Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    So I take it this means Daveharnett is our new spiritual leader and war captain?

A couple of clicks and Dave's ie boards career is over. A couple of e-mails and Dave's blackout rugby career is over. Basically, Dave's my bottom dollar bitch, and when he stops performing I'll just replace him with a new little puppet... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Managed a suprise victory at home against the top team in my league 15-7.

After losing with my starting team the week before using ltnt at home against the 2nd best team I rang the changes to rest players, with 9 player changes and only 2 starters in their normal positions.

Due (at least mainly) to the oppositions resting of their own players though I took a suprise victory in a match I took for lost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

So I take it this means Daveharnett is our new spiritual leader and war captain?
    Orizio wrote: »
    A couple of clicks and Dave's ie boards career is over. A couple of e-mails and Dave's blackout rugby career is over. Basically, Dave's my bottom dollar bitch, and when he stops performing I'll just replace him with a new little puppet... ;)

Patience frankee. It's not checkers, it's chess.
    They lie in wait like wolves. The smell of blood in their nostrils. Waiting. Interminably waiting. And then...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

*nods and awaits the coming of the storm*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Indeed, my plan of getting Dave to do all the work while I continue to own the league and this forum has worked perfectly, I tried the same with Zaraba and some other bloke who's name I can't remember but unfortunately they both had lives...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    Indeed, my plan of getting Dave to do all the work while I continue to own the league and this forum has worked perfectly, I tried the same with Zaraba and some other bloke who's name I can't remember but unfortunately they both had lives...:p

Ajefferes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »
    Ajefferes....

Yeah, what happened to Jeff ?

I see he was the only boardsie to win their Div 3 league last year and he also has an U20 American in his squad now..

Does leaving boards make you a more successful manager ?

jprender wrote: »
    Yeah, what happened to Jeff ?

I see he was the only boardsie to win their Div 3 league last year and he also has an U20 American in his squad now..

Does leaving boards make you a more successful manager ?

Dang! i my team used to be equiviant to his ranking-wise... he must have sky rocketed!

Need to get me some of these quality internationals going round, training facilities are rapidly progressing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »
    Dang! i my team used to be equiviant to his ranking-wise... he must have sky rocketed!

Need to get me some of these quality internationals going round, training facilities are rapidly progressing:)

Have a word with Johnnysmack.

He is putting together the potential squad members for the U20 Irish side for the WC in Season 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

My Cup run ends tonight, Its impossible for me to beat my opponent so i'm sending the kids out for some training and experience. God bless 'em. They're going to be slaughtered.

• Advertisement

jprender wrote: »
    Have a word with Johnnysmack.

He is putting together the potential squad members for the U20 Irish side for the WC in Season 12.

Cheers, I'll fire off a pm to him so. put my name in the hat for the last ultimate training program but as my facilities were poor then i expected not to be offered anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Ha! Have just seen the match up for tonights cup match and it's not even funny! If I can put double figures on the board and hold him to double figures I'll be very very pleased.

Good luck boardsies :)

Good luck to anybody left in the cup. The prematch makes it look like I've a chance... but checking the line-outs I notice his front row has more CSR than my whole pack!

Fingers crossed that he's WNWIMing me, cause I'm sure as hell LTNTing him! :cool:

I see this being a hectic game with stamina ultimately bring me down.

I opened the scoring with 7 points on the board after 5 minutes. By the 10 minute mark he had it tied.
    So far it's not as one sided as I'd feared. Just waiting for the horrible collapse of my team.

His players show their skill and drift past me for a slick try. 7 - 14 after 20mins.

Still losing, but apparently doing it in style: "Curly Sue Death Squad should be called the Harlem Globetrotters with this sort of play."

34 minutes into the first half and the Death Squad seem to have a Scottish aire to them... scores tied 14 - 14.

Terrifying stuff just before half time. His second try was pure back play, making a mockery of my defence with super fast play... but he starts the pick and go game, non stop rucking and I've no answer to it! He's slowly slowly getting nearer my line and the game has pretty much given up on me stopping him. Then he knocks it on. Tied at half time. Now I won't be happy unless I get a win!
    THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes into the second half and a superior fullback has yet again made a mockery of my defense! 14 - 21
    Hopefully this is just the bit in 300 where everybody gets killed... I'm waiting for a nation of backup.

60 minutes into the match and it's 14 -28. I now see that the 1st half was just designed to give me some hope before the total destruction that follows after the half time whistle.

