Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options
  • 10-02-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Getting the thread started.

I'm very excited about this new season. I got promoted to Div III and there are no BOTS in my league. I'm going to need to work hard and make the right LTNT decisions just to hopefully play a qualifier at the end of next season. That plus the boards.ie cup and the national cup, my fixture list is loaded. Best of luck everyone.

Eire
    Killarney RFC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Just when I thought there was no other boards teams in my league it turns out I didn't pick up on Killarney RFC.

Welcome to div. III.5! :D

Although your team looks stronger than mine so it mightn't work out too well for me :(. in fact a couple of the new teams seem a little tougher than those relagated, it will be be tricky to try and match last season's 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Same here, I'm promoted to IV.5. Should be an interesting year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »
    Just when I thought there was no other boards teams in my league it turns out I didn't pick up on Killarney RFC.

Although your team looks stronger than mine so it mightn't work out too well for me :(. in fact a couple of the new teams seem a little tougher than those relagated, it will be be tricky to try and match last season's 3rd.

Yeah, have Mr. Killarney in the boards cup and checked out his team... I feel bad for ya Mar-Z, I feel baaaaad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Through the first round of the Cup against a bot. Narrowly won 125-0 :D

Gonna be a slow season this year, got all bots bar one in my league so focus is gonna be on training and a good cup run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Through the first round of the Cup against a bot. Narrowly won 125-0 :D

I only won 88-0. Blast, looks like ive a bit of catching up to do:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

mar-z wrote: »

Grand, happy to see another boardie in the league. Our division is absolutely stacked top to bottom. The top two teams are in a class of their own.

Maybe we should discuss a tenacity agreement (WNWIM or Normal) in order to save our LTNT for the other opponents. Very good chance we could come in 3rd and 4th and avoid any relegation possibilities if we work together :).

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yeah, have Mr. Killarney in the boards cup and checked out his team... I feel bad for ya Mar-Z, I feel baaaaad.

Don't sell yourself short, you have a solid team as well. Wish we were playing at your stadium, Sunday Brunch Alamo, that place sounds delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

75 - 0 against a bot. Pretty happy to get some WNWIM training in ha

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

With my main Kicker injured from last season, I actually forgot to set the proper backup. Doesnt look like I threatened the posts at all in my match.

58-0 against a bot, and on continues my week of IGT with a bot up next on saturday

79-0 against a bot. I've prepared my special IGT squad of idiots and wannabe gods. I've pretty much got a season of IGT ahead of me. Ick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Happy enough with my league this year but don't think I'll be pushing for promotion. This will be a consolidation year on the pitch and (most importantly) in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

another bot in the cup, excellent... but not as much revenue as I would like!

Reckon I will be ok in the league this year, came third (cos I forgot the playoffs were on a friday!) so will use less LTNT this year and more WNWIM and normal against the top teams... others than scorched earth of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

eoferrall wrote: »
    another bot in the cup, excellent... but not as much revenue as I would like!

Reckon I will be ok in the league this year, came third (cos I forgot the playoffs were on a friday!) so will use less LTNT this year and more WNWIM and normal against the top teams... others than scorched earth of course! :D

Another bot in the cup for me aswell. I'm pretty happy, a cup run is what I'm after this season so its going well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Another Bot in the round 2 cup and one in the league this saturday. Lots of IGT for me.....

Knocked up my first century (101-5) on Wednesday (against a bot of course) so I'm delighted with that. Dastards managed to score a try of their own though :rolleyes:

Got another bot again in the next round as well

Eireannach wrote: »
    The top two teams are in a class of their own.

Yeah same thing happened last year, I actually think Barracudas have a slightly lower csr than the team that promoted but still it looks like there will be a runaway top two again this season
    Eireannach wrote: »
    Maybe we should discuss a tenacity agreement (WNWIM or Normal) in order to save our LTNT for the other opponents. Very good chance we could come in 3rd and 4th and avoid any relegation possibilities if we work together :).

I'm all for an agreement of some sort. wnwim being the preference as it will be good for igt and energy levels.

