Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm gonna trade in MAG and MW2 for this I think. I loved 1943 and the demo was unreal. Might give MAG a few more goes but I don't think I'd play it at all if i kept it alongside this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

• Registered Users Posts: 7,804 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mine was shipped today :D havent palyed much of the demo so ill need some time to get back into the battlefield action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Mine was shipped today :D havent palyed much of the demo so ill need some time to get back into the battlefield action.

Where did you order from?

EDIT: After looking at the youtube video posted earlier, I'm picking this up on Friday. If the video is true, it addresses a lot of the things i didn't like about MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

"gimme gimme-e-e gimme some mo-ah"

just seen the advert ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Any update on the xtra-vision trade in deal? Im broke and really want this game:o

I'm hoping they'll take MAG and MW2, those 2 were on the list they would take for AVP anyway.

Hoping they'll sell it to me today too :P

Edit: I just went in there. They'll take MAG, MW2, Bayonetta, Army of Two 2, Dantes Inferno, Mass Effect 2, good few more.
    Pretty long list of recent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,804 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Where did you order from?

EDIT: After looking at the youtube video posted earlier, I'm picking this up on Friday. If the video is true, it addresses a lot of the things i didn't like about MW2.

The hut i think i got it when they where giving some money off think it was around 37 euro. I wasnt too pushed as Metro 2033 i out soon too but said id pick it up for that price. Im not a massive battlefield fan but it will do for a week or 2 then ill get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone trading in for this Xtravision are doing the trade two games deal again,was in the paper today no list for the games though

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Got mine today from gamesnash.ie

Played about 30mins of the SP so far and am enjoying it :)
    MP working also - just tried 1 game - but can't download/activate the other maps just yet. Probably tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Misterpphead

Looks like a sexy purchase.......the gf just about hung in during MW2 but i'd say its single'sville for me if i buy this :rolleyes:..........who am i kiddin its a done deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Anyone know if any of the shops are gonna release tonight, xtravision won't break the release date unless someone other shop like tesco, gamestops does it first.

Need this game tonight :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

EGriff wrote: »
    Edit: I just went in there. They'll take MAG, MW2, Bayonetta, Army of Two 2, Dantes Inferno, Mass Effect 2, good few more.
    Pretty long list of recent games.

Do you remember if Bioshock 2 and Darksiders were on the list? Defo trading in Bioshock 2, but may throw in Darksiders if it gets me BC2 for nowt.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Do you remember if Bioshock 2 and Darksiders were on the list? Defo trading in Bioshock 2, but may throw in Darksiders if it gets me BC2 for nowt.

Bioshock 2 yes, Darksiders no.

Was just in there again seeing if i could get it early but no go. Guy said they didn't get the delivery in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Just in case no one knows yet it's 50 euro for LE in Xtravision :D

Didn't get it last night either, even tried a bribe hehe. Said they would get fined or smoething it they vreak the release date. Oh well I'm gonna pop up and get it after breakfast.

EGriff wrote: »
    Bioshock 2 yes, Darksiders no.

Was just in there again seeing if i could get it early but no go. Guy said they didn't get the delivery in yet.

Cool thanks for that. Gives me an excuse to hold onto Darksiders anyway. Love that game. Bit annoying that's not on the list though when Bayonetta is and it came out the same day.

Going to pop down and get this now anyway methinks. Going for the PS3 version too. Finally hit level 60 on MAG last night so going to take a break from it...for one night anyway!

Had to fiddle around with my piece of crap eircom router for a while to get it online. Brilliant, chasing people on quad bikes is fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

timefora_J wrote: »
    Just in case no one knows yet it's 50 euro for LE in Xtravision :D

Didn't get it last night either, even tried a bribe hehe. Said they would get fined or smoething it they vreak the release date. Oh well I'm gonna pop up and get it after breakfast.

How much is the standard edition in xtravision?

How much is the standard edition in xtravision?

I think every edition is the special edition. It gives you the code for the DLC maps and a couple of extra weapons. Similar to Mass Effect it's just to encourage you to buy it new. It's all on disc, once I entered the code it was all unlocked.

