Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

tiny timy wrote: »
    Got this game Friday, went to play it and got landed with a massive 2GB download that needed to happen first before i could play the game. MASSIVE! That's some updating, HAHA

Pretty sure that's the Vietnam DLC, it came in an update the code only unlocks access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

Ive just about had enough of EA games!

Its back up BTW

Its back up BTW

If it says ''Game unavailable'' you just need to log in and out of the PSN a few times, the servers haven't been down lately, just a glitch with the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

This trick worked for me today, Dice and EA need to get their S**t together at this stage, since vietnam i have had alot of problems with the game with lag, not connecting to servers and weapons gone also. I guess we have to wait for Killzone 3 for sony to take pride on giving a proper service on their servers for us commom folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Dice are doing maintenance on the serversin the next few days to fix the problem. Can't provide a link as I'm on my phone, but if ya look at the battlefield blog it should be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So haven't played BF in months. I quit because I do most of my ps3 online play late at night due to my work shifts but whenever I played after 12 I always found myself in servers with 4 or 5 people per team and it done my head in.

No matter what I tried it seemed impossible to get a full game after midnight. So I shelved BF due to that reason. So I decided to get vietnam the other day as I thought surely they would have the match making issues sorted by now but no turns out it still has the very same issue on vietnam and normal BFBC2. What a joke, how have they not sorted this since release??

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

wow - not good to hear all the bad experiences with BFBC2 - played this to death until I got MOH. Went back to it to try the vietnam - played a few games, but went back to MOH...I'm lovin it!!

Its down again today as it was yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Well after trading in Black Ops last week for Little Big Planet and getting back into Bad Company 2, I couldn't be happier.

Gone are the children screaming in my ear, gone are the alpha males, gone are the useless perks and 5 minute game and gone are the one man armies. And thank God.

I forgot how good this game was. And seeing as I was engrossed in Black Ops when the new maps came out as well as the Vietnam pack, the game has got new life again (once I don't end up in bloody Nelson Bay for the time being I'll be happy!)

This game is so much better than Black Ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Well after trading in Black Ops last week for Little Big Planet and getting back into Bad Company 2, I couldn't be happier.

Gone are the children screaming in my ear, gone are the alpha males, gone are the useless perks and 5 minute game and gone are the one man armies. And thank God.

I forgot how good this game was. And seeing as I was engrossed in Black Ops when the new maps came out as well as the Vietnam pack, the game has got new life again (once I don't end up in bloody Nelson Bay for the time being I'll be happy!)

This game is so much better than Black Ops.

+1 Black Ops has its moments, but its really just full of camping d1cks.

PS Lads there's a list set up of PSN names for BC2 here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    +1 Black Ops has its moments, but its really just full of camping d1cks.

You are right it does have its moments, but after a while its repetitive nature really shows.

Every game I play of search and destroy goes the same way. 30 seconds of ridiculous sprinting, influx of grenades always in the same spots, if you somehow avoid those you'll probably be tagged by a prone camper who's literally been sitting scoping the area you were just tagged in for ages.

I've played the game for an hour or so on end and it just "happened", I didn't get much joy out of it or anything, it just happened. Boring.

Also, every Black Ops level is ridiculously small. If you lined them all up together they still probably wouldn't be as long as the 'Heavy Metal' level.

I really hope BC implements the prone position correctly, in a way I wish they'd keep it the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I really hope BC implements the prone position correctly, in a way I wish they'd keep it the way it is.

It would have to be done so it only suited long distance shooting. And maybe even not be allowed in buildings.

Delighted I got the ''3 road kills in a round'' pin earlier.

It was the last one i had to get and i really didnt see any way I'd get it, especially when my stats showed I had around 7-8 in total between all vehicles :eek:(i taught i had around 50-60 in the 100 hours I've played)
    I then went and got it in 45 seconds tonight in three different areas.

Came out of the base on a quad on Harvest night in Conquest, saw a guy quad past me towards our base, spun around and went back and squashed him after he jumped off.
    Headed down to the nearest point where a sniper stood out in front of me- 2 kills and then decided I had a good chance of getting it and managed to find another straggler who didn't even see me.

Thrilled as i didnt think i'd get 3 in one round after seeing my total in 100 hours was less then 10.
    You tend to just drive through them most of the time like they're invisible.

With that pin i think i can clear every collectable and weapon now.
    I had sort of given up maxing out each weapon in the past day or two realising I'd prob never get the road kill pin to complete everything, but the others are just time restraints(the 200 or 500 shotgun kills etc...) and I'd get them with another 50 hours play

:pac:

I forgot how good this game was.

Same, i played it for around 50 odd hours on release, stopped playing it for a while and just traded it in.
    Came across a second hand copy for E25 at xmas and since i had the VIP already I bought it again and I've over 100 hours put into it now.

It could be so much better though with COD style matchmaking(splitting players up based on last round) and if the ticket counter adjusted based on numbers(75 is too much when there's only 12 or so on a map)

On the subject of BC songs, this is a good one.

The one above has a good video, but ''Arica'' has much better lyrics,

I don't think this was posted on here, i think it was the ''Games'' section

Advertisement