Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

getting ready for an epic battle with div 2 side apoel cormosia. they're favourite with the bookies but anything could happen in a cup tie. place kicker dont fail me now!

crap. 3-0 down after 2 mins. not the start i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

3-0 down at the moment. Not sure if my tactics are right, I may have over compensated for the wet weather.

"O'Connell loses the ball forward, so much for the NFL style gloves he's wearing!" ... take THAT NFL style gloves!

And now it's 3-3! Pow pow!

8 - 3?! ****! Oh oh .. damn, nicely converted, yiz jerks!

13 - 3 to him... and he's starting to hockey me about the place. Hopefully this is the calm before the Death Squad Storm! :P

If only 6 Nations rugby was this exciting all the time! Wowzas, I keep fighting my way up to his 5 metres and losing it. Full on.

Finally... 13 - 8, but my idiot kicker has missed the vital conversion. Damn.

Classic Blackout Rugby... they come straight back down and score with little hassle. Oh oh, there's the conversion... 20 - 8. Shazbot.

This is too exciting! Back down again for another try for the good guys! 20 - 13! Yes, pure O'Drico shiz right there! And the conversion! Nice! 20 - 15 ... only the try in it now!

8 minutes to go and my prop knocked the ball on right on their try-line. Big scrum here, but I fear we've lost it... though 8 minutes... hmm. Tense.

4 minutes left and our hard work brings it back up to 20 - 20 ! If I lose this match I'm going to kill someone.

Conversion is good. Curly Sues take the lead. 20 - 22! ... it's now the time to HOLD THE LINE!

1 minute left and we've conceded a penalty. The rugby gods are not kind.
    AND HE'S KNOCKED IT WIDE! AHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHA!

CURLY SUE DEATH SQUAD WIN! AWOOGA!

Seriously, the most exciting time I've had reading a text based rugby match!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

14-7 up at half time. Going well so far... hoping I can hold on.

A humiliating 30-0 down at half time. I knew he had the better team but didnt think the gap was that big. penalty count hugely in his favour, 7-1 and its only gonna get worse. that and the lineout seems to be where the damage is being done. Everything else is more even...except he wont give me the ball either. That Bast*rd!

• Advertisement

49-7 loss in the end. 2nd half wasnt that bad. still disappointing. how did the rest of ye get on?

Can't believe it but I'm down to the last 16. I see Curly Sue, Forza and Darkside all through. Is it just four of us left?

Can't believe it but I'm down to the last 16. I see Curly Sue, Forza and Darkside all through. Is it just four of us left?

Is Darkside a boards team too? Who runs that badboy?

I'm happy to get into round 7, I got there last season mostly by luck but after today I feel like I've actually earned it somewhat.

What annoys me at times is the focus on Div 1 teams in the global lobby reporter picks. Most of the cup matches featuring Div 1 teams are so one sided, it's not like they're actually good matches, just lazy journalism really.

Just noted Wandering Wanderers are there too! Nice.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Is Darkside a boards team too? Who runs that badboy?

I'm happy to get into round 7, I got there last season mostly by luck but after today I feel like I've actually earned it somewhat.

What annoys me at times is the focus on Div 1 teams in the global lobby reporter picks. Most of the cup matches featuring Div 1 teams are so one sided, it's not like they're actually good matches, just lazy journalism really.

My mistake, I keep thinking that it's Orizios. Got as far as round 4 last year so over the moon with my run this year. Am really pleased with my last 2 wins.... dear God give me an easy one for the next round, the money is great!

My mistake, I keep thinking that it's Orizios. Got as far as round 4 last year so over the moon with my run this year. Am really pleased with my last 2 wins.... dear God give me an easy one for the next round, the money is great!

I'm up against an old blood Div 2 team. Their two top players have a higher CSR than my total team combined. I thought I was pretty badly off until I saw Dreamer_ire's opponent... her dude actually came 2nd in the cup a season or two ago. Ouch.

• Advertisement

I'm up against an old blood Div 2 team. Their two top players have a higher CSR than my total team combined. I thought I was pretty badly off until I saw Dreamer_ire's opponent... her dude actually came 2nd in the cup a season or two ago. Ouch.

