Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just installed this, very cool

STB wrote: »
    Well if Project Valerie isnt enough to entice you over to Blackhole, then OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA)BBC Player and ITV player working in Ireland will be.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

ondemand is also available on vix as is 1channel and icefilms which simply the best plugins ever

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ouncer wrote: »
    ondemand is also available on vix as is 1channel and icefilms which simply the best plugins ever
    I don't see OnDemand on the Plugins list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

fguinan wrote: »
    OnDemand is working on Vix 3.0. Is there anyway to get the the vix epg on blackhole?

Blackhole has its own EPG. or you can use Cool's epg plugin. Blackhole has loads of customisations available. Blackhole universes allow you to use a USB to cut down on the use of internal flash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Just noticed that when i record one channel i cant watch another. I recently had my box flashed (not by me) with new BH image and just wondering how do i see if both cables are getting signal from dish?

Or are there some options not set they way they should be, if anyone could throw some light on this i would be very gratefull.

Thanks

Probably the tuner set up in system setting is not right

JonnyM wrote: »
    Just noticed that when i record one channel i cant watch another. I recently had my box flashed (not by me) with new BH image and just wondering how do i see if both cables are getting signal from dish?

Or are there some options not set they way they should be, if anyone could throw some light on this i would be very gratefull.

Thanks

Tony wrote: »
    Probably the tuner set up in system setting is not right

Also when i press any channel number, example: ch 20 it goes to ch22 it always goes 2 channels ahead :confused:

Both my tuners are set to sats 28.2 is that correct??

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Also when i press any channel number, example: ch 20 it goes to ch22 it always goes 2 channels ahead :confused:

Both my tuners are set to sats 28.2 is that correct??

Tuner A should be 28.2, Tuner B should be set to "equal to Tuner A".

Don't know about the channel numbering, maybe try Dreambox Edit to see what's up.

sounds like loose second cable. if you press the ok button you get information about the current. at the bottom right hand side it indicates if you are on tuner A or tuner B. If you are on tuner A and all is working then disconnect tuner A cable from back of duo and replace it with the cable that is currently going into tuner B. Do you still have a picture on the TV. If not the cable now in TunerA is either loose at the LNB or is faulty

• Advertisement

Armys HD Gradient skin in now available for Black Hole 2.0 if anyone needs.

ouncer wrote: »
    sounds like loose second cable. if you press the ok button you get information about the current. at the bottom right hand side it indicates if you are on tuner A or tuner B. If you are on tuner A and all is working then disconnect tuner A cable from back of duo and replace it with the cable that is currently going into tuner B. Do you still have a picture on the TV. If not the cable now in TunerA is either loose at the LNB or is faulty

Came home from work and everything is back to normal didnt touch a thing on it.

I did check cables yesterday to see if they were loose going into the back of the box but were all good.

Mystery to me :confused:

Tony wrote: »
    Armys HD Gradient skin in now available for Black Hole 2.0 if anyone needs.

Will check this out but can anyone else suggest a good skin using newest BH image??

I'd say have a look at skins in the feeds section, not that many yet for 2.0 but you can get a preview of the look without having to download.

Will check this out but can anyone else suggest a good skin using newest BH image??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Can someone tell me where i can access the USB tuner Panel in Black Hole 1.7.9. I know in earlier verisons it was in the menu listing but I cant seem to find it in this BH image I installed round Xmas time. I am trying to install a new usb DVB-t stick I have and want to go through and install a suitable drivers available?

In the last few versions of BH, there is no tuner panel, the drivers are preloaded.

Are you adding or exchanging the USB tuner? Either way, just shut down the box completely, plug in the tuner, and start up. If there are drivers available, they'll load in the background, and the tuner should show up in "Tuner Configuration", or in the Info page.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

rurs wrote: »
    In the last few versions of BH, there is no tuner panel, the drivers are preloaded.

Are you adding or exchanging the USB tuner? Either way, just shut down the box completely, plug in the tuner, and start up. If there are drivers available, they'll load in the background, and the tuner should show up in "Tuner Configuration", or in the Info page.

I'm just bought a Solo 2, installed Black Hole 2.01 and have the following issues:

1/ I can't get my 'August DVB-T205 USB Freeview Tuner Stick' to be recognised. Does anyone know if there is a driver available for this?

2/ My other issue is that after using Dreamset to update the Channel Lists and Bouquets I can't seem to get the changes to save to the box. The transfer seems to work but when I check the box the changes have not happened. What could I be doing wrong?

