Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

mixednuts wrote: »
    LOL ..Nothing like getting 6 in a row , feels so good . Bet you they are all MW2 converts :) (camping)

You truly can tell the MW2 converts from the BF vets. No idea how to play, moaning at the lack of going prone (they weren't there for the prone spamming on bf2!) and wondering why their bullets don't go in a perfectly straight line when shooting vehicles a mile down the road.
    Imagine how the 1st guy felt , looking at his killcam watching you knife the other 5 .

Indeed. Though it's happened to me when you get annoyed that your team-mates don't cop the sniper after you've been killed..
    So your enjoying it then ?

Loving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I finally get in a game I actually enjoy, spend ages in it, then get disconnected from the server and have my stats and XP reset to like a few hours ago and lose all the progress I made. Has happened me twice in teh last few hours now. Think I'm just going to give up, it's too irritating at this stage. Stat resets drive me absolutely demented. Don't mind being disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I finally get in a game I actually enjoy, spend ages in it, then get disconnected from the server and have my stats and XP reset to like a few hours ago and lose all the progress I made. Has happened me twice in teh last few hours now. Think I'm just going to give up, it's too irritating at this stage. Stat resets drive me absolutely demented. Don't mind being disconnected.
    Muahahaha, my plan to get you back to playing MAG has worked!

Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. If I had the money I'd get this game to play with you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I am having trouble playing online. It connects and then when I try to join a game it says joining game... and then after a while you have been disconnected from the server. Anyone else??? Are the servers down?

GothPunk wrote: »
    Muahahaha, my plan to get you back to playing MAG has worked!

Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. If I had the money I'd get this game to play with you guys.

Lol, I played a few good games there now. Still prefer MAG, simply because I get to be a medic with an Assault Rifle in that rather than stuck with a LMG in BC2. Just played a few games as Assault class there and loved the assault rifle in BC2. Made me realise how damn innaccurate the LMG is. So going to stick with Medic for more close knit maps mainly methinks. Might pop back over to MAG later on though for a game or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Had some great games today. I really love recon. It doesn;t feel like camper like sniper does in other games.

I was quickly moving from point to point so i could get my ranged kills or paint a tank for mortar strike (nice amount of points).

I just wish more people would use the spotting (it gives +20 even if it isn't you who kills the guy) and they'd turn off that annoying air raid when your tickets are about to run out.

Overall based on multiplayer, better then MW2 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I just wish more people would use the spotting (it gives +20 even if it isn't you who kills the guy).

+1

Also wish a good engineer would back me up when in a Tank.

I just wish more people would use the spotting (it gives +20 even if it isn't you who kills the guy) and they'd turn off that annoying air raid when your tickets are about to run out..

I love spotting people! It's problematic in that my instinct now when I see someone is to spot first rather than fire! If they haven't seen me I spot them first, or if I know I'm going to get killed I try and spot them before I got down. If I'm close enough I can usually spot them as I'm shooting them. I do love that aspect of the game.

MAG is definitely more my type of game, but Bad Company 2 is different enough that it's a nice change of pace. They're similar in some ways. There's some aspects of Bad Company 2 that I love and I'm finally starting to enjoy it now. It took me a while though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

:mad: Getting disconnected from nearly every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just got dc'd there myself, grrr...

• Advertisement

I can't connect at all now for some reason, twas working fine a few minutes ago :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Guess I'll use the server downtime to add some of you to my friends list.

Guess I'll use the server downtime to add some of you to my friends list.

So that's why I got an invite! I'm on the last mission of the single player now. hopefully it'll be back up and running by the time I'm finished that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I love spotting people!

i coated a teammate in darts for a laugh does that mean he'd show up on the opposition's hud?

was in a squad yesterday with 4 headsets and one guy was lets say.. overenthusiastic. to the point no-one answered back! really irritating, was a Dub =/ i cringed the whole match. gonna hop into the 'field right now. btw does anyone know what 2 maps were unlocked by the VIP code? cos if one's the demo map i then want the regular version.. but it seems everyone's a VIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Am I missing something about the 2nd recon scope you unlock? It seems to be the same as the normal sniper scope... Is it meant to have a 2nd zoom or wha?

Played about 4hrs today, panama canal conquest map is a thing of pure beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

just got it today - couple of connection issues - resolved by restarting the game. panama canal map is class!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Sort of got lost in Heavy Rain instead of playing this today! Ah well, should be on for some gmaes during the week

RAIN wrote: »
    Am I missing something about the 2nd recon scope you unlock? It seems to be the same as the normal sniper scope... Is it meant to have a 2nd zoom or wha?

Played about 4hrs today, panama canal conquest map is a thing of pure beauty.

Could it be the addition (spotter) that you unlocked for your scope , or is that maybe the 3rd unlock ? , well in anyway if it is the spotter add on then the scope is the exact same , it just spots for you instead of having to do finger yoga and hit select. :)... Very handy.

