Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BFBC2 only gets a 8.9 review from IGN ???????
    Is Erik Brudvig on drugs ?
    http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1072632p1.html

Not a 9.5 or 10 to be seen on any section , not even Graphics or Sound ?

Some frosty reaction to be found in the comments section of same review and on lots of similar forums.

Also some funny stuff:
    http://bit.ly/c8ZcgZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Anyone know the specifics of the Xtravision deal for this? It says something like 'Trade in two games and get BFBC2 free'. But that seems too good to be true. There wasn't any list of titles they would only accept on the promo that I could see.

Gamestop gives you an AK47 unlock for multiplayer if you preorder(which in my opinion isnt great) but I dont think they have a trade in policy for it at all.

Not too sure about Xtravision though as I rarely get games from there!
    :pac:

One good thing about the XtraVision deal is it includes the Limited edition version.
    Only 2 places seem to be selling thus edition , Game & XV .

Guess they are expecting most to trade in MW2 , hence the 2 game trade in :)
    I for 1 will be

A little taster ...

http://bit.ly/bh5mP9

looks class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

mixednuts wrote: »
    One good thing about the XtraVision deal is it includes the Limited edition version.
    Only 2 places seem to be selling thus edition , Game & XV

"Anybody that buys Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in its initial run will receive the Limited Edition. Once that sells out, the standard game will be sold at the same price"

whats the word on trading 2 games for it? i'm gonna stall completion of Heavy Rain til thursday night

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote: »
    "Anybody that buys Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in its initial run will receive the Limited Edition. Once that sells out, the standard game will be sold at the same price"

whats the word on trading 2 games for it? i'm gonna stall completion of Heavy Rain til thursday night

Are you sure about that ... I rang around a few places and GAME is the approved vendor so they get LE .
    All other shops bar XV only had standard edition.

I stand corrected but.

no, i'm not. but the IGN review says that. if ****ty xtravision has it on the shelves i'll take it thats the case

thats how it used to be, first come / first served. can never be sure nowadays.. indeed a special edition for me is rare, particularly from Xtravision. i hate being first in line to be asked 'did you pre-book it' or 'we didn't get it in'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Star Bingo wrote: »
    no, i'm not. but the IGN review says that. if ****ty xtravision has it on the shelves i'll take it thats the case

thats how it used to be, first come / first served. can never be sure nowadays.. indeed a special edition for me is rare, particularly from Xtravision. i hate being first in line to be asked 'did you pre-book it' or 'we didn't get it in'

I went in to get Heavy Rain on friday in Gamestop looking to get the special edition after people posting here but I was told that they only gave them out to folks that pre-ordered it. Gonna ring GAME to do that tomorrow so I can get the BFBC2 L.E

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

The Limited Edition is just some early access to unlockable perks and weapons? If that's all it is then it isn't a big deal for me.

On the 2 games trade in offer, it looks like they want two recently released games similar to the list in their AvP offer.

The Limited Edition is just some early access to unlockable perks and weapons? If that's all it is then it isn't a big deal for me.

so standard issue plastic box. no wonder it'll be on the shelves

i only care about limited eds for the unique packaging. else just make it available in the PSN store.. ah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

RAIN wrote: »

Roll on the 5th ..well hoping to get it the 4th ;)

Any word of retailers breaking the 5th street date yet?

Also, on the review front, it seems only Eurogamer and 1UP are giving it a fair shake. IGN and Gametrailers seem to be either too partisan in favour of CoD or they are licking their wounds after giving MW2 far too much praise and are treating BC2 with more caution as a result.

Either way, reviews are just someone else's opinion and I rarely base my buying decision on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Any word of retailers breaking the 5th street date yet?

Also, on the review front, it seems only Eurogamer and 1UP are giving it a fair shake. IGN and Gametrailers seem to be either too partisan in favour of CoD or they are licking their wounds after giving MW2 far too much praise and are treating BC2 with more caution as a result.

Either way, reviews are just someone else's opinion and I rarely base my buying decision on them.

I've had a ring around a few places (GAME, Gamestop, HMV, Smyths, xtravision, Tesco) and have been told a straight out no by all of them bar xtravision who said "maybe"

I much prefer BBFC2 in comparison to MW2 for three reasons...no campers, destructible environment and the ability to drive/pilot vehicles instead of simply calling them in.

however dour i found the demo map and suspect i found the ironsights.. one thing's for sure i know i played the fook ourra BC1 - and this will get BOUGHT.

well, 2 titles traded for :pac:

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I've had a ring around a few places (GAME, Gamestop, HMV, Smyths, xtravision, Tesco) and have been told a straight out no by all of them bar xtravision who said "maybe"

I much prefer BBFC2 in comparison to MW2 for three reasons...no campers, destructible environment and the ability to drive/pilot vehicles instead of simply calling them in.

Me to , but the constant comparisons to MW2 are getting annoying .
    Besides one is shoite (MW2) and the others fooking great ( BFBC2)

Another thing ... Activison sacked the 2 top Infinity Ward guys yesterday , hopefully they will be on the DICE ship soon :)
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/03/insubordination-infinity-ward-cofounder-gone-from-activision.ars

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-faceoff-battlefield-bad-company-2

Thank god my screen tear worries are unfounded. And the PS3 was lead platform? Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Check this out :D

Can't see it meself so heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

When is this in store's ? i want it >_< giefff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

timefora_J wrote: »
    Check this out :D

Can't see it meself so heres the link

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Downloaded this yesterday, and so far i cant connect. The error message is telling me i cant conect to ea online. Any ideas?

Yea seen that vid some days ago , v funny but also some great tips.
    Best thing you can take from it is "spotting your enemy" ( aim and hit select)
    Get your snipers to always "spot" and if your sitting on a Bradley it's s great way to give out someones location .

One game ( whilst defending) we had 2 guys just sitting in a Bradley , spotting the enemy and clearing trees.... There was not 1 tree left and every enemy was easily spotted and killed , great craic had by all. :)

Roll on tomorrow !

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Downloaded this yesterday, and so far i cant connect. The error message is telling me i cant conect to ea online. Any ideas?

Known issue ...
    http://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Andy-Pandy wrote: »

Yeah, the demo finished last week. The demo servers are switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Would everyone be ok with me changing the title of this thread? Just so we have a general BFBC thread rather then a demo thread?

Would everyone be ok with me changing the title of this thread? Just so we have a general BFBC thread rather then a demo thread?

I have no problem with that , seen I started it ! Go for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Really looking forward to it have the LE pre-booked, rang Xtravision today just to see if they have a final price yet and they don't.

I was thinking its gonne be around 65 euro but Game in England have the LE at reduced from 49.99 to 39.99 pounds, hope the price drop makes it way over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

This looks great, really enjoyed the demo. Kind of proves the gaming press took the activision coin after this started getting worse reviews than MW2. I enjoyed the demo of this more than the full game of MW2 and I actually might use my headset for once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Huh I had no intention of getting this, didn't even download the demo, but after watching a few videos etc, I think I'm going to pick it up. Kinda like what happened me with MAG. Hopefully I'm as pleasantly surprised by this! Not sure whether I'm going to pick it up on 360 or PS3 though. Might go for Xbox to keep my PS3 MAG-only for online FPS :P

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Huh I had no intention of getting this, didn't even download the demo, but after watching a few videos etc, I think I'm going to pick it up. Kinda like what happened me with MAG. Hopefully I'm as pleasantly surprised by this! Not sure whether I'm going to pick it up on 360 or PS3 though. Might go for Xbox to keep my PS3 MAG-only for online FPS :P

Get it on PS3 :http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-faceoff-battlefield-bad-company-2

Advertisement