Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

mixednuts wrote: »
    Pretty cool alright , i know he is using road kill with the UAV but is he using the UAV to shoot people at low level aswell ?
    What button press is the gun on the UAV ? ..me thinking it only calls a missle attack ?

When you get enough points in vehicles, its the third level I think? Then you can unlock alternate fire for the UAV, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Gave it a go this morning - have to say - I Like it !!!!!

Same damn sniper kept getting me though - think I'll be a Sniper anymore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Loved the beta, but after a week of playing MAG... Hmmm.. Maybe i just need some time to draw back into my Rambo style of playing FPS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Jaysus, the difference between this and MW2! Peeps defend and attack in squads, go for objectives, act tactically...and its only the demo. This is gonna be a great online experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

what one excels in the other fails miserably in... - does anyone else recall infantry combat in Bad Company 1? because if it was this shoddy i was a younger man w/ less expectations n more time to waste.. for example i threw myself in amidst a bunch or enemies and there were MANY failed gun and knife attempts on my life. point blank at that.. once they'd distinguished me as not one of em that is. melee reaction time eh.. an entire second after button press. the vehicles, obviously a BF title's selling point. other than squad tendencies - and i suspect this will feel less like the franchise within a franchise that was BF> Bad Company.. more just another BF.

could swear i don't remember infantry combat this bad.. - map design will make or break this. 'beta' one's meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Played the demo there, didn't like it personally, but I would imagine it's going to be quite popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Weird thing happened last night , I ended up in a game on my own ?
    Yes all those vehicles and helis for myself , now call me a loner but I had great craic practicing in the Helis and got some skills ( I think)
    I must have levelled about 10 buildings :)

only thing is it's a big map when on your own :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I hate snipers in these BF games.

It take so long to line up a headshot and if you miss or only get a body shot you have to line up the shot all over again as you reload.

However, it feels like when another sniper hits me with a body shot, a second one follows up almost immediately to finish me off.

Still playing the demo though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

noodler wrote: »
    I hate snipers in these BF games.

It take so long to line up a headshot and if you miss or only get a body shot you have to line up the shot all over again as you reload.

However, it feels like when another sniper hits me with a body shot, a second one follows up almost immediately to finish me off.

Still playing the demo though!

when you level up you get a sniper with i think 8 bullets in a clip

mailrewop wrote: »
    when you level up you get a sniper with i think 8 bullets in a clip

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Played the demo last night during a break from Modern Warfare :rolleyes:
    Was on a team of 3 against a team of 10 which didnt seem very fair??
    Did this happen anyone else? Its not exactly a BETA anymore so this shouldnt really happen.
    Long story short we got got A-holed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Could have been worse, it was me and another guy against a whole squad...then he left:(

And in reply to someone that said its a big map when you're on your own, it feels so so small when its 1 vs 12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

Sunday morning, there were just two each side!

I was on attacking team, and the two lads killed me four times by sneaking up from behind at the woods off the area you parajump into. One of them then disappeared. And my team made decided to park a tank at the top of the hill and fire everywhere at random for next 20 minutes! The match turned a total one-on-one between the other player (JKTD or something) and me. He got me another two or three times, but then I ended up snipping him about 10 times and then he gave up. Then I spend next 20 minutes running around clearing charges, and that was it. Got loads of points, new sniper rifle and a class upgrade. It was boring, but I won't complain, because there's no chance of me clearing any charges in a normal game - I am not very good tbh! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I'm definitely buying this game, based soley on the demo experience. The multiplayer is class, lovely big maps, not too crowded i.e. you don't respawn then die suddenly because the other side spawn right beside you, and the fact that you can drive tanks etc is savage craic!

It's a lot of fun, it'll be my first purchase where I'm buying it purely for the multiplayer component, usually I'm a single-player campaign person!

Someone resurrected me a couple of times yesterday, but I was immediately shot down by someone at the other team! I wonder if they were collaborating on this! :D

I must say , I am having great fun with this Demo .
    When you get in a good organised squad it can be such craic .
    Last night I managed to get over 15k points in one game (with bonus ) .
    I have a really sneaky but effective tactic when arming a bomb , works a treat and can get you multiple kills , also nothing better when Defending to go up onto the sniping spot on the first section (on the rock) and knife all those snipers , sit tight and do it again . I swear some players are so stupid :rolleyes:

Got a kill of my life when I chased a Tank , planted some C4 , waited , he ended up driving on and getting stuck beside his team mates tank , BOOOMMMMM sent him into tomorrow only for his Tank to set off the second one .:D

A good medic & engineer on your squad is a must , they can really help with keeping the pressure on the opposing team .
    Alot of people forget about Destruction 2.0 in this game , use it to your advantage (e.g) If your attacking on the second stage , and when trying to attack "Alpha" point (upstairs ) set some C4 or RPG on the gable walls of
    the house , it will kill any campers on the landing plus give you great access if not bring the house down.

Roll on March 5th ..pre order down .

M.

ha ha!!...that's funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

One of the better HItler vids i've seen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

One of the better HItler vids i've seen :D

the best ones were often the Pro Evo v Fifa debate. which is hard to call right now as they're both poor. which makes for a more frustrated hitler :rolleyes:

theres a peak at some jungle in the Jungle Skirmish level over here, from the campaign

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/28076

and Snow Village Invasion

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/28077

both lookn a hella lot better than that demo MP stage.. which i really don't like.

• Advertisement

Just knifed six ( yes 6 ) camper snipers in a row all together on top of the rock above Bravo Stage 1
    I would say the 1st guy I knifed got some shock watcing his kill cam , looking at me finish off the other 5 .

All those MW2 campers joining this demo are like lambs to the slaughter :)
    DICE have got it right with this game , you camp you get spotted ( select button whilst scoping ), you get spotted you get knifed ... Happy Days !

Tactics and team play are all that will succeed , will be very interesting in the next few months when everyone gets skilful and when 2 expert teams play rush.

Loving it !

M

Demo ends today.

Who is getting the game when it comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

positron wrote: »
    Demo ends today.

Really enjoyed the demo so im gonna def get it. See amazon are selling it £36.99. Anyone know of anywhere selling it cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Cant see it anywhere cheaper 37 pound is about 42-43 euro. Most online stores are selling it at this price. Defo going to get it.

positron wrote: »
    Demo ends today.

To quote Churchill....

"oh yes " ;)

what???the demo is ending??...ah crap.....ok...I'll buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Anyone else notice that it takes like 1 million or something XP to rank up to level 2 as it only took a small bit to rank up the first time?

Was this a way to slow down ranking up in the demo?

dunnaman93 wrote: »

Was this a way to slow down ranking up in the demo?

correct , no one would have ever made it to private3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Thats what I was thinking alrite but I just thought it was a bit strange since you could level up to 4 in the original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Anyone know the specifics of the Xtravision deal for this? It says something like 'Trade in two games and get BFBC2 free'. But that seems too good to be true. There wasn't any list of titles they would only accept on the promo that I could see.

Advertisement