Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

49.99 in game, Traded Bioshock 2 for 35 (not bad)

played an hour, the sniping is the sheeet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Picked it up today, just installing now. If anyones up for a game later I should be on for a while - psn: landsleaving

Probably the first and only game I'll ever buy entirely for online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

RAIN wrote: »
    49.99 in game, Traded Bioshock 2 for 35 (not bad)

played an hour, the sniping is the sheeet

Feckers, Game in Cork only gave me 25 for Bioshock 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

funny, for all the flak it takes i'm enjoying the SP more than the MP. may be teething issues.. may be the maps in BC1 were so-oooo much better... -may be i don't know wtf is going on anymore :eek:

Gptta say I'm really enjoying this. Running people down in an ATV is great, the tank is fun, and I actually feel like I'm doing half decent for my team even though I'm only at the very basic level.

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote: »
    funny, for all the flak it takes i'm enjoying the SP more than the MP. may be teething issues.. may be the maps in BC1 were so-oooo much better... -may be i don't know wtf is going on anymore :eek:

In Battlefield the first day is just learning WTF is going on!
    Youl be like addicted soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Just finished the SP.
    Brilliant!!!

Graphics, and maps are excellent.
    AI is quite smart at times, sometimes dumb, but generally balanced.

Gonna go trophy hunting now - just gotta find those MCOM stations.

damn guys.. Servers Down til 8am?! :confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846973

thats a bit amateurish for the EA/BF crew by now. just as well i'd been enjoying the SP more..

Very un funking cool

EA Online is currently investigating an outage of the servers that affects a number of EA games. A fix will be done as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Googled the error message and among top results was a Bad Company 1 forum thead from June 2008 - history repeats itself.

• Advertisement

its back up at the moment.. :) gonna get stuck in

you know what? i miss the smiley ringpull

• Registered Users Posts: 29,639 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dunno whether to get this game or not, never played battlefield before. I have MW2, got to level 4 in single player and never touched SP after starting MP. I'm level 47 but lost interest in it then. I'm looking for a more fun crazy MP game. Is the MP in this better than MW2?

The vehicles look class. Are there any carriers where one person drives while other people just hop on or use mounted guns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Loving the multiplayer last night til the servers went down , mind you I hadn't a fooking clue where I was going , the maps are vast " just run towards the A & B " :eek: , should be great craic when I get used to them . So I started playing SP ....,

I must admit I was hesitant and a little underwhelmed at the first stage and cutscene , it was a little bit too much like MOH , but it was a short stage and as soon as it switched to modern day , I was like " OH YES" !

I have to go away for the night (booooo) so no more BFBC2 til tomorrow :(
    My wife has had to perform a PS3 controller amputation to get me off this game.

Well worth the €45 from Game( blagged the guy and told him HMV were selling LE for €45 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

How does this compare to MW2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Crosáidí wrote: »

Multiplayer.....
    Peoples own opinions are always different , but for me it's a lot more satisfying of a game .It promotes team work and most definitly is not for camping ( hence no PRONE ), if you camp you get spotted ( from distance) and killed.
    Don't get me wrong there is a place in this game for sniping but it takes more skill than MW2 . DICE have introduced bullet drop over distance , so if you are good a sniping it's a skill , not like MW2.
    The vehicles and destruction 2.0 are a joy .If you feel like something different , hop in a Tank or Heli and back up for assault.
    Feel like sitting in a building waiting on a enemy Tank ? Just remember he can bring down any building , including you .
    It has alot more dimensions than MW2 and the maps are vast , this gives you more options if your current tactic is not working.

I think you won't be let down if you get it.

My 2 pence worth .
    M.

Picking of picking this up tonight, don't suppose anyone recently traded in AC2 in xtravision and remembers how much they got? :P

I traded Assassin's Creed 2 in GAME when I got MAG and got €31 for it, that was over a month ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not being able to strafe, even slightly while sprinting is getting to me. A lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I traded Assassin's Creed 2 in GAME when I got MAG and got €31 for it, that was over a month ago though.

Got 28 yoyos for it in xtravision last night, not bad at all!

mixednuts wrote: »
    Multiplayer.....
    Peoples own opinions are always different , but for me it's a lot more satisfying of a game .It promotes team work and most definitly is not for camping ( hence no PRONE ), if you camp you get spotted ( from distance) and killed.
    Don't get me wrong there is a place in this game for sniping but it takes more skill than MW2 . DICE have introduced bullet drop over distance , so if you are good a sniping it's a skill , not like MW2.
    The vehicles and destruction 2.0 are a joy .If you feel like something different , hop in a Tank or Heli and back up for assault.
    Feel like sitting in a building waiting on a enemy Tank ? Just remember he can bring down any building , including you .
    It has alot more dimensions than MW2 and the maps are vast , this gives you more options if your current tactic is not working.

