Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your finest retort

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Back in '94 I was dropping few mates off at The Pod on Harcourt St.

The lads jumped out and just me and a friend were left in the car and just as we drove ten yards down Harcourt St two branch cars pulled alongside the car and in front of me, sirens blaring, lights .. nightmare.

Didn't even ask me to get out of the car but pulled us both from the car saying 'Where's the gear lads'.

Apparently, they'd been looking out the window of the station there and seen the lads chatting to my mate forcing me to take money for the lift and me saying 'No' and giving it back and put 2 and 2 together and got 10.

So there we were and the emptied the boot, car mats, spare wheel, glove box, jackets - everything.

At this stage more branch had come on the scene and intoduced themselves as the Drug Squad but the original branch guy that pulled me from the car kept calling the two of us names like 'Smart Boy' and 'Big Men' as we were saying were just dropping people off :rolleyes:

Eventually all the cops just stood around as this one guard laughed at us putting the wheel back in the boot and mats and jackets and car jack. There must have been a dozen of them with real belly laughs at their fellow Guard ribbing away at us.

Then just as we were finished and ready to go he throws my mates jacket in the boot on top of the spare wheel and slams the boot shut and says 'Now, f**k off lads and if your seen back driving around here your for it".

I just looked at him in shock, mouth open and slowly said..

"What did you do that for?? You've just locked my keys in the boot!"

He stared blankly at me and went pale and looked at all the guards and back at me and stuttered and mumbled for a sec before I just smiled sarcastically, pullled them from my jeans pocket and said..

"No wait, here they are" and walked to the car as every single one of the guards broke their bollox laughing at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A friend of mine used to always joke about my sister being pregnant and that the impending baby was his, much lulz on his part.

We all used to give him stick for going out with a then-17 year old when he was 22, he didn't like it much. He moved over to England with her working and we didn't see him for a few months.

So he came back one Xmas and went to the lads flat where we all met up to go out. I came in and sat down beside him to which the 1st thing he said was:

Him: "So Duggy.....................hows my child?"
    Me: "You tell me, you're living in England in with her." (referring to the girlfriend)

The room erupted in laughter and a tirade of abuse came from everyone for a good 15 minutes. He left that flat a destroyed man. :pac:

Another tme I got him back over something when we were at a nite-club and he was holding the other half's hand. I got her to play along and sneakily switch her hand with mine, he was never the wiser as I stood beside him chatting to him for 2 minutes as we held hands. He stared to rub me hand with his finger upon which I aborted immediately by raising our hands to his face, he went sick in the head!!

I couldn't stop laughing all nite :P Ah, memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

Myself and a few mates were on the way back from town on the nightlink. We were sitting near the back and there was another group sitting up near the front. The bus was packed.

One of the other group shouted down to us " No luck with the women tonight lads yis fags?" thinking he was great. We didn't even bother respond cause they were dodgey looking ****ers.

Five miutes later he shouts down again: "Still thinking of a comeback are yis?"

To which my mate replied: "If I wanted come back I'd take it back off your aul ones chin"

The whole bus full of drunkards heard the exchange and erupted with laughter, needless to say your man didn't have a word to say for the rest of the journey

Was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Bonito wrote: »
    If you're not going to contribute to the thread you know where the door is!
    Ok I will break it down for you. I'll try to be nice.
    Basically some guy was laughing at you, so you went crazy, kicked your chair, slammed your hands down, drama etc.
    Then you went on some mad rant that didn't really make much sense about meat and something about a cocktail stick. (BTW was that supposed to be a vague threat or something?)

The teacher didn't react probably because the whole scene was so lame, and he/she was probably trying VERY hard not to just laugh at you. (yes, at you, not with you, to use your own highly original line.)

Then for you to start a thread on a busy internet board claiming that this was your best "Zing!". Well, I'm sorry but people are going to have to let you know that it was crap. Sarky said this a little more concisely than I did.
    :) token smiley.

But good point, I should contribute, so heres a good one:

So there was two fat knacker girls in pyjamas walking down Henry St, they see a youngfella up from the country in worn country garb. They yell at him, "hey mista' where di' ya get yar jumpar? In the dump or somethin'?"
    So he walks on by, turns around and looks them both up and down from behind. He says "Hey girls, where did you two get those arses? McDonalds?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

el judìo wrote: »
    Ok I will break it down for you. I'll try to be nice.
    Basically some guy was laughing at you, so you went crazy, kicked your chair, slammed your hands down, drama etc.
    Then you went on some mad rant that didn't really make much sense about meat and something about a cocktail stick. (BTW was that supposed to be a vague threat or something?)

Where did I say I went crazy? I was calm the whole time.
    The teacher didn't react probably because the whole scene was so lame, and he/she was probably trying VERY hard not to just laugh at you. (yes, at you, not with you, to use your own highly original line.)

