Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon - Boards Relay Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone else for Luigis before I book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Who is running leg 2 for our team? as I'll be hoping to give you a bag with my camera so that when I hand over you can hand me my bag.
    Still no sign of getting a pass for behind the finish line.

Chinquetti is doing leg two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Anyone else for Luigis before I book?
    hope there isnt a campila bacta outbreak in luigi's.....

ultraman1 wrote: »
    hope there isnt a campila bacta outbreak in luigi's.....

You're not working there that night are you? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/

And now you can all see what we'll be wearing for the full and the relay. Glad to see that they have improved on the crappy full t-shirt from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

chinguetti wrote: »
    http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/

And now you can all see what we'll be wearing for the full and the relay. Glad to see that they have improved on the crappy full t-shirt from last year.

from that..

"
    a huge number of the people involved in the relay event will be first time runners. They might take part in this event and they might not run for the rest of the year."

good to see so many first timers like ye taking part :D:D:D

Robin are your groupies sorted for the finish line???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just finally got round to having a look for the bus times, looks like I've to make my own way to my start, but here are the times for others that may need to know:

Relay Changeover Point - FIRST Bus to - LAST Bus to
    Silversprings - 08.00 - 08.30
    Ringmahon Road - 09.45 - 11.00
    Model Farm Road - 10.30 - 13.30

Model Farm Road changeover is irrelevant to Boards AC - A as I'll be running straight through that one.

Right folks, table booked for 18:45 on Sunday evening in Luigis. It's booked under my name, we could all meet somewhere beforehand for a drink and all go in together or pm me and I'll send you my number so you can meet the rest of us there.

I've booked two extra seats so if anyone wants to bring a friend or join us there is some extra space.

The motor that deals with my cars wipers is acting up, I'm still driving but just wanted to let stupid private, Robinph and menoscemo know in case they don't feel totally safe if it rains :D
    Theres a mechanic trying to track down a part for me but I'm not holding my breath as my car isn't a very popular one.

• Advertisement

Woddle wrote: »
    The motor that deals with my cars wipers is acting up, I'm still driving but just wanted to let stupid private, Robinph and menoscemo know in case they don't feel totally safe if it rains :D
    Theres a mechanic trying to track down a part for me but I'm not holding my breath as my car isn't a very popular one.

It's Cork city marathon time which going by previous years means lots and lots of sunshine and heat so no need to worry about them there wipers...

It just means one of the lads will have to jump out of the car with a sponge every so often to wash the bugs off :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Hey folks, I've had a dose for the last week and only beginning to get over it now. I haven't been able to train so I hope the emphasis is still on fun, please don't expect great things from me

OI wrote: »
    Hey folks, I've had a dose for the last week and only beginning to get over it now. I haven't been able to train so I hope the emphasis is still on fun, please don't expect great things from me

Absolutely, all the pressure is on the A team not us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

It's Cork city marathon time which going by previous years means lots and lots of sunshine and heat so no need to worry about them there wipers...

This year might be an exception:
    http://www.rte.ie/weather/
    "On Sunday, some early sunshine in the east but there will be showers or longer outbreaks of rain in west during the morning which will become widespread during the day,Bank Holiday Monday will be a generally showery day with showers or longer spells of rain, heavy at times, especially in the west."

A spare t-shirt and a bin bag for cover might be a good idea.

I've no idea where yee all got this information from our goal isto beat the A team!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Luigis carb loading
    RacoonQueen
    menoscemo
    chinguetti
    robinph
    Brianderunner
    OI
    woddle
    RAL3
    xebec
    sarsfieldsrock

I assume it is not just for relay members and I can tag along for the crack?
    Good idea by the way!
    I might join you as well. Hopefully they can fit someone else in after the booking has been made.
    I was going to head down the morning of the race from Mullingar but this would mean a 3:30 alarm call which is a bit extreme even for me.
    The logistics are a lot easier if we all meet up the night before the race rather than try and synch up on race morning.

We have space for you mithril. I'm sure they can amend the booking if we get more anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I've no idea where yee all got this information from our goal isto beat the A team!

Hmm... RQ, told you there was going to be some conflicting goals on your team :p

Well, if its raining alot i might just stay in the tunnel unlike it eases off and sign a few autographs, pose for photos etc.:D

OI, i've got a recovering torn calf so you won't be the only one who's not 100% so don't worry

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well, if its raining alot i might just stay in the tunnel unlike it eases off and sign a few autographs, pose for photos etc.:D

OI, i've got a recovering torn calf so you won't be the only one who's not 100% so don't worry

Thanks Chinguetti, I'm still very unfit at this stage, If I got around in 8:30 min miles that would be a very solid effort for me. I'm looking forward to it though. Sorry RQ but with me on the team its a tad unlikely that we'll beat the A Team. :o

• Advertisement

All just want to wish everyone the best of luck for Monday...

Hope the weather is perfect and not too windy which could throw off the perfectly timed baton transfer that ye have no doubt been working on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Best of luck to the Boards relay teams - hope ye all have the boards singlets on so i can recognise ye.

Any location or time for where we are meeting up for drinks on Sunday night?

What about Suas http://www.suasbar.com/home.html think it's just a couple of minutes walk from Luigis. Dinner is booked for 18:45 so about half five or six might be a good time to get together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

What about Suas http://www.suasbar.com/home.html think it's just a couple of minutes walk from Luigis. Dinner is booked for 18:45 so about half five or six might be a good time to get together?

I should be at the lancaster by about 5pm, so yeah, up for a drink. Just the one mind :D

What about post-race, I think Roy suggested somewhere earlier in the thread. Might be good to get a few of the full marathon runners along so we can show off about how much pain we're not in while they suffer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

What about post-race, I think Roy suggested somewhere earlier in the thread. Might be good to get a few of the full marathon runners along so we can show off about how much pain we're not in while they suffer. :pac:

:mad:

We're gonna meet somewhere close to the Lancaster after the race - I want to be able to make it back afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Best of luck to the relay-teams !!

will be watching out for those Boards singlets !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

xebec wrote: »
    :mad:

We're gonna meet somewhere close to the Lancaster after the race - I want to be able to make it back afterwards!

Larry Tomkin's - close to both the finish and the Lancaster?

I have safely landed in the PROC :)

• Advertisement

I see Dark skys and rain, awesome

Advertisement