Other than those issues I am impressed with the box so far. My Cyfra and JSC cards are clearing fine on ccCam and the OnDemand plugin is very handy.

Would love to have Saorview working on the box :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

I don't think that stick is supported, I bought the hauppauge nova stick and it works fine, the sony playtv dual tuner works with the same drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Using Vix 3 and tonight it took ages for the box to boot. It kept at the Loading please wait screen for 5 minutes or more. I switched it off twice thinking it was kaput but the third time it booted.
    I notice over the past few months it is slow to boot. Takes ages. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Use Dreambox Edit to make the changes to the bouquets list, it's a whole lot easier and will bring PICONs across as well, make sure that Auto Reload Settings Enigma2 is checked.

I've been looking for a DVB-T stick to get, thanks Stanley

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Use Dreambox Edit to make the changes to the bouquets list, it's a whole lot easier and will bring PICONs across as well, make sure that Auto Reload Settings Enigma2 is checked.

I've been looking for a DVB-T stick to get, thanks Stanley

Thanks for the advice. Dreambox Edit worked a treat!

stanley1 wrote: »
    I don't think that stick is supported, I bought the hauppauge nova stick and it works fine, the sony playtv dual tuner works with the same drivers.

Thanks. Looks like I will have to buy one of those so....

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Speculative enquiry.

Anybody having DiSEqC issues with recent builds of VIX 3.0?. I know the tuner settings had to be reset after a build a few weeks ago but since then I have been having intermittent issues. (MyTuner A is 5W & 28.2E, Tuner B is just 28.2E)

I recognise the most likely cause is with my 5W LNB connections or possibly with the switch and I have more detailed troubleshooting to do but I'm not yet convinced something hasn't changed on VIX other than a reset of the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Speculative enquiry.

Anybody having DiSEqC issues with recent builds of VIX 3.0?. I know the tuner settings had to be reset after a build a few weeks ago but since then I have been having intermittent issues. (MyTuner A is 5W & 28.2E, Tuner B is just 28.2E)

I recognise the most likely cause is with my 5W LNB connections or possibly with the switch and I have more detailed troubleshooting to do but I'm not yet convinced something hasn't changed on VIX other than a reset of the settings.

I have 7 satellites on latest VIX with DiSEqC and have no issues on two VU duos

Tonio wrote: »
    Thanks. Looks like I will have to buy one of those so....

Before you shell out, try the developer on vuplus-community.

See this thread for info on how to identify your tuner.

From a quick skim here, it looks like there are Linux drivers, they just need to be compiled for the Vu+ architecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

with the ondemand plugin....no matter how i put it on...download through the vix menu or ftp and manually put it in...i get an error -
    scope_active_skin

whats the cause of that ?

i have an issue with a clone vu+ duo i got at the weekend.
    it's on vix 3

the black remote which came with it was very very poor...had to hold it right up to the box and then only sometimes it would register.
    i borrowed a white remote from a neighbour who also has a clone vu+....it worked better but still very poorly and intermittently
    i downloaded an app for my phone which worked as a remote over the wifi....it works superbly...very very fast and box is very responsive.

based on the above, could i put the issue down to the ir sensor in the box ??....i have checked the ribbon cable is secure inside.....dunno what else to do though......thanks in advance for any help.

also....the black remote that came with the box is working prefectly on my friends vu+ duo clone

was of the impression that latest clone safe vix images are all oe 1.6 images ie. images from versions within the 100 and 200 range. the images in the 300 rage are oe2.0 based are to my knowledge are not safe to use on clone devices. I would suggest you try an older vix image and see if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i have an issue with a clone vu+ duo i got at the weekend.
    it's on vix 3

the black remote which came with it was very very poor...had to hold it right up to the box and then only sometimes it would register.
    i borrowed a white remote from a neighbour who also has a clone vu+....it worked better but still very poorly and intermittently
    i downloaded an app for my phone which worked as a remote over the wifi....it works superbly...very very fast and box is very responsive.

based on the above, could i put the issue down to the ir sensor in the box ??....i have checked the ribbon cable is secure inside.....dunno what else to do though......thanks in advance for any help.

also....the black remote that came with the box is working prefectly on my friends vu+ duo clone

on the original duo, there was a plastic film over the display, that affected the remote, might be that

• Advertisement

yes, there was....but i took it off whe i got it.
    also...i removed the hdd and usb flash drive to make sure neither of them were effecting it.....still the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement