Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Crosáidí wrote: »
    How does this compare to MW2?

this deserves the title 'warfare' more. hard to accept the feel of it initially coming from the supersmooth grunt marathon of CODs, but after a few hours or less you're hooked. more depth here easily - MW would need a new map pack every week to keep it ticking over to be frank, too shallow an experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone else just really really enjoying blowing **** up? :D
    "That is the greatest thing i have ever see in my whole damn life"
    Sheer Brilliance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Anyone else just really really enjoying blowing **** up? :D

nice that stuff other than just grunts can be torn apart. there's no ultra linear garbage here with finely tuned soldier mechanics and nothing more, this is a sandbox. the warfield is a demanding environment and it should react duly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just watched a vid on yootoob where a squad was storming a building when it got blown to shizzle and all you can hear is a grunt shouting 'we need to bury that mutha****a' class in game cursing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I fired off a grenade at 2 guys just as they were killing me. I died, the grenade missed them, hit the last piece of wall left in the house they were in and knocked the whole building down. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

EGriff wrote: »
    I fired off a grenade at 2 guys just as they were killing me. I died, the grenade missed them, hit the last piece of wall left in the house they were in and knocked the whole building down. :D

Battlefield moments, one major thing this has over MW2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

EGriff wrote: »
    rizzla wrote: »
    Battlefield moments, one major thing this has over MW2. :)

In the one game I managed to play online before my shoddy connection dropped, two guys on my team loaded up one of the other teams m-com stations with c4 on all the building's walls and when the other team tried to diffuse it the two guys set off all the c4, leveling the building. Killed nine enemies between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm starting to enjoy it a bit more. Snipers are driving me absolutely nuts though. Large open maps make the game sniper's heaven IMO.

Had a couple of good games there with WolfForager, where I didn't seem to have a big bullseye painted on my forehead. Still getting used to the idosyncracies of it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 J_to_the_PC

I need to find a nice bunch of guys who play for fun but also work together a bit. Being a lone wolf is no fun

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Absolute class A game on mp! ive been playing non stop for near 12 hours now (although a fun waste of a day), my eyballs are on fire so il have to come back maybe tomorrow with something a bit more constructive to the thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

I need to find a nice bunch of guys who play for fun but also work together a bit. Being a lone wolf is no fun

+1 to this. Any of you want to start a sort of ad-hoc boards squad? So if we're online we can just send squad invites or w.e., and kick ass
    boards-shtyle. I'll start the ball rolling. My PSN is Benediqt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

count me in psn i.d damosapiens

damo86 wrote: »
    count me in psn i.d damosapiens
    cool, invite sent.

Yep mine is J_to_the_PC
    I'll be on later guys, in a few hours. Thanks for the response

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'm in too, psn is landsleaving, will be on later more than likely

good stuff, gonna try and get on for a bit later too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

on ps3.. gamertag BAZ171075... No teamwork what so ever.. every team ive been on, im the only one with a mic..

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    every team ive been on, im the only one with a mic..
    :o Have to admit i've never used a mic in a game, and after MW2 i've nearly been completely put off them for life, in public servers anyway. Might be persuaded to dig mine out though if needs be (if i can find it...). Oh, and invite sent btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

im playin now... no mic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

TheAmateur wrote: »
    :o Have to admit i've never used a mic in a game, and after MW2 i've nearly been completely put off them for life, in public servers anyway. Might be persuaded to dig mine out though if needs be (if i can find it...). Oh, and invite sent btw.

recieved and accepted

• Advertisement

HMV will give me 29e trade in for MW2. It was good while it lasted, gonna pick up Bad Company tomorrow. Is the special edition worth it the extra maps? HMV said price was 45 but not sure if that was special edition or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

sheehy83 wrote: »
    HMV will give me 29e trade in for MW2. It was good while it lasted, gonna pick up Bad Company tomorrow. Is the special edition worth it the extra maps? HMV said price was 45 but not sure if that was special edition or not.

Every edition is the special edition or has the maps as far as I know. It's just a thing to try to get you to buy it new. Like they did with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age.

aw cool, really didnt want to be splashing out any more for a special edition. Good idea out of makers.

my psn is: sheehy83

i'll be on during the week, will get some practice in SP first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Every edition is the special edition or has the maps as far as I know. It's just a thing to try to get you to buy it new. Like they did with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age.

Does it say Special Edition on the box? Mine doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Does it say Special Edition on the box? Mine doesn't.

As long as you have the VIP code in it, I think thats pretty much the special edition without the name on the case. One of my mates was looking around for a copy today and all said on the back they include the extra stuff but had not LE on the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

timefora_J wrote: »
    As long as you have the VIP code in it, I think thats pretty much the special edition without the name on the case. One of my mates was looking around for a copy today and all said on the back they include the extra stuff but had not LE on the front.

Every edition has the VIP code enclosed.
    The LE has bonus content :
    improved vehicle armour
    supreme vehicle firepower
    vehicle motion sensor
    tracer dart pistol
    M1a1 sub machine gun ( from bf1943)
    m1911 pistol ( from bf1943)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

mixednuts wrote: »
    M1a1 sub machine gun ( from bf1943)

Which is bloody awesome btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Today I achieved a lot. Wrote some of my dissertation, fixed other parts. Did some programming for a project. I also went to the Botanic gardens and took some rather lovely photos in the sun. Oh, and I stabbed 6 dudes in a row, in the same area of the map in Battlefield. I am, as they say, fantastic ;)

Anyone else want to add me for some BFBC2?..
    PSN : J_to_the_PC

Im from Cork :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Today I achieved a lot. Wrote some of my dissertation, fixed other parts. Did some programming for a project. I also went to the Botanic gardens and took some rather lovely photos in the sun. Oh, and I stabbed 6 dudes in a row, in the same area of the map in Battlefield. I am, as they say, fantastic ;)

LOL ..Nothing like getting 6 in a row , feels so good . Bet you they are all MW2 converts :) (camping)

Imagine how the 1st guy felt , looking at his killcam watching you knife the other 5 .
    So your enjoying it then ?

Advertisement