Just played the first half an hour or so of it and really enjoying it. Handles a bit like Killzone. There's a bit more weight to the movement and aiming which I like a lot.

It's 49.99 in Game too, weirdly they have it marked as 54.99 though. Maybe they're doing a price match thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I think every edition is the special edition. It gives you the code for the DLC maps and a couple of extra weapons. Similar to Mass Effect it's just to encourage you to buy it new. It's all on disc, once I entered the code it was all unlocked.

Is it just an unlock key you get? Because when I entered the code I noticed I didn't have to download anything but it said the maps were now unlocked.

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    Is it just an unlock key you get? Because when I entered the code I noticed I didn't have to download anything but it said the maps were now unlocked.

Yup I think that's the case. Same thing happened me, didn't have to download anything. Didn't see the maps yet, but the weapons appeared straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

rizzla wrote: »

They said the two unlockable maps were on the disc in their press release. The LE unlocks are ofc on the disk too. I imagine when people realise how quickly they could have unlocked those "perks" it will be a bit of a let down. Unless they completely changed the points system from the BETA, in which case I'd be fuuurrioussss! Really it's the ACOG sights on the AR and LMG rifles that are the major unlocks you should be going for. No codes for them unfortunately.

Picked it up at GAME for €49.99 which was somewhat of a shock. Usually they stick on an extra tenner to the RRP just for a laugh.

Got a Sony bluetooth headset there too for €39.99.

So I traded in MAG and MW2 for that "trade 2 games and get bc2 free offer in xtravision. Got the game and a 10euro gift card, guess they're giving 30 euro each for those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I might trade Heavy Rain and MW2 for this today.

Zatoichi wrote: »
    They said the two unlockable maps were on the disc in their press release. The LE unlocks are ofc on the disk too. I imagine when people realise how quickly they could have unlocked those "perks" it will be a bit of a let down. Unless they completely changed the points system from the BETA, in which case I'd be fuuurrioussss! Really it's the ACOG sights on the AR and LMG rifles that are the major unlocks you should be going for. No codes for them unfortunately.

Picked it up at GAME for €49.99 which was somewhat of a shock. Usually they stick on an extra tenner to the RRP just for a laugh.

Got a Sony bluetooth headset there too for €39.99.

I think your gonna be let down if you compared the BETA unlocks with the full release .
    The BETA was also a way to let you sample , I would be surprised if the unlocks in the BETA become available as easy in the full release.
    Besides the LE " claims" to give you 1 months gaming advantage over the standard edition , now I don't believe for 1 second for this to be true , but I can't see me getting the same LE unlocks in 3 hrs ( like in the BETA ) if I had bought the STD edition , that would be taking the piss 1month/3hrs .

Grayditch wrote: »
    I might trade Heavy Rain and MW2 for this today.

Do it ... It's a beautiful looking game that plays like silk.
    No campers , no hectic false mechanics .
    10/10 for me so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Played an hour of MW2 last night and I swear I'm ONLY keeping it for Spec Ops now.There's so little skill involved in the game, dudes doing that stupid jumping and diving thing or camping/grenade launcher spaming....infuriating. MAG and this are my go to FPS until Reach comes out.

So much more gratifying.

Just played a few games of Conquest there earlier and enjoyed it a lot. Going to get through the single player first I think before I go back to Multiplayer. Though I'll probably have a quick blast later on. Have to finish the GOd of War Collection too before God of War III comes out, and Final Fantasy and I'm in the Blur Beta from Monday too. Too many games, too many damn good games!

Very impressed with BC2 though. Didn't play the first one so wasn't sure what to expect. Love the style and the not too subtle digs at MW2!

Just finished the
    Snowblind mission where you have to run from house to house before you freeze to death. Nice level, was pretty well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

HMV: This and Hurt Locker BluRay for €50.99

Yes, please. I traded Heavy Rain and they gave me €33 for it off the bundle. Considering it cost €44 there last week, it was a very decent trip to HMV today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Picking of picking this up tonight, don't suppose anyone recently traded in AC2 in xtravision and remembers how much they got? :P

Advertisement