Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon - Boards Relay Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

robinph wrote: »
    That is a team that can make a good stab at the 3hrs I think based on the times that people posted back in the thread. Except for Woddle being an unknown at this stage, once he stays clear of the pear cider the day before he shouldn't cause too many problems for us. ;)

It looks like myself, UL_student and mithril to all be doing close to 6's for a five mile'ish section based on the times we declared previously, so if woddle can manage to match your 7's we'd be well on target.

Fair enough, I'll know better after sunday but i reckon I should be doing 6:45s by the time this comes round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

The list loosely divided into teams, can obviously change but I figure the teams will look something like this?

Woddle
    Robinph
    Menoscemo
    UL student
    Mithril

Racoon queen
    Chinguetti
    Ral 3
    Xebec
    Shels4ever

It's great to have a full complement lined up for each team. Speaking from experience it is quite possible to have late withdrawals. As an individual runner can run more than one leg (as long as they're consecutive) then four, possibly even three, could cope under those circumstances.

There's time to set up a C team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I would love to be part of the 'A team' and do a sub 3 but i don't want to have to bail out after Edinburgh with an injury. I would feel terrible for messing up the record attempt by getting injured so hence the request for the 'B' Team. Sorry menoscemo but i think i might own ya one down the line.

I will offer to run the same leg as menoscemo and shout encouragement if required though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I don't really like the ART events sub forum as I always forget to look in here.

I do admit to being an unknown :D but I reckon I'll have myself sorted well before race day but I'd have no problems running for the B team and having someone else take over as captain, I'm a team player me :D and I know RAL3 and Shels will be in good shape also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Woddle wrote: »
    I don't really like the ART events sub forum as I always forget to look in here.

Use the Subscribed threads page to see what threads have been updated.

• Advertisement

Bump. Folks, just checking in what the story is with entering the teams for this. It appears that Woddle is Captain for the A Team so do we have a Captain for B Team?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

chinguetti wrote: »
    Bump. Folks, just checking in what the story is with entering the teams for this. It appears that Woddle is Captain for the A Team so do we have a Captain for B Team?

You have just been nominated!

What are our tactics on the day Boss?, I reckon we can take the A team....

Racoon queen is captain for B team, I'm going to have to drop down to B team as the fitness just isn't there yet, so I need one of you fit lads to jump to the A? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RAL3 wrote: »
    Better put me down for team B Woddle - doing well to break 35 at the moment..

This suggests otherwise. :D

Is the transfer window still open to allow for the poaching of team members?

I happily defer to RQ as our captain for Team B, sorry must have missed that on the thread somewhere.

Thanks for the nomination though RAL3 ;)

Sorry Woddle, i'm sticking to Team B as mentioned earlier in the thread

• Advertisement

So with the last minute substitutions we have:

Boards AC - A
    Ral3
    Robinph (C)
    Menoscemo
    UL student
    Mithril

Boards AC -B
    Racoon queen (C)
    Chinguetti
    Woddle
    Xebec
    Shels4ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I'm out... Gonna give the full a go considering the fine vein of form I'm in at the moment... Won't take much to get a PB so may as well give it a go :)

RQ has already given out to me and called me a dropout :pac: but I'm reliably informed that she's prepared to run two legs.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In fairness, it would probably take 2 legs just to get RQ going :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Only remembered this now when i got PMS

count me out thanks to achilles tendonosis leaving me with no training.

Sorry guys.

ULstudent wrote: »
    Only remembered this now when i got PMS

count me out thanks to achilles tendonosis leaving me with no training.

Sorry guys.

Robin for two legs???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So with the last minute substitutions we have:

Boards AC - A
    Ral3
    Robinph (C)
    Menoscemo
    Mithril

Boards AC -B
    Racoon queen (C)
    Chinguetti
    Woddle
    Shels4ever

Do we even still have two teams? I was going to pm my team today to make sure they're all still in.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Robin for two legs???

I'm OK with that if it's what is needed. Will make the sub3hrs more of a challenge, but we'd not want it to be too easy anyway. ;)

• Start (Patrick’s Street) to near Silversprings Hotel: 5.2 miles (8.3km)
    • Silversprings to Ringmahon Road: 5.5 miles (8.9km)
    • Ringmahon to Victoria Road: 5.8 miles (9.3km)
    • Victoria Road to Model Farm Road: 5.2 miles (8.4km)
    • Model Farm Road to finishing line (Patrick’s Street): 4.5 miles (7.2km)

Think that might work out as only a mile longer than I was landed with last year if I take the last two legs which look to be the shortest combination.

Boards AC -B
    Racoon queen (C)
    Chinguetti
    Woddle
    Shels4ever

Do we even still have two teams? I was going to pm my team today to make sure they're all still in.

Everyone in you team has confirmed on this thread in the last few days bar shels. Should we invite a few more in? I was thinking OI for the B team??

Everyone in you team has confirmed on this thread in the last few days bar shels. Should we invite a few more in? I was thinking OI for the B team??

If there is anyone else out there that could be press-ganged into running for either team but has so far managed to avoid this thread then get them in I reckon. We've only got until the beginning of next week before the entries close though.

I'll be there once the legs hold up after Edinburgh. Thus far they've been very good.

Have we any people we can press gang in for either team?

• Advertisement

I'll be there once the legs hold up after Edinburgh. Thus far they've been very good.

Have we any people we can press gang in for either team?

I have asked OI but he reckons he is too slow. If you want to convince him to run, hound him on his log!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

I'd like to do this for fun and meet a few boardsies but I'm quite happy to take a back seat if someone wants to ru 2 legs. I've only trained properly for the last week since the marathon in October. I'm very unfit and I'm at 9 min miles for a 5 mile route in training which could probably translate into 8:30 min miles for a race. This would also be a great incentive for me to get fit over the next five weeks and I'm sure I could hit 8 mm on the day.

I've been granted a green card from the Missus Embassy so there ya go. I'll be slow and i don't want to drag a team down. It would be a bit of fun for me and a chance to reacquaint myself with some boardsies. I will not be offended if someone faster volunteers or someone would prefer to run two legs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Welcome to team RQ.

Welcome on the good ship Team B OI.

I'll be just after finishing Edinburgh so i'll be doing it at training pace which is around 8.30 a mile. Of course if my Captain wishes me to go faster, i shall go faster:D

Great stuff!! we'll have a bit of craic down in cork. Now who can we wangle nto the A team??

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Great, I'm really looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Welcome to team RQ.
    Welcome on the good ship Team B OI.

I'll be just after finishing Edinburgh so i'll be doing it at training pace which is around 8.30 a mile. Of course if my Captain wishes me to go faster, i shall go faster:D

Hmm... looks like Team B has been rechristened to Team RQ! Wait till she gets the whip out in Cork and you'll all be trying to beat the A team :p

Sure we're only going along to enjoy ourselves and spread the Boards AC gospel down in Cork.

OI wrote: »
    I'm very unfit and I'm at 9 min miles for a 5 mile route in training which could probably translate into 8:30 min miles for a race. .

Welcome OI and I'm in the same boat as yourself, so don't be worrying, I'm just going for the crack. Are people staying over the day of the race, just curious as last year we didn't.

• Advertisement

Great stuff!! we'll have a bit of craic down in cork. Now who can we wangle nto the A team??

Yep, good work on the persuading OI in for the B team. :D

Is there anyone else we can target for the A-Team?

Advertisement