The teacher didn't react because she was shocked. When I was in school I was there to learn not act the prick like some of the wasters. I was quiet in class, I kept myself to myself and didn't bother anyone so they seen me as an easy picking but **** themselves seeing me blow my top on one occassion outside of school.
    Then for you to start a thread on a busy internet board claiming that this was your best "Zing!".

Sorry but I'll start a thread on whatever dam well pleases and interests me.
    Well, I'm sorry but people one person who has nothing better to do with their time than to argue with a stranger on an internet forum are going to have to let you know that it was crap. Sarky said this a little more concisely than I did.
    :) token smiley.

Fixed that for you :rolleyes:
    But good point, I should contribute, so heres a good one:

Glad you agree.
    So there was two fat knacker girls in pyjamas walking down Henry St, they see a youngfella up from the country in worn country garb. They yell at him, "hey mista' where di' ya get yar jumpar? In the dump or somethin'?"
    So he walks on by, turns around and looks them both up and down from behind. He says "Hey girls, where did you two get those arses? McDonalds?"

Now here's my opinion on your contribution. It was crap, everyone knows mc donalds don't sell giant stick on arses. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    That's what she said!

Only came so i could say that...

THATS WHAT SHE SAID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Where did I say I went crazy? I was calm the whole time.

You "booted your stool down the classrom" calmly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Once, there was a guy in my class who I occasionally slagged a bit, as you do in your school days.
    One day he went a bit mental at me, started shouting loads of crap about how he had chicken stuck in his teeth and he'd stab me with a toothpick if I didn't shut up or something.
    So I says:
    "Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, what a shit retort!"

That was a good 'un

Only came so i could say that...

THATS WHAT SHE SAID
    What does someone say for you though?

"That's what she/he said"? :confused:

Or leave it at "That's what Tar said"?

jd007 wrote: »
    You "booted your stool down the classrom" calmly?
    Of course. It adds to the effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I heard your sister started drinking again.

I heard your sister started drinking again.
    Only on the wknds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Can't get much better than this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

No offense op but i cringed when i read that. Physically!! :confused:

No offense op but i cringed when i read that. Physically!! :confused:
    No worries none taken :) Have you got one of your own to share with us?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

OP, you sound like the type to bring a gun to school some day.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Who says I didn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Dean820 wrote: »

I was just thinking the same thing!!! Haha! :D

As for me??? Probo have had some legend ones that I cant remember. :p Hmmm... the latest one I remember happened about a week ago. This guy I know and despise was going out with my little sisters friend. It didn't last very long, and he blamed me for their breakup (about 2 weeks after they started i think). :rolleyes: Apparently I turned her against him. Everybody say..paranoia!! Haha.

I work in a local bar and he always played the sanctimonious, holier than thou, my body is a temple pioneer assho*e. Now i have nothing against pioneers... just against guys who hide peoples drinks when they're not looking, and lecture them about the evils of drink.

So he was trying to impress the girl one night in the shop where he works. I just so happened to be there at the same time and he decided his best tact would be to apologize to me. I grudgingly accepted..just to get out of there. Then he gave me the whole i never drink..i just drink lots of red bull....blah blah... so i kinda lost all miss nice girl.

I smiled at him and said O right sorry about that. I thought you drank sometimes. He was all like no no, i get mad hyper off red bull. So i gave him my cutest, sweetest smile and said Hmm so on stevens night when you passed out on the main street in a puddle of your own vomit, that was caused by red bull. Remember?? I'd get that checked out sweetie!! *Exit*

Haha it was just an epic kill of his chances that night. I'm not ashamed to say i did a little victory dance outside in the car!! Haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

me and a mate on the bus ages ago:

Him: know any jokes

me: yeah ... *pregnant pause* look in the mirror

Got a fair few laughs by everyone around us

not sure if thats Finest or pure win though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I know a guy who was the very same mahamageehad sanctimonious, holier than thou and couldn’t understand why anyone would violate their bodies with alcohol. I couldn’t stand the guy he was always the kind of person who put people down to make himself look bigger.

Anyway I arrived into the pub late one Friday night after getting stuck in work and arrived at the table that my friends and him where sitting at before getting my drink and said. “God I've been dying for this pint dose anyone want anything." Or something along those lines anyway. To which he said “I cant understand why people feel the need to drink.” I said “I drink to relax and to have a good time.” He snorted and in a real snotty stuck up way said “Well I don’t need alcohol to have a good time.” Everyone else at the table just rolled their eyes but I had had a hard day and wasn’t in the mood for this guy who I really didn’t like anyway and hadn’t expected to be there. “Nobody here needs alcohol to have a good time but it makes it easier, you don’t need to use a match to light a fire either but I’ll be ****ed if I’m going to sit there rubbing two twigs together, besides the only way ill find you anyway interesting is if I’m pissed.”. My mates laughed and I turned and went to the bar before he could think of anything to say. When I came back to the table he was quite as a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Helix wrote: »
    only coz nothing he could possibly have said would have made you look like any more of a complete tosspot than you had just managed yourself
    Banned.