Late try on my part left in 19 -28. Missed it by 9 points... I'm happy enough with the close margin but I think I would have preferred a slaughter, now I can't help but think of things I could have changed to get those extra 9 points!

I was 7-0 down after 3 mins! He's just subbed a 127K player with a 58k player! He's clearly playing WNWIM given the number of injuries he's had so far so at least I'll manage to keep the score down somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Congrats on an excellent first half Frankie, I watched a little while waiting for simulations to run. Hopefully you can last the pace.

Best of luck in the 2nd half Dreamer, I still believe (ish:p)

Also good luck to anyone else left in, I can't remember if there is.

Now I won't be happy unless I get a win!
    THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

GO SPARTA!!!!

I'm 19-0 down at half time and have had 2 tries disallowed by the stupid TMO.... Am gonna follow him back to his car after the match!

Now I think they are all out to get me.... Ref just gave an awful penalty against me which lead to a try for them. I just celebrated a turnover.... have given up on the chance to celebrate a score lol.

Lost 59-0, only got 64k for the match and lost my flyhalf. Oh well just as well I'm in a rubbish league.

Well done Curly Sue for a good match, watched the last half hour of yours cos it was more enjoyable than mine!

As expected, 47 -0 down, would have been a waste of LTNT if I had used it.

Finished 85-0. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭corny

Lost 89-0:(

I think my close run match is a pretty good reason to try LTNT in these situations. His props had a better CSR than my full pack and his scrumhalf was better than my combined backs, but obviously he WNWIMed and nearly lost it.

Must say I'm now looking forward to the end of the season, I need some Div 3 fun, all I have left now is the boards cup and a league of bots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Think Il give up on the league for this year as im in free fall at the min. Lost 3 of my last 4 league games. Il aim for the 4th playoff spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Beat the gnomes fairly handily without even using LTNT. Denied him a Losing/ 4try BP aswell, which i'm very happy with.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Beat the gnomes fairly handily without even using LTNT. Denied him a Losing/ 4try BP aswell, which i'm very happy with.

Does that mean you've knocked him out of auto-promote city?! At least it's gotten to the stage where you can drop a bonus point and still auto-promote... it was getting a bit tense there (ok, I'm lying, I keep winning 70-0 and today my 3,000 csr prop got man of the match on the wing! Eh Woh?!) but at least it's a bit more realistic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I got TNTed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

TNT'd my main rival in the league and won 34 - 3. Moves me up to 5th. Im just trying to finish 5th or 6th at this stage :rolleyes:

I Wnwim'd the runaway leader in my league today. Lost 0-79. Pretty happy with that.:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Does that mean you've knocked him out of auto-promote city?! At least it's gotten to the stage where you can drop a bonus point and still auto-promote... it was getting a bit tense there (ok, I'm lying, I keep winning 70-0 and today my 3,000 csr prop got man of the match on the wing! Eh Woh?!) but at least it's a bit more realistic now.

Currently yea, I've taken top spot in our league, but am on 33 out of a possible 35 points. He's on 30, and i wont meet him again till the last game, in what'll probably be the decider... I dont see him loosing against any of the other teams, and hopefully i'll do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Currently yea, I've taken top spot in our league, but am on 33 out of a possible 35 points. He's on 30, and i wont meet him again till the last game, in what'll probably be the decider... I dont see him loosing against any of the other teams, and hopefully i'll do the same.

You can be very sure of that my friend. I will win this league handy enough. Its gotten to the stage now that i am so bloody bored of div4 that i do not try anymore. I tend to play around alot with tactics and try new stuff, which obviously did not work yesterday, but doesnt matter cause its only a minor bump on the road to inevitable victory and thus promotion.:cool:

JohnButler wrote: »
    You can be very sure of that my friend. I will win this league handy enough. Its gotten to the stage now that i am so bloody bored of div4 that i do not try anymore. I tend to play around alot with tactics and try new stuff, which obviously did not work yesterday, but doesnt matter cause its only a minor bump on the road to inevitable victory and thus promotion.:cool:

Thems fighting words... plus at this stage you're well off the auto-promote trail, so you've got a possible qualifier on your hand. I have faith in the gnomes, but I reckon young Voodoo will have something to say to the contrary! Must keep an eye on your league, this is the most exciting Div4 gets!

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a nice feeling logging on and finding that the midpoint of the season CSR changes have boosted all my players upwards.

Yes I know it makes no difference as all players changed - but still nice to think of my players with a few extra CSR!:D

Advertisement