Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Playing a team top of a div III league, so the cup run comes to an end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

compensation for getting a brutal run in the cup last season, got a one click manager from a division 5 team!:D reg'd 25jan, last click 26th jan! a full 4000 rankings below!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Class... Got a Div 5 team, I should be able to take him if I rest my firsts for the next 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 finbar_omahony

Hi there, just stumbled in,
    I had no idea there was so much chat about blackout on boards.ie

Do ye not use the offsite at all?

We find the offsite very serious (don't take offense!:D ) and this is just general chit chat about the boards cup we have and just general gloating about how our leagues are going, we also arrange friendlies amongst ourselves in between boards cups.

The boards cup is altered and changed each year to improve, it is in its third season now. check out the cupwebsite here, if you haven't already!

I browse the offsite everynow and then but we are no were near the league of those users so do not have much to offer the u20 training program etc.

In time we will filter on there much more I am sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Every once in a while, bit boring and overly serious really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Finally I have some competition this season! Have a Div 3 team next week in the cup. Doesn't look like a strong Div 3 team, but his players do have better CSR than me. Guess I have to weigh up a lot of things. If it was a league match I'd be confident of taking him normally and keeping the LTNT intact, but he seems to be getting annihilated in his league (thanks to a bunch of Boardsies it seems!) so he may try and throw himself fully into the cup. Tough call... but at least the game is exciting again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Finally I have some competition this season! Have a Div 3 team next week in the cup. Doesn't look like a strong Div 3 team, but his players do have better CSR than me. Guess I have to weigh up a lot of things. If it was a league match I'd be confident of taking him normally and keeping the LTNT intact, but he seems to be getting annihilated in his league (thanks to a bunch of Boardsies it seems!) so he may try and throw himself fully into the cup. Tough call... but at least the game is exciting again!

You do only use half your normal LTNT for a cup match and i think the energy drain is a bit less too. Not sure. Take it to him!:)

corny wrote: »
    You do only use half your normal LTNT for a cup match and i think the energy drain is a bit less too. Not sure. Take it to him!:)

Oh really? I had suspected as much but hadn't got round to checking the documentation. It's the only chance I have to use LTNT to be honest, so I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Brought my seconds in the league for the first time today and WNWIM came away with a victory against a fairly active human team. 18-14.

• Advertisement

83 - 0 . Le sigh. Got a few pops though. Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

83 - 0 . Le sigh. Got a few pops though. Result.
    Your post-match stuff got processed allready? Lucky so and so.

Your post-match stuff got processed allready? Lucky so and so.

Actually it didn't... so... wait a sec. I assumed the pops happened straight after the match, but if not then the pops must have been from Wednesday night and so maybe I have more pops to look forward to tonight! Hurray!

It's gas though, because all of my opponents in the league are bots, their scores go up instantly, but myself and whatever lad I played have a lag down to my pesky human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

15 outa 15 points so far. cant complain.

15 out of 15 for me also:cool:

BUT best player now out for a month!:( guess his trainings will be reassigned now.

I just realised that I'm slowly climbing the rankings, without doing anything. By beating bots I get +0.00000 but it seems loads of fun people are losing so I'm very very slowly climbing by staying stationary! Zah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm yet to win a league game this season. :p

the poor fella im playing in the cup must be raging. he spent 10 mins camped on my line and had 2 tries disallowed, then i stroll up to his line and score straight away. funny for me tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I'm winning against Forza Juve in the cup. The only real way I can see this happening is that I accidentally didnt set it to WNWIM. I honestly can't remember whether I did or not:( Was in a rush setting up the team last night. Lets hope I didn't **** him over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

This just came up in the Commentary:
    The game has been interrupted by what appears to be a monkey, or some other small primate being let loose on the pitch. Wait, a woman is coming across to take the monkey off the field, and strangely seems to be giving the monkey a telling off... Oh dear, sorry, it appears that was a small child. Who knew babies could have that much hair?

21-0 up after 60mins. Yeeha!

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    This just came up in the Commentary:

21-0 up after 60mins. Yeeha!

very good. wish my games had good lines like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I'm winning against Forza Juve in the cup. The only real way I can see this happening is that I accidentally didnt set it to WNWIM. I honestly can't remember whether I did or not:( Was in a rush setting up the team last night. Lets hope I didn't **** him over

Well my teams true abilities are now showing. Was winning by 7 points 5 minutes ago. Im 5 points down now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Skin of my teeth but I'm through! Phew.... played about with my team but looking forward to reading the summary now that I can breathe again lol.

I think my tough choice about "to LTNT or not to LTNT" was necessary and I chose the wrong option.

LTNTed the guy... 68 - 5 to me. Dominated every aspect. Either he saw I was a Div4 team and WNWIMed it or I would have taken him handily enough with normal. Dang. Hate wasting a good LTNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Normalled it and won 40-0. Probably would of gotten away with WNWIM but still happy I didn't take the risk, was away from home too.

More money next week, lets hope for an alright draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

I think my tough choice about "to LTNT or not to LTNT" was necessary and I chose the wrong option.

LTNTed the guy... 68 - 5 to me. Dominated every aspect. Either he saw I was a Div4 team and WNWIMed it or I would have taken him handily enough with normal. Dang. Hate wasting a good LTNT.

I know what you mean, I feel like I wasted a normal. Won 60-0, should of WNWIM, wish I had that energy back.

WNWIM intensity and a 59-7 win, raging they scored the 7 pointer at the end:mad: :p

Waiting now for the reviews to see how a few players did in new positions. bring on round 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Um, ditto (8-55).
    I don't think of it as a waste though. Only way to be sure, and such.

Um, ditto (8-55).
    I don't think of it as a waste though. Only way to be sure, and such.

Very true. Hard to judge how good some of these teams really are. I'm hoping to get a major scalp in this competition, I'm sure some big team is going to wnwim me and I'll be all "oh yeah, that's nice..oh oh, what's this... POW LTNT IN YO FACE!" Excellent. :D

• Advertisement

Just pulled a great player! first decent pull from the YA!:D
    203cm and 19k csr, only poor skill is stamina which is about to get a SH1TE load of training!!

Wooo, very excited YA starting to pay off!:cool:

Advertisement