Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon - Boards Relay Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

menoscemo wrote: »
    Sure we'll see who is going closer the time. No need for two cars if one will do...where are you lads staying?

I'm more of a driver than a passenger, so I'll be def taking the car

Myself, Robinph and kevinkilbane all stayed in a b&b last year and it was great value but can't remember the name, any ideas Robinph

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not a clue, was about to ask if you remembered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's great how GMail lets you do a proper search through al your old emails... found the name of the B&B we had last year. :D

Boards AC - A is now entered in the relay for Cork Marathon. This years heroic attempt at sub three for the Boards Athletic Club team will be completed by RAL3, mithril, menoscemo and robinph.

Any Brazillians in Cork on the June Bank Holiday Monday should make their way to the finish line for just before midday to get their picture taken with me and the rest of the team. :D

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Any Brazillians in Cork on the June Bank Holiday Monday should make their way to the finish line for just before midday to get their picture taken with me and the rest of the team. :D

I still have my press pass from last year, so I'll see you there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Scrap that ^^^^^
    lancaster lodge http://www.lancasterlodge.com/ is only €150 for a twin room for the two nights so under €40 pp per night.
    It's 4 stars and just down from the Jury's and RQ recommended it :D

Just booked this now for Myself and OI. €154 in total for the two nights. That's €37.50 each per night. Real baragin IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Just booked this now for Myself and OI. €154 in total for the two nights. That's €37.50 each per night. Real baragin IMO.

That's superb man, is that to be paid when we get down there or do you want me to forward you a few bob

OI wrote: »
    That's superb man, is that to be paid when we get down there or do you want me to forward you a few bob

No worries, just had to pay about €7 booking deposit, the rest is to pay paid down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Booked into Lancaster, heading down Sunday & staying Monday night

• Advertisement

hi RQ, just wondering did you get my PM, I sent it from my iPhone and I know from past experience that that can be a bit dodgy when sending PMs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah, team just registered. Shels isn't joining us so sadly I will be FORCED to run two legs. Damnit! :D

Team B ready for take off.

Oh and for the record, now I'm not running Edinburgh, there's no fuffing way we're losing to team A. :pac:

I'll be sure to get a quality pic of you finishing. Could you pm me your adress and I'll post you out a cheque for my part of the registration. Thanks for sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'll be doing Edinburgh (all going well) so i can be excused from going really, really fast Captain RQ? Also is it ok to pay you my part of the entry fee when we're down in Cork?

I'm also booked into the Lanchester for the Sunday night so i'm guessing its become the HQ for Boards. Great prices for a bank holiday weekend too.

Yep it's cool to give me the entry fee down in Cork.

I'm just back home now after being at a wedding all weekend. It's seriously a joke how unfit I am so please don't expect me to contribute to a fantastic time. But we'll definitely have a bit of craic. I actually can't believe I've agreed to / volunteered for this :):)

edit:,I'm gonna be on my VERY best behaviour for the next four weeks

Booked into Lancasater now too.

Anyone up for a nice carb loading meal together on Sunday night then? Think we ate in Luigi Malones last time we were in Cork?

Anyone up for a nice carb loading meal together on Sunday night then? Think we ate in Luigi Malones last time we were in Cork?

Only if beer counts as carb loading (don't tell robinph)

Mmmmmmm luigi malones (salivates)

• Advertisement

I just got the confirmation of the entry for "Boards AC - A" through in the post this week.

I've had a very lazy week and not run since the Kildare Half as the legs were a bit knackered, but will head out and give them a run this weekend now to make sure they are still actually working properly.

Based on me putting names in a random order in the list I propose the following line up:

RAL3 - Start (Patrick’s Street) to near Silversprings Hotel: 5.2 miles (8.3km)
    menescemo - Silversprings to Ringmahon Road: 5.5 miles (8.9km)
    mithril - Ringmahon to Victoria Road: 5.8 miles (9.3km)
    robinph - Victoria Road to Model Farm Road: 5.2 miles (8.4km)
    robinph - Model Farm Road to finishing line (Patrick’s Street): 4.5 miles (7.2km)

As the legs are all pretty much the same distance it doesn't make much difference in our order, but someone might have a preference to doing a particular leg or they might be eager to get to the finish and round up the cheerleaders first.

^^^^^^
    The above looks A ok to me.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Robin just wants to round up the babes before the rest of you arrive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Looks good to me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Fine by me Skipper

Thats me booked in for Cork now, staying Sunday and Monday.

I've 1 spot left in my car, I'll be leaving Dublin at about 1pm to 2pm so if anyone needs a lift

Got that post today Woddle, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Has the Boards pub HQ been agreed? If not then we might consider Larry Tomkins*, near to St Patrick's Bridge and near to the Lancaster :) Suggestions from the Corkites?

* Cork football legend, not many of those about :(

• Advertisement

Got that post today Woddle, thanks.

So is chinguetti still in with his injury? If he is in I can either take my car or the train, but if Aimman is drafted in he has already offered a second lift.

Advertisement