Not a bad retort

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

OP A Retort consists of quick fire wit, not hissy fits thrown by teenagers.

Anyway- they don't get much better than Pigheads come back here"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055249267&highlight=Anagram

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Chatting to a friend in a club and she introduces me to a friend of hers.

Friend goes to bar and leaves me chatting to her mate for a bit, kinda slagging eachother, shes a bit of a snobby **** and fairly annoying, im not into her at all and she says "If this is your way of flirting, you're crap at it".

so I say "Sorry, you're not my type" she says "oh, and what is your type so?"

I look her dead in the eye, dead serious face and say "attractive" and walk away just as my friend gets back from the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Have to say that Pighead retort made my morning, bloody classic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Mine was when I was in secondary school in Biology. One of the "popular" ppl decided to make nasty references to my gorgeous highlighted blonde locks (naturally highlighted from the sun while I was in Spain) he was jealous because mine looked more awesome than his :cool:

I got fed, I booted my stool down the classroom, walked up to his desk and slammed my hands down (in full view of the class) and said "Yano somethin, I can't stand you, half the people in here laugh at your stupidity and not because you're funny, they're laughing AT you and not WITH you. Wanna know what you are? You know when you've gone out for dinner and had a nice juicy steak or that delicious chicken and ham? Yeh? Well, you're that annoying bastard of a piece of meat that gets stuck between your teeth and does your head in for the rest of the fúcking day trying to get it out when you haven't got a toothpick! Now, you keep pissing me off and I swear I'll get a toothpick, so stop annoying me! Are we clear?"

I then picked my stool up and sat down in awe of the teacher and a completely silent open-mouthed classroom, I was last leaving the class and she simply winked and smiled and said "don't let rubbish like that get to you" :)

Your turn peeps :D

I've had better comeback from the splashes on my arse caused by a particularly big heavy shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Ok everyone hit me with it. I want a full blown story with these ones and I don't care how late it is. Commit to the thread. I want to know what was the best back answer you had to someone. Whether it was someone trying to start a fight or whatever and you shut them up with something extremely epic! I'm talking about the kinda sentence that makes you turn around, hold up your chin, strut it away while walking and then not being able to help smile and say to yourself "Yehhhhh motherf****Er" :D

Mine was when I was in secondary school in Biology. One of the "popular" ppl decided to make nasty references to my gorgeous highlighted blonde locks (naturally highlighted from the sun while I was in Spain) he was jealous because mine looked more awesome than his :cool:

I got fed, I booted my stool down the classroom, walked up to his desk and slammed my hands down (in full view of the class) and said "Yano somethin, I can't stand you, half the people in here laugh at your stupidity and not because you're funny, they're laughing AT you and not WITH you. Wanna know what you are? You know when you've gone out for dinner and had a nice juicy steak or that delicious chicken and ham? Yeh? Well, you're that annoying bastard of a piece of meat that gets stuck between your teeth and does your head in for the rest of the fúcking day trying to get it out when you haven't got a toothpick! Now, you keep pissing me off and I swear I'll get a toothpick, so stop annoying me! Are we clear?"

I then picked my stool up and sat down in awe of the teacher and a completely silent open-mouthed classroom, I was last leaving the class and she simply winked and smiled and said "don't let rubbish like that get to you" :)

you did that, and then thought to yourself "Yehhhhh motherf****Er :D"

/facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I remember once when I was younger I got lost out in the countryside. As I tried to make it back to town I found myself getting more and more lost until before long was pitch black and I had no idea where I was goin. Eventually I found myself back on the path to town. As I came upon a crossroads a strange man approached me. He eyed me up and down before saying :

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"

After thinking about this strange & insulting comment for several seconds I replied "How appropriate. You fight like a cow!"

1-0 to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I honestly can't believe you shared that story...

Did you ever watch something on TV or see someone making such a tool of themselves that it physically made you cringe and feel embarrassed for them?

I didn't think it was possible to get that reaction from reading something on the internet but "Yeah Mother Fúcker!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

After a few unpleasentries exchanged with one of my many enemies in school it got to the low point of "Yore ma" comments.

Me: "Yeah, well I rode your Ma!".

Evil Foe: "My Mam's dead".

Me: "Maybe that's why she didn't move around that much".

I really hope he was just lying to make me feel bad.

Advertisement