I think you won't be let down if you get it.

My 2 pence worth .
    M.

Sounds good. MW2 can be frustrating at times, yeah campers do my nut in
    Thanx was thinking of heading up to XtraVision to get it today
    €50 is it?

I think it TeaBags MW2, the sniping takes skill ESP from large distances. The biggest thing that it has over MW2 is the maps. There's no comparison BC2's are epic.

It's a great middleground between MAG and MW. I also love the levelling up mechanic. Realy happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I never got a chance to try the demo of this. The only Battlefield I got to play was 2 on the PC years ago and I didn't like it at all due to the amount of times you had to shoot someone to kill them. I had to empty an entire mag of an MP5 into someone to kill them.

Is this game any different? I like the damage the weapons in MW2 do, every gun is useful, a few rounds will drop anyone but its just a spam fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    DI'm looking for a more fun crazy MP game. Is the MP in this better than MW2?

The vehicles look class. Are there any carriers where one person drives while other people just hop on or use mounted guns?

Have only had two games with network issues last night - but it's a nice change from MW2. I've played that a good bit, too much in fact, and right now BFBC2 is just what I'm looking for.

Aiming feels more COD4 than MW2, or if you like, a more responsive KZ2 style - best fire in bursts to control kickback.

Playing Conquest (flag point capture like domination) in a tank is gas. I'm sure this will change in a short time when more people work out the best way to take out armour.

Depends on the vehicle, but team/map I was playing with had tanks with a driver controlling main turret, a rooftop cannon operated from inside (with a bit of zoom), and two side windows passengers could shoot out. Assist points doled out for passengers when a target is dropped.

I'm loving being able to paint targets by pressing select with the crosshairs on them - wanted something like that for a while.

Looking forward to getting more time in and seeing what it's like if rubble from destroyed locations and blown up vehicles work as cover.

The spawn options makes the 4-man squad stuff work really well.

Definitely a lot of better thought-out gameplay mechanics in BC2 than were introduced in MW2. And the audio deserves a special mention, it's vastly superior to MW2.

I can't get into the multiplayer at all. Finding it a bit frustrating at the moment. Most of the time in games it's just a case of spawn until the next guy I can't see kills me, then rinse/repeat. There's been no communication at all in any of the teams I've been on and it's a bit chaotic. Had a couple of good moments in games, but I can't say I've actually enjoyed any of the games I've played, yet anyway. Going to give it more of a chance so I can get used to it. It's definitely better than MW2. It just hasn't got its hooks into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm, wonder why it syncs trophies every time i start it... Trying to counter-act sony's useless gamercard support?

Solid game so far, MP is a bit chaotic but'll level out over the next few days i'd say.

Jesus Christ. I just want to sprint and move out of the way of a wall, while still aiming.

UUGH. Seems like a good game, but I can't handle that. Back to the shops with her.

Got it this morning, enjoying it so far only on SP campaign, it does seem a bit more difficult than COD, which is a good thing. If you get shot 2/3 times your dead compared to MW where you get riddled and are still running like a lunatic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

I can't get into the multiplayer at all. Finding it a bit frustrating at the moment. Most of the time in games it's just a case of spawn until the next guy I can't see kills me, then rinse/repeat. There's been no communication at all in any of the teams I've been on and it's a bit chaotic. Had a couple of good moments in games, but I can't say I've actually enjoyed any of the games I've played, yet anyway. Going to give it more of a chance so I can get used to it. It's definitely better than MW2. It just hasn't got its hooks into me.

There's no communication in the xbox version either, so I've found. It's very frustrating though, Im painting enemies left and right, designating areas to attack and defend, healing and reviving my team mates but there's just no co-operation most are in it for themselves. A few times now I've had the most points but been on the loosing team.

Maybe in a week or 2 people will learn to win you have to work together.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. I just want to sprint and move out of the way of a wall, while still aiming.

What game lets you aim while sprinting? I've never played one.

Crosáidí wrote: »

It kicks it firmly between the legs then tells it to stop whining.

A thousand times better. Really shows up just how flawed MW2 is.

• Advertisement

What game lets you aim while sprinting? I've never played one.

I just mean hold the camera fixed to the zone I'm running to, not aim the weapon. I keep clipping the edges of things. I could just turn, but it's disorientating.

Advertisement