I'm crying now! Oh sweet jesus! Well that's his Paddys Day present lol. WNWIM now and focus on the Try Harder Cup :)

I'm crying now! Oh sweet jesus! Well that's his Paddys Day present lol. WNWIM now and focus on the Try Harder Cup :)

I dunno, I reckon he'll be WNWIMing you with his 3rds... why not make him sweat with a kapow of your 1sts with LTNT? It's not like you're going to need your 1sts or you LTNT for anything at the moment, the league is a total walk-over etc. That's what I'm thinking, imagine how amazing a bit of David and Goliath magic would be :D

Right, just noticed 5 of my players performed worse than expected :( but but... my stadium was full to capacity for the 1st time ever, pity I had to share half of it. Good news is I'm home again next week :D:D

I dunno, I reckon he'll be WNWIMing you with his 3rds... why not make him sweat with a kapow of your 1sts with LTNT? It's not like you're going to need your 1sts or you LTNT for anything at the moment, the league is a total walk-over etc. That's what I'm thinking, imagine how amazing a bit of David and Goliath magic would be :D

I think you should have my nic lol

I think you should have my nic lol

THIS IS SPARTA!

I'm up against an old blood Div 2 team.

your playing the guy who knocked me out tonight. Get revenge for your fallen boardsie comrade!

your playing the guy who knocked me out tonight. Get revenge for your fallen boardsie comrade!

I noticed that actually. I was kinda going "49 - 7 isn't THAT much of a difference" heh... ouch, he's going to most likely crunch me, crunch me harrrrrrd.

I noticed that actually. I was kinda going "49 - 7 isn't THAT much of a difference" heh... ouch, he's going to most likely crunch me, crunch me harrrrrrd.

dont let him get the ball. thats where i fell down i think. close game otherwise :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Delighted to get through. Thought Killarney were a bit better than i was. I'll go no further though, a million+ combined CSR waiting for me in the next round.:D

Really to get further than Round 7 you need to be drawn against another boardsie type team... rather than the scary Div 2+ teams we've all got.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Out of the cup :(

Lost to a Div 2 team. and I went all for it was well, saving my first 15 and had a full LTNT for the match as well....

Argh well, not to start looking at the league, and see if I can still win it, which is very possible :)

EDIT:: Just checked out the league, im second, so not too bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Players from both sides hit the pile hard, Gerchunoff gets to his feet instantly and smothers Green And Grey ball-carrier. Yes, the ref will penalise him under the new law. He had to give the tackled player an opportunity to release the ball!

My players are as confused about this new rule as I am :D

Ive hit a mid season slump. Lost last three matches. not even a losing bonus point today. son of a b*tch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Ive hit a mid season slump. Lost last three matches. not even a losing bonus point today. son of a b*tch!
    Same here (though I never expected a result today). Can't afford any more slip ups this season if I'm to make the qualifiers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

playing a bot - rested half first team, and still won by 50 points :)

Bot again next week, so I can rest the other half of the team, before my next real person opponent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

woooo beat Scorched earth and now sit top of the table! :D played Orizio four times, won twice and lost twice... close fought today. must read match commentary tomorrow, tired now. happy with win though!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I wouldn't be too happy about it, you were at home, only won by three, my utterly **** lineout managed to dominate yours and my squad's actually gotten weaker since last season. I thought I was much further behind you before today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too happy about it, you were at home, only won by three, my utterly **** lineout managed to dominate yours and my squad's actually gotten weaker since last season. I thought I was much further behind you before today.
    excuses! my two best players are injured/completly out of form so not too worried. my new second row requires training to get handling up to scratch as its fairly crap but in seasons to come will be quality. also wasnt full firsts if u check some previous squads. everyone has different things going on so wouldnt stress comparing teams! mines doing fine and training new players for next season for deeper squad

So I take it this means Daveharnett is our new spiritual leader and war captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I won a game! Woohoo.

This season is all about building, and praying my newly established 10 star Academy will pay off. A win is fcuking epic. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I won a game! Woohoo.

This season is all about building, and praying my newly established 10 star Academy will pay off. A win is fcuking epic. :D
    Congrats. At the current cost of players, the academy seems a must.

Advertisement