M

Havn't unlocked the spotter yet, its the one after the 6x scope so I guess its the 12x. Ah I think its just a scope you can add the snipers that don't have it. No Biggy.

1 other question when piloting the UAV does it have an alt fire? I though one time I could lay machine gun fire and call in a strike. Then every other time I just had the option to call in the strike.

Havn't unlocked the spotter yet, its the one after the 6x scope so I guess its the 12x. Ah I think its just a scope you can add the snipers that don't have it. No Biggy.

1 other question when piloting the UAV does it have an alt fire? I though one time I could lay machine gun fire and call in a strike. Then every other time I just had the option to call in the strike.

Yea , Alt fire (R1) is a unlock , dont think its a major unlock and comes available pretty quick .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

any one else having constant connection problems. After 4 minutes in each game I get disconnected. My internet connection is fine. I only bought the game friday and completed the single player yesterday eveing. Since Friday I have tried Multiplayer regulary only to have the same connection lost error. I see the in game store isnt working either.

Any ideas ?

Yea , Alt fire (R1) is a unlock , dont think its a major unlock and comes available pretty quick .

Ah that makes sense, I changed my Vehicle Perk so I could take extra damage!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Is anyone having trouble playing this game online with NAT type 3? EA says servers are working for PS3 but I am having trouble playing online. Could it be my NAT type? Every other game works fine online.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

ferike1 wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble playing this game online with NAT type 3? EA says servers are working for PS3 but I am having trouble playing online. Could it be my NAT type? Every other game works fine online.

Nat 3 is always going to give you problems online, you need to get it to NAT 2 or 1.

I'm really enjoying multiplayer now. Get the odd frustrating moment, but that's usually down to being with a bad team or whatnot. Have gotten used to the classes etc. and it's finally all clicked with me! It's just different enough from MAG that it keeps me from getting bored with it. A million times better than MW2. Still not sure which I prefer, MAG or this. Will have to see how I feel in a month or so to give Bad Company the same run of time I've had with MAG :P

There's some really nice touches. Like the knife kills and the fact you get the player's dogtags for knife killing them. Love that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

aindriu80 wrote: »
    any one else having constant connection problems. After 4 minutes in each game I get disconnected. My internet connection is fine. I only bought the game friday and completed the single player yesterday eveing. Since Friday I have tried Multiplayer regulary only to have the same connection lost error. I see the in game store isnt working either.

Any ideas ?

I have the exact same issue, disconnects after about 4 minutes each game. I did notice if, after I logged into the ea server when first starting up the game, and just did nothing, I would get disconnected due to inactivity after 4 minutes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

does anyone want to play on a squad from here?

psn: IRL_CRACKSHOT

I'm really enjoying multiplayer now. Get the odd frustrating moment, but that's usually down to being with a bad team or whatnot. Have gotten used to the classes etc. and it's finally all clicked with me! It's just different enough from MAG that it keeps me from getting bored with it. A million times better than MW2. Still not sure which I prefer, MAG or this. Will have to see how I feel in a month or so to give Bad Company the same run of time I've had with MAG :P

There's some really nice touches. Like the knife kills and the fact you get the player's dogtags for knife killing them. Love that!

Its always the way with Battlefield dude, at the start; there some much going that you just end up getting killed a lot and are running around like a headless chicken. Then you start getting smart and have lots of fun getting behind camping snipers and finishing them off with a nice knife to the back. I got 30 Dog Tags over the weekend.

Plus for me the maps and game types are top notch.

Its always the way with Battlefield dude, at the start; there some much going that you just end up getting killed a lot and are running around like a headless chicken. Then you start getting smart and have lots of fun getting behind camping snipers and finishing them off with a nice knife to the back. I got 30 Dog Tags over the weekend.

Plus for me the maps and game types are top notch.

I haven't changed the way I play that much, just basically doing what I do in MAG, just have to change it up slightly, which is why I had a bit of an adjustment period! Just had to get used to the differences and mechanics really, and start to get familiar with the game types.

Still think MAG is better in terms of the team dynamic and getting you to work with our squad mates and all that. The only thing that's annoying me now is that the medic has nothing that can counteract tanks, or blow holes in walls. Was playing as Assualt for a bit there and it was immensely satisfying finding the window where I'd just been sniped from and launching a grenade at it taking out the sniper and half the building! The Medic's got nowt that can do that though, and I can just stand staring at a tank hoping he doesn't see me. Best I can do is tracer dart it. Every other class has some sort of explosive, Medic seems kinda limited it the gadgets and stuff it has compared to the others. They could've given us C4 at least! Other than that though I'm finding it very enjoyable now.

• Advertisement

I got a guys Dog Tags 4 times in the same round ...I could her him screaming from across the Atlantic ...Fooking Yanks ! :D

Advertisement