There is a chance that we get a 3rd/4th finish but to be honest I'll be happy enough if I avoid the auto-relagation spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I lost my first league match to one of the 2 new teams that came up into my div 3 league. Its 25-32. i should of won it though. My second row player when over the line for a try but then knocked it on when he was grounding it!! I suppose at least i got a losing bonus point. I'm after getting a boards team in the secound round of the national cup though, polk high.

Did anyone have a real match in round 2 of the cup? I'm currently devouring the bot... it's gonna be a system shock when I meet an actual playa.

Did anyone have a real match in round 2 of the cup? I'm currently devouring the bot... it's gonna be a system shock when I meet an actual playa.

Same here, bot round 1 and 2... not complaining but I think there is only one human in my league too! Lots of training this year me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Bot here also.. anyone finding blackout really slow today and timing out a lot?:mad:

Edit: 93-0, nearly at the 100 mark :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

eoferrall wrote: »
    Bot here also.. anyone finding blackout really slow today and timing out a lot?:mad:

yep, took ages for me to log in and then to load each page.

beat a bot 97-0. still haven't hit the century mark, bah!

Same here, bot round 1 and 2... not complaining but I think there is only one human in my league too! Lots of training this year me thinks!

Ditto to the max. On the plus side I'm getting multiple pops every week and discovering I've been wasting some players on certain positions.

Ended tonight 86-0. Still chasing a century, but the boys I had on for training are in need of attacking training, so not overly worried there.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

25-7 against a bot.

Another bot for me in round 3. In some ways it's boring but hey at least I should win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Another bot for me in round 3. In some ways it's boring but hey at least I should win it!

Just think of the money and IGT!!

Got a real player in round 3. 500 below me in the world rankings. If he doesn't LTNT me, I should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

I got drawn against somebody who is 650 places above me in the world. We're both DIV III though -he musta been relegated last year

his top 3/4 guys total CSR is nearly more than my whole teams!!:eek:

guess round 3 is as far as i go this season again:(

worst thing is i wont even get a big payday....his stadium is only 5600!!!!!

oh woe is me

daheff wrote: »
    I got drawn against somebody who is 650 places above me in the world. We're both DIV III though -he musta been relegated last year

his top 3/4 guys total CSR is nearly more than my whole teams!!:eek:

guess round 3 is as far as i go this season again:(

worst thing is i wont even get a big payday....his stadium is only 5600!!!!!

oh woe is me

LTNT that shiz and you should get through. Everyone is very careful with energy this weather... if he's that much above you he'll probably WNWIM and then you should take him. All depends on how much of a priority the cup is in relation to your general game plan.

I've another bot in round 3, but I'm financially fubar-ed ... my stadium is so big that the bots aren't filling it and it's costing me stupid amounts in staff etc. I'm only making about 10,000 for each match! Gah! I'm afraid the squad will have to be culled quite soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I've drawn a human too. Not that strong, but his LTNT would probably beat my normal. Also have my closest league rival this saturday. I've got some deciding to do.

Would A team LTNT on saturday followed by B team LTNT on wednesday be suicide? Even if I defer the sale of some academy pulls and buy a player, i'll still have four or five men who'll have to play both matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I've another bot in round 3, but I'm financially fubar-ed ... my stadium is so big that the bots aren't filling it and it's costing me stupid amounts in staff etc. I'm only making about 10,000 for each match! Gah! I'm afraid the squad will have to be culled quite soon. :(
    I'm pretty sure that you can reduce the number of stadium staff to suit the actual attendance without upsetting anybody. If so, that would help the profit margin on home games.

• Advertisement

Got my second cup ton of the season with the exact same score as last round of 101-5.

Unfortunately got a 2nd div team next round so thats the fun over. He's nearly 1000 places ahead of me in the world rankings. I've thought about doing what Frankie said and give at a lash ltnt-style but I think I'll concentrate on staying in the div. 3 again this season (one year I'll make it past the 3rd round in the cup).

Advertisement