match. Thankfully I'm still getting two or three per game so at least it seems worthwhile.

I've a question though... I currently have no human players in my league. I'm throwing out complete b-side teams at WNWIM and I'm slaughtering the bots. Is it possible to lose to a bot team? I'm afraid if I keep this up I'll end up in Div 3 league 1 next year and that's something I really don't want.

I've never lost to a bot team before anyway, regardless of what team I throw out

Is it possible to lose to a bot team?
    I reckon that if you start your salary savers instead of your veterans, play 100% creative/expansive, play a defensive system you have no experience in, swap your props and wingers, second rows and halfbacks etc, you'll get the result you're looking for ;)

Your guys won't gain as much CSR out of position, but it could help round out their skills a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Absolutely robbed Eireannach's Killarney RFC 22-24 scoring a penalty on after 81 minutes :o

Luck was completely on my side, they were the better side but I managed to keep them scoring at all in the 2nd half.

I reckon that if you start your salary savers instead of your veterans, play 100% creative/expansive, play a defensive system you have no experience in, swap your props and wingers, second rows and halfbacks etc, you'll get the result you're looking for ;)

Your guys won't gain as much CSR out of position, but it could help round out their skills a little.

Excellent advice!

Though I don't have any salary savers anymore, invested in a load of semi-decent players to round out my team and train 'em up.

My props on the wing and my hooker jumping for the ball instead of throwing for it... should be grand.

It'd be terrifying if my props were like tanks on the wing and my 100% creative led to some amazing tries! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

lost by a couple of points for second week in a row after going down a couple of scores early..

Time for serious investigation into weaker players in team and tactics :)

Wow, I had a bot in the cup today. Went aggressive, creative and expansive with a dirt poor team to keep energy levels up.

I drew. Lucky escape ha. Its actually ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

I had a guy about 3500 in the world, Although his 10 was a French U20! He almost destroyed me on his own, combined with my 10 missing loadsa kicks it almost caught me out! Glad to go thru though...
    Oisinjm wrote: »
    Wow, I had a bot in the cup today. Went aggressive, creative and expansive with a dirt poor team to keep energy levels up.

I drew. Lucky escape ha. Its actually ridiculous...

Jesus, did you go through?

• Advertisement

Its was a draw. Not really sure what happens from here. Is it tries score?

24 penalties conceeded. This may be the problem

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Its was a draw. Not really sure what happens from here. Is it tries score?

24 penalties conceeded. This may be the problem

Vaguely remember from the Documentation that the team leading at half time goes through...

If its that I'm through. If its tries scored I am too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

A win for me too, against a bot. Starting to get fed up of playing bots! My match this weekend is against a human and sods law I'm away for the weekend and won't get to see it :(. Will have to settle for watching an Irish win on Saturday :)

beat human opposition 31 - 7, rested key individuals adn through to next round. job done. (was an away game though and he had a small stadium :()

Made it through without needing to ltnt. That means energy levels should be good enough to have a lash at making the last 64 next Wednesday. Provided of course I draw a beatable team :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I LTNT a human and won 49-21.

I'm choosing the Cup over the League for the next week or so.

In other news I'm in the Black for the first time since my first 2 weeks in the game, kind of went a bit transfer market crazy back then...

Just sold my 33 year old fly half for a profit of 25,000 after only having him 2 months :)

You sold a 33 year old? Wow... who'd buy at that age for more than 25k?

Beat a bot 97-0.
    Unfortunately I fielded my 1st team by accident.

Glad to hear from Oisin that a bot can nearly beat ya... there's hope for me yet. Though, to be honest it looks like a lot of people in Div 4 are in the same situation, so I might have a bit of a promotion race on my hands (first person to a 1,000 point difference makes it! :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

You sold a 33 year old? Wow... who'd buy at that age for more than 25k?

It was looking like I'd suffer a loss with him earlier, but when I logged on this evening after the deadline it appears as if there was a bit of a bidding war for him. I had about 15 or so "New Bid" mails.

I ain't complaining though. Hopefully get enough to start to look at upgrading my coaches at some point this season

• Advertisement

Lol. Looking at my draw for next wednesday, manager hasn't logged on since 18 Jan which by my calculations mean they will go bot next Monday. Financially a good thing for me, not very interesting